Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

[Merged] Did we land on the moon?

nasa apollo hoax

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2593 replies to this topic

#46    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

View Postturbonium, on 18 May 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Tell me, why have you posted my quote, since you just ignored it ?  ,

Why did you just quote my post and ignore it???

As for evidence - well, I'm still waiting for you on that.

Ah. You're waiting for me to supply evidence that supports your assertion! Strange, I was under the impression that someone shouting "Fake! They couldn't bend their knees that much in a pressurised suit!" would actually have their own evidence supporting the claim!

You want me to provide evidence that supports your claim?

Couldn't find any. Sorry.

I did find this interesting photo of a pressurised spacesuit that isn't even designed for EVA use though.

Posted Image

Wow, look at those knees bend! And for TWO HOURS!!! How DID those Apollo suits manage similar bends, if only for a few seconds? I'm struggling with this one, but I'm sure you'll have an answer that explains it fully. Perhaps the Russians are in on the great "Apollo knee bend" scam? Perhaps there is no such thing as a constant volume joint? Perhaps all the engineers at ILC were also a part of the hoax?

I suspect no-one really cares any more Turbs. You were given ample opportunity and encouragement to take the intellectually honest route (either providing evidence, or withdrawing the claim), and chose to do neither. Actions speak louder than words. Hey ho.

#47    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,229 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Found this interesting picture today...

Posted Image

Not sure which suit that is, but that knee angle on the left certainly looks a lot more than 90 degrees....

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#48    Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

The British tracked the moon missions from earth using radio. The Russians did too. If the moon landings were faked the Russians would have been providing proof of the faked moon landings within minutes of "one small step...". The Russians would have loved to show the world how capitalism is nothing but a hoax.

#49    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,853 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostSparhawk, on 19 May 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

The British tracked the moon missions from earth using radio. The Russians did too. If the moon landings were faked the Russians would have been providing proof of the faked moon landings within minutes of "one small step...". The Russians would have loved to show the world how capitalism is nothing but a hoax.

That is EXACTLY what would have happened. The Soviet Union would have been overjoyed at exposing a U.S. moon hoax to the world, but instead, our enemy confirmed that the United States sent men to the moon.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#50    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,342 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostMID, on 18 May 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

TURB SPEAKS TO MAKING FAULTY LEAPS IN LOGIC?

That's somewhat like feeling  "sorry for people who believe in illusions" (which he actually said in a recent post... :w00t:)

He defines Turbologic, save one thing:

Faultythinking  it is, but logic plays little or no real part in it.

He's demonstrated a recent penchant for introducing comic leaps for us to consider.

Doesn't deserve too much further comment-- :td:

I was wondering how long it would take before the new moon hoax thread took a dive into the gutter.

Look, MID - if you can't act like a mature adult, and discuss the actual issues, then please respect the forum, and the forum rules, and don't even post on this thread. Fair enough?

#51    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,342 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

View Postpostbaguk, on 19 May 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Why did you just quote my post and ignore it???

No, I addressed it, and you've even replied to it in the next section below!

But you still haven't addressed my point, which you quoted in your post, Nor have you explained to me the reason you put it in your post. No reason?

Ah. You're waiting for me to supply evidence that supports your assertion! Strange, I was under the impression that someone shouting "Fake! They couldn't bend their knees that much in a pressurised suit!" would actually have their own evidence supporting the claim!

No, I'm waiting for you to show me any valid, relevant evidence on this issue, since there is currently none whatsoever. It is you, the Apollo supporter, who claims there is a virtual mountain of evidence to support Apollo. So where is it? It's not up to me to provide your own documentation. That is clearly your responsibility. What we've seen so far only supports my argument, not yours.

I did find this interesting photo of a pressurised spacesuit that isn't even designed for EVA use though.

Posted Image

Wow, look at those knees bend! And for TWO HOURS!!! How DID those Apollo suits manage similar bends, if only for a few seconds? I'm struggling with this one, but I'm sure you'll have an answer that explains it fully. Perhaps the Russians are in on the great "Apollo knee bend" scam? Perhaps there is no such thing as a constant volume joint? Perhaps all the engineers at ILC were also a part of the hoax?

First of all, how about providing sources for your photos, if you intend to support your argument with them....then I'll add my comments.

#52    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

No, I addressed it, and you've even replied to it in the next section below!

But you still haven't addressed my point, which you quoted in your post, Nor have you explained to me the reason you put it in your post. No reason?

Wow, this is getting REALLY tiresome. I'm asking you to provide evidence supporting your assertion. All this tap-dancing around the issue proves one thing: you don't have any. If you did, you'd have presented it weeks ago. You're simply trying to bog the discussion down in a mire of obfuscation, red herrings, goal-post shifting and burden-of-proof avoidance.

Which is why I cut to the chase in my earlier post, so that we could rationally and objectively examine your evidence. Well, where is it? I keep asking, and you keep avoiding.

Why? Is it because you have no evidence? If so, just admit it. Is it because the evidence is very poor and doesn't stand up to scrutiny? Nothing you've presented on this issue has so far. All you have is a tenuous argument where you conflate "knee flexion" with overall suit mobility. Apart from that, tumbleweed.

