Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Clowns can aid pregnancy?

clowns

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,320 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

A Montreal hospital is sending in the clowns to see if they can help women conceive.

Two professionally trained, university accredited medical clowns from Israel will present a conference at the McGill University Health Centre's reproductive centre Thursday morning about the link between clowning and fertility rates, then mingle with willing patients in the waiting room. Medical clowns are common in Israel and present in most hospitals, in the belief laughter can help heal and alleviate stress.

"With big red noses and a comedic disposition, clowns Jerome Arous and Nimrod Eisenberg will be making hopeful future parents smile and laugh with the goal of improving the chances their embryonic transfers will take," the centre said in a statement.

http://www.timescolo...1010/story.html

Posted Image

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,282 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I didn't know that being creeped out could help you conceive.  On the other hand most of the creepy people I know also have children.  Wish they had included some pictures.

I can just imagine submitting this bill to your insurance company telling them you've already paid your deductible this year so they owe 85% for the clown.

Edited by OverSword, 11 May 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,314 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

"A Montreal hospital is sending in the clowns to see if they can help women conceive."

I'm rather surprized that the husbands aren't objecting to this? :unsure2:  Oops...guess they meant "help" in a differing sense.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,473 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

I sincerely hope these clowns don't own an ambulance.

Doors falling off and tyres exploding would be stressful for expectant mothers being taken to the labour ward, imo.

Edited by Eldorado, 12 May 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#5    TheBanana

TheBanana

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• please dont eat me!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

i thought it would work the other way round-the clowns would scare pregnant women into giving birth

*~Kay, Banana Queen and admin of TheMostHauntedForum.com~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users