Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

US Military's "Total War" Against Islam

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#1    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

America's top military officer has condemned a course taught about Islam at one of America's top military schools as "totally objectionable".

It is not surprising. The story, first broken by Wired, is fairly astonishing, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, must be furious.

The course taught officers there was no such thing as moderate Islam and that they should consider the religion their enemy.

It advocated "total war" against all the world's Muslims, including possible nuclear attacks on the holy cities of Mecca and Medina and the wiping out civilian populations.

source

Hopefully, this is the work of a single, rogue, officer teaching improperly but, as the article states near the end, it is of concern that there must have been many officers taking this course who did not raise it as an issue. Why?

And for how long has this course been taught?

Is it an example of the 'Christianisation' of the US Military?

Edited by Leonardo, 11 May 2012 - 08:01 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#2    Jinx Jack

Jinx Jack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• Every man dies. Not every man really lives - William Wallace

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

I have just read about it before comming here to see if someone posted it, curious to see what our "Non-Muslim" members say?

“Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to waive it out.”

#3    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostJinx Jack, on 11 May 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I have just read about it before comming here to see if someone posted it, curious to see what our "Non-Muslim" members say?

Well, I'm a "non-Muslim member of UM", and I find the situation appalling. As I stated in my OP, I can only hope it is an isolated incident, but the other aspects of the affair are very concerning.

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,086 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

.. let's see how many people come on to remark in a vaguely surprised voice that they don't see anything outrageous in this at all, since it's a well known fact that They want to destroy us because they hate our Freedoms ...

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Leonardo would you martyr yourself for any cause?  Is there a situation that could arise in your life that would be so anathema to your beliefs that you would take any step you had to in response?  This war we are engaged in is an all or nothing contest for "civilization".  As a world we can have something resembling the status quo of rationality, science, compassion and enlightenment or we can slip back in time to an era as brutal and dark as any the world has ever known.  I think that the reason there were officers who took this course without being alarmed is that they simply see the world as it is and don't force every thought through a filter for PC behavior.  These men and women have death as part of their stock in trade daily and they know the value of cold logic in combat situations.  Total war came into it's own in the '40s with airpower and the bomber.  The 50 million souls that were lost were a pin prick to what is coming.  That struggle was like a street brawl compared to the one we are engaged in today.  To think that we are not at war with the politico/religious system of Islam is folly.  Islam isn't about peace.  Islam is about submission.  If you are willing to live dhimmi to a backwards and barbaric culture of rape, murder and genocide then you may survive, but to what purpose?
You fret that the US military may have become "Christianized" and I say you have little reason to worry.  One need not be a Christian to have the ability to assess this enemy of mankind.  All wars in the past have run a familiar course where one side is utterly defeated and capitulates or simply tires of the effort and gives in.... those struggles were about land, wealth or power.  THIS war is about the total submission of all populations of the world to an ideology.  The West will never be willing to annihilate Mecca and Medina.  We have a moral code that ensures our destruction unless we become as barbaric as the Muslim.  But I say to the LtC that taught the course: Good on you!  Thankfully there are some willing to say the truth in the harsh light of reality.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,086 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

^ And every single follower of Islam wants to Martyr themselves? They want to strap Bombs to themselves and kill members of the Civilised nations of the world in evil and perverted ways? Most of the "Plots" that seem to have been Foiled by the vigiliance of those who "protect" us seem to have been manufactured by various elements of the Western intelligence services. If the Islamic Menace is an Evil greater than the world has ever seen before, frankly they seem a pretty feeble Menace.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#7    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Postand then, on 11 May 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Leonardo would you martyr yourself for any cause?

No, but there are things I would give my life for. If you are puzzled about my reply, well that is the difference between being principled and being religious.

We have a moral code that ensures our destruction unless we become as barbaric as the Muslim.

This sentence says everything about what you posted, and then.

If there is a reason for your hatred that lies in some traumatic event, then my sympathies to you and I can only hope you open your eyes before you allow that hatred to consume you.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Post747400, on 11 May 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

^ And every single follower of Islam wants to Martyr themselves? They want to strap Bombs to themselves and kill members of the Civilised nations of the world in evil and perverted ways? Most of the "Plots" that seem to have been Foiled by the vigiliance of those who "protect" us seem to have been manufactured by various elements of the Western intelligence services. If the Islamic Menace is an Evil greater than the world has ever seen before, frankly they seem a pretty feeble Menace.