No, I'm waiting for you to show me any valid, relevant evidence on this issue, since there is currently none whatsoever.

You are the one making the ourageous claim! So, fess up your supporting evidence or proof. I'm assuming it's pretty unimpeachable, as it has you so convinced that you're correct despite the tsunami of evidence that suggests otherwise?

(Oh, I think it's a bit rich suggesting that a pre-Apollo document showing a measured knee flexion-extension of 145 degrees for the prototype Apollo suit is not evidence, when you can't supply any evidence to support your claim!)

It is you, the Apollo supporter, who claims there is a virtual mountain of evidence to support Apollo. So where is it? It's not up to me to provide your own documentation. That is clearly your responsibility. What we've seen so far only supports my argument, not yours.

Already provided documentation. Not that the burden of proof lies with me anyway. Oh, the data in the document does NOT support your argument! 145 degree knee flexion-extension. Think about it.

First of all, how about providing sources for your photos, if you intend to support your argument with them....then I'll add my comments.

I'm not using those pictures of the Sokol suit to support my argument. I posted them weeks ago to help you realise you were up against a nut flush. You dismissed it as irrelevant. Yep, a photograph of a pressurised, non-EVA suit, showing a large degree of knee flexion. Thought it might get you thinking. It didn't.

All of this is just froth and bubble around the main point. The point that you keep avoiding. Your evidence please. Can you present it now, if you have any? If not just say so.

#53    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,144 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

View Postturbonium, on 19 May 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Look, MID - if you can't act like a mature adult, and discuss the actual issues, then please respect the forum, and the forum rules, and don't even post on this thread. Fair enough?
The last time I checked turbonium you were not a moderator. I suggest that until you are you stop trying to act like one, take your own advice and follow the forum rules:

5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

YOU do not get to say who can and who can't post in a topic. Fair enough?

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#54    ships-cat

ships-cat

Alien Abducter

• 5,122 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 15 May 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

As promised, here is a list of previous "Apollo hoax" topics. I can't guarantee that it is complete, but it is as comprehensive as possible. Please note that this list is not in chronological order. The list was originally grouped firstly by whether the topic was closed or still open and then by which forum the topic was in. I have also included so threads I missed in my original list, plus some that started after I made it.

I have not included those threads, which whilst about lunar discoveries, are not about the conspiracy theory. I have also not included those threads from the UFO forum which claim that NASA are covering up ET discoveries/contact during Apollo.

If anyone finds a topic I have missed please feel free to PM with the link and I will edit this post to include it.

Also feel free to contact me if you find a broken link. I believe I have tested them all, but with so many I may have missed one or two.

Hmmm... Cat is suspicious.

Did we REALLY launch all 40 of those threads, or is this just a gigantic hoax to attract attention to the Forum ?

I mean... look at the background in the quoted article above. It is a lighter shade than the normal forum background. CLEARLY this has been subject to photomanipulation.

And can it be co-incidence that "waspie dwarf moderation" is an anagram of "Sir, I warped (a) few moon data" ??

The truth must out !

meow purr :)

A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

#55    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postships-cat, on 19 May 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Hmmm... Cat is suspicious.

Did we REALLY launch all 40 of those threads, or is this just a gigantic hoax to attract attention to the Forum ?

I mean... look at the background in the quoted article above. It is a lighter shade than the normal forum background. CLEARLY this has been subject to photomanipulation.

And can it be co-incidence that "waspie dwarf moderation" is an anagram of "Sir, I warped (a) few moon data" ??

The truth must out !

meow purr :)
:lol:

Gotta love creativity!  :D

#56    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

I find it interesting that all of these conspriacy threads devolve into multi-page arguments about little pieces of minutia.  Of the hundreds of arguments that the hoaxers have put forth over the decades, we're now having a debate about a knee joint.  The same thing goes on in the 9/11 threads.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#57    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

You've got me convinced! ;)

#58    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Not sure if this video has been posted before. Check out the knee bend in the pressurised suit at 5:59.

#59    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postturbonium, on 19 May 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

I was wondering how long it would take before the new moon hoax thread took a dive into the gutter.

I see you've been told about this stuff, but, in response:

How about putting forth an actual issue?
The suits?  No.  It's been long established that you're absolutely incorrect about the suits, and your "argument" about them is meritless, and doesn't get to the real issue here, which I've mentiooned and discussed repeatedly, and always to no avail;

Your proof that Apollo was faked again was??? :td:

That's the only actual issue on this thread.
And I've discussed it, not only now, but many times in the past

You ignore that.  i certainly understand why.
You have no proof, and you know that I cannot be swayed by nonsensical "arguments".  :tu:

#60    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Postpostbaguk, on 19 May 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Not sure if this video has been posted before. Check out the knee bend in the pressurised suit at 5:59.

Don't know if it has been, Posty, but it pretty much settles the argument, I should think (???).
You wonder how long arguing against the obvious design and manucturing excellence of this very functional, million dollar suit, can actually go on.
As you can see, I've ben pressing Turb for the real issue, which he avoids.  
But this film puts the suit argument to rest...

...we can only hope! :tsu: