Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clowns can aid pregnancy?

Still Waters

A Montreal hospital is sending in the clowns to see if they can help women conceive.

Two professionally trained, university accredited medical clowns from Israel will present a conference at the McGill University Health Centre's reproductive centre Thursday morning about the link between clowning and fertility rates, then mingle with willing patients in the waiting room. Medical clowns are common in Israel and present in most hospitals, in the belief laughter can help heal and alleviate stress.

"With big red noses and a comedic disposition, clowns Jerome Arous and Nimrod Eisenberg will be making hopeful future parents smile and laugh with the goal of improving the chances their embryonic transfers will take," the centre said in a statement.

http://www.timescolo...1010/story.html

I didn't know that being creeped out could help you conceive. On the other hand most of the creepy people I know also have children. Wish they had included some pictures.

I can just imagine submitting this bill to your insurance company telling them you've already paid your deductible this year so they owe 85% for the clown.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

"A Montreal hospital is sending in the clowns to see if they can help women conceive."

I'm rather surprized that the husbands aren't objecting to this? :unsure2: Oops...guess they meant "help" in a differing sense.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope these clowns don't own an ambulance.

Doors falling off and tyres exploding would be stressful for expectant mothers being taken to the labour ward, imo.

Edited by Eldorado

i thought it would work the other way round-the clowns would scare pregnant women into giving birth

• Like 1