Then you should feel quite safe and have no need to worry.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 11 May 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

No, but there are things I would give my life for. If you are puzzled about my reply, well that is the difference between being principled and being religious.

This sentence says everything about what you posted, and then.

If there is a reason for your hatred that lies in some traumatic event, then my sympathies to you and I can only hope you open your eyes before you allow that hatred to consume you.
Thank you but I have no need of your sympathies.  It's a grown up world with harsh realities that not everyone is suited to deal with.  I don't hate Muslims.  But before I would live subjugated and dhimmi to such a system I would see Mecca and Medina a radioactive smoking waste.  It's obvious that you live in a world where Islam isn't viewed as a menace.  I hope you get to stay there.

#10    Jinx Jack

Jinx Jack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• Every man dies. Not every man really lives - William Wallace

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postand then, on 11 May 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

and somehow you don't?
and are you living somewhere bombs go off every two days? life is endarngered at ever trun?

View Postand then, on 11 May 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Thank you but I have no need of your sympathies.  It's a grown up world with harsh realities that not everyone is suited to deal with.  I don't hate Muslims.  But before I would live subjugated and dhimmi to such a system I would see Mecca and Medina a radioactive smoking waste.  It's obvious that you live in a world where Islam isn't viewed as a menace.  I hope you get to stay there.

and how much experiecnce you have, Living in Mecca and Madina, and knowing that Muslims spend their every living moment plotting against the west. So much that you would feel safe ater bombing them?

Edited by Jinx Jack, 11 May 2012 - 09:06 AM.

“Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to waive it out.”

#11    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,086 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Postand then, on 11 May 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

From the threat of the Islamic Menace? Yes, or at least, I don't worry that they want to launch a war of apocalypse upon us every minute of the day.
From the Western governments that tell us they're "Protecting" us and destroy many, many more of our liberties and apparently spend most of thei time dreaming up "terror" plots? .... I'm not so sure.

:-/

H. P. Lovecraft.

#12    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,950 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Condemning the Muslim religion makes me sick anyone who agrees with it is a scab on society...

Condemning the Muslim religion makes me sick anyone who agrees with it is a scab on society...

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 11 May 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

I accept your condemnation without malice.  Have you read the Qur'an?  The Hadiths?  Without questioning your faith I would ask you, do you believe that anyone would believe in a god enough to actually kill large numbers without remorse if they did not bend the knee?  Because that is what Islam is about.  If you think me evil and irrational I challenge you to read their words and then judge.  Or keep a closed mind.

#14    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,950 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

View Postand then, on 11 May 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'm the one with a German name yet you sound surprisingly similar to one of its past dictators... think on that for a moment.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

View Post747400, on 11 May 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

From the threat of the Islamic Menace? Yes, or at least, I don't worry that they want to launch a war of apocalypse upon us every minute of the day.
From the Western governments that tell us they're "Protecting" us and destroy many, many more of our liberties and apparently spend most of thei time dreaming up "terror" plots? .... I'm not so sure.

:-/
It's easier to paint me as some sort of paranoid loon that is looking over my shoulder for a Muslim that's coming to kill me at any hour of the day.  The problem is that it just isn't a true depiction.  I am talking ideologies.  People who will read the Qur'an and Hadiths and still tell me that Islam is no threat to the West is either foolish, lying or incapable of logic.  Real dangers exist in the world and just because you live under the protection of others that keep that danger away doesn't mean the danger isn't real.  I challenge anyone who has ever read a single post of mine to justly lump me into the category of some paranoid warmonger.  If they do, it's simply because they disagree and cannot do so civilly.
Edited to say:  That last statement is aimed at a general audience and not specifically at you 747400

Edited by and then, 11 May 2012 - 09:52 AM.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By and then in and then's Blog, on 11 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Leonardo would you martyr yourself for any cause? Is there a situation that could arise in your life that would be so anathema to your beliefs that you would take any step you had to in response? This war we are engaged in is...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users