Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The $400 LaserSaber for Star Wars fans

star wars laser lightsaber lasersaber

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

How long till someone breaks the tube and sets something on fire?

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#17    kaptn k

kaptn k

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

If only those could have been available in the 70's............my childhood would have been perfect.

#18    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostTaun, on 09 May 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Just curious, but why are green laser pointers illegal... Is it only green and not other colors?..

Too many idiots were shining them at the cockpit of planes about to land. The red ones are legal because they are strong enough, I guess the other colours would be illegal too.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#19    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostDKO, on 09 May 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Too many idiots were shining them at the cockpit of planes about to land. The red ones are legal because they are strong enough, I guess the other colours would be illegal too.

I mean because they aren't strong enough, I cant edit that post for some reason.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#20    lilmcnessy

lilmcnessy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Shut up and take my money!

#21    Wolffheart

Wolffheart

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

hmm i'll be waiting for the realthing :P

#22    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostDKO, on 09 May 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Too many idiots were shining them at the cockpit of planes about to land. The red ones are legal because they aren't strong enough, I guess the other colours would be illegal too.

From wicked lasers webpage

The human eye perceives pure green light 800%, 2,000%, and 19,000% brighter than red, blue, and purple light respectively.

Edited by BaneSilvermoon, 10 May 2012 - 09:41 PM.

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#23    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

You can get the thing in blue so it's perfectly legal in Australia.  Any laser product producing an output of OVER 1000mW (1watt) of output is illegal in the US. In Australia it's 500mW or more(to the public w/o proper permits and protective eyewear), and since lasers that powerful are usually green or blue (and lawmakers aren't laser experts); so they decided to outlaw all green lasers, which is funny because you can get 1watt lasers with red beams and you can get green lasers with a 5mW output, making the standing law pretty pointless.

#24    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

These look great, it would be nice if I had enough money to splash out on a couple of these. For all of those waiting for the real thing your going to have a long wait, anything more powerful than this would not be available to buy, but when the technology becomes so cheap/common that the everyday man could put one together themselves then we could all have our own secret lightsabers.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

Also tagged with star wars, laser, lightsaber, lasersaber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users