Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bitterroot Footage

bitterroot strange footage

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31    Valkyria

Valkyria

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

A promo video or not, it looks pretty awesome.

#32    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

JOSEPH KONY! FOUND AT LAST!!

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#33    mcrguy18

mcrguy18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• Ghost, Monsters and Demons i get but people are just crazy.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

i have been keeping an eye on the this story since i heard about it last i heard they were looking for the guy who sold them the box the film came in but that was over a month ago and all of the social media acconts to do with the bitter root footage have not be acessed since may 19th so it's either a hoax or it's real the guys are dead

#34    Agent D. Scully

Agent D. Scully

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

• "O monstrous! O strange! We are haunted!"

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Made me think somewhat of Marble Hornets. I'm eager to see where they go with it, but honestly, the tone in the background was the only unnerving part about the video.

De omnibus Dubitandum. All is to be doubted.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

Come visit My  youtube channel!

#35    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

if memory serves, aren't old 8mm film cameras really noisy when filming?, clickclickclickclickclickclick, so out in the woods one must consider that being that close to the "old man" the sound from the camera would be clearly if not aggressively audible. Seems far fetched the person filming would go undetected. But, it was interesting.

#36    Thurlow

Thurlow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "Everything's possible"

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Umm.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1349450/

#37    ImaLoner

ImaLoner

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

Thurlow, on 19 June 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

no.. the movie you linked is actually THIS movie, which Nick Nolte was considering doing... However, there has been a hold-up with production:
http://www.cinemable...root-30685.html

The Black List script from Michael Gilio centers on an over-the-hill Montana rancher who loses his life savings in a bank scam. When he's can't find someone at hand to hold accountable, he mounts up with his guns and heads to Bitterroot to get his money back.

Hardly a movie about a cloaked figure, I'd say.

#38    GenericUnoriginality

GenericUnoriginality

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• "Those who know nothing, can understand nothing!"

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

Definitely reminds me of Marble Hornets.

#39    Thurlow

Thurlow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "Everything's possible"

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

This may also highly likely be the result of a highly well produced collage project.

Edited by Thurlow, 20 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#40    lalalalana

lalalalana

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

• Don't waste time 'cause time will waste you.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Agent D. Scully, on 19 June 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Made me think somewhat of Marble Hornets. I'm eager to see where they go with it, but honestly, the tone in the background was the only unnerving part about the video.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it just now. If it is like Marble Hornets and Slenderman, I bet it'll be interesting.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.

#41    Art Vandarley

Art Vandarley

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Maybe the plot for Bitterroot is made up.
I haven't seen Suspiria, but someone mentioned his friend "Dario" and I googled around and found out, that there is going to be a Suspiria Remake. Well I don't know if it's interesting enough, because I haven't seen the movie/s, but they're about Witches, am I right?

#42    devilmaycare

devilmaycare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

BS!. The air of age and at the sametime we get a dedicated videographer (yeah OK) who pretends to be in hiding but in fact is so close to the hooded figure at times it is ludicrous. Then at the end of the 5min's we see a head or something in a bag and then the videographer like running away. BS BS and more BS.
Almost as fascinating as watching a film of 'ufos' which is nothing more than little lights on a dark background. WOW-pathetic
Plus the background 'noise' is retarded as if it is supposed to make you feel scared. Should have named it retarded instead of some lame bitterrot BS

Edited by devilmaycare, 30 June 2012 - 02:47 PM.

If you have nothing you would die for, then you also have nothing to live for.

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." G. H. Hardy

#43    ImaLoner

ImaLoner

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Guest, on 29 June 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Maybe the plot for Bitterroot is made up.
I haven't seen Suspiria, but someone mentioned his friend "Dario" and I googled around and found out, that there is going to be a Suspiria Remake. Well I don't know if it's interesting enough, because I haven't seen the movie/s, but they're about Witches, am I right?

I doubt that the imdb listing has anything to do with this bitterroot footage website..  and.. Ohhhh.. A REMAKE????!!!  Are you serious?  Dario Argento is brilliant.  Unless a remake came from Dario himself, I wonder if it could compare to the original.  There are very few remakes which can do justice to an original classic.  and yes.. Suspiria is about witches who run a ballet school.  It's definitely worth it to watch the film at least once.

#44    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Clearly a fake, but quite chilling and entertaining. I believe its just a bunch of film students doing a project and promoting it. If footage like that was actually found, you wouldn't really attempt to make it creepier as the producer has.

#45    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Screams viral marketing.
And yes,Dario Argento gave his blessing to a Suspiria remake ,last year. He had never given rights to any of his movies before this.
His stuff is classic .
The original is a very odd movie,but visually ,and conceptually,its a masterpiece.
Im not sure exactly what they will do with it,that can make a modern audience get it .
People who go to see Alien vs Predator,or some poo spewing Adam Sandler schlock,would not get the original suspiria,at all.

Miss me?

Also tagged with bitterroot, strange, footage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users