Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Game Canceled Because Of Girl On Team

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,139 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't get this. Enough women have earned respect in the athletic world that something like this shouldn't happen. A baseball team forfeited a championship baseball game because the other team had a 15yo girl playing 2nd base. I don't know how this could teach boys to respect women and girls. I feel sorry for the boys who didn't get to play their game because of this decision. Baseball is a game of skill where boys and girls are pretty much on an even field.
http://sports.yahoo....01880--mlb.html

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#2    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Wow, another sad and ridiculous story coming from the US. I thought it was coming from another Country, but seriously, from Arizona !? Ridiculous.

Some people are still living in the Stone Age, stories like that always amaze and frustrate me. Not surprisingly the team who forfeited the match represented a school run by traditionalist, conservative priests. Bunch of idiots.

I hope that the little girl will continue to play baseball, and I hope that the Coach of the team who forfeited the match will lose his job and that he will be banned from coaching.

#3    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

This would be a perfect time for a kitchen joke but I'm  not that mean.... today.

#4    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,740 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

That was a really assinine decision. The only thing that should matter is whether or not she wanted to play, which she obviously did. The coach responsible for this decision needs to be 'canned'.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#5    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,139 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Thanks guys.
I could understand if they were playing football or wrestling, a sport that requires physical strength as well as size. Some girls do play these sports, even on a college level they have, but if she chooses to do that then she must also take the consequences. The boys should not have to back off their game to accommodate her because she is female. You play by the same rules. However, baseball and basketball are both games that require skill primarily and both are able to play just as well without a lot of threat of injury from contact. Sports injuries are another matter and can occur in girl's softball and basketball as well as in unisex competition. There are a lot of good female athletes out there who have earned respect from all countries and I just couldn't see why this girl would cause such a ruckus on this baseball team. If they're playing a championship game, she must be good enough to have held her own.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#6    skylight1

skylight1

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

People suck, this is a prime example.

UFO =/= ALIEN SPACECRAFT
( It would be nice if people knew the difference but sadly most people don't )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users