Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Planet X / Nibiru Found?

planet x / nibiru

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,936 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

I predict that this new "nearly discovery" will by its gravitational force,drag our moon off into space on the 1st July.......Well guys I have to make a name for myself somehow....But seriously why are these nutters given room to publish such Moo Poo...

#17    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

I don't get it, did he just reference the movie "2012" as source material ? :unsure2: Its at times like this that make me believe in intelligent life somewhere else in the universe because it is certainly lacking down here.

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,845 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostHawkLord, on 16 May 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

I don't get it, did he just reference the movie "2012" as source material ? :unsure2: Its at times like this that make me believe in intelligent life somewhere else in the universe because it is certainly lacking down here.
He also tied a JP Morgan exec to Niburu, lol. Just connecting the dots he says.

#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,666 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I thought I had read that many astronomers and astrophysicists agreed there could be a large planet in the Oort region, but it would be out past 300 AUs, or roughly ten times as far out as Pluto. So our chances of seeing it in a telescope are very close to zero.

I agree that most of these youtube stories are pure fiction. Sitchen was a sci-fi writer as far as I am concerned.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostGrey14, on 16 May 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

"The dots are starting to connect are they not?"

Errrr............No.

I always love these people that promote the Planet X BS. I mean we have the means to detect planets, black holes, and any number of other space objects billions of light years away yet we can't see this stealthy sneaky planet that is supposed to be in our own solar system. Get real. there is more of a chance that a full grown monkey dressed as jesus singing "o sole mio" would jump out of my **** and tap dance his way from coast to coast than a rogue planet that we can't see flying into our solar system and destroying the earth.

We detect those far objects by using light. A planet that far wouldn't be detectable with a visual telescope. However, I think we should be able to tell by the Sun's wobble, if I'm correct. There's no big planet with life, other then us in this solar system (I would dare say it's impossible without it being closer to the Sun (our planet's energy source). Anything that far would be icy/rocky and might as well be considered a large planetoid. So, there's no doubt in my mind that there are a couple big rocks out there, even half the size of Earth.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#21    mesuma

mesuma

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

who cares about the planet.  where's the monkey?

#22    Socio

Socio

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostGrey14, on 16 May 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

"The dots are starting to connect are they not?"

Errrr............No.

I always love these people that promote the Planet X BS. I mean we have the means to detect planets, black holes, and any number of other space objects billions of light years away yet we can't see this stealthy sneaky planet that is supposed to be in our own solar system. Get real. there is more of a chance that a full grown monkey dressed as jesus singing "o sole mio" would jump out of my **** and tap dance his way from coast to coast than a rogue planet that we can't see flying into our solar system and destroying the earth.

I can think of one reason it may exist;

Hypothetically speaking if we are being watched/studied/monitored by extraterrestrials what better base of operation could there be for them than a "stealthy sneaky planet" in our own solar system that we are not supposed to see.

If there is a Planet X perhaps we ought not find it!

Edited by Socio, 17 May 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#23    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,701 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Sitchin's Planet X is meant to come into the inner solar system every 3600 years or something. Such a planet is pure fantasy.

#24    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Let me clarify, I am not saying that there are not things in the universe we do not know and I am sure there are many dwarf planets beyond pluto. However if Planet X as the "nutballs" describe did exist on our solar system we would know. We would see it's gravitational effects however small on the other planets in our solar system if it was on a path to collide with our planet.

And just so you all know if the monkey does appear I have decided to name it JoJo unless someone has a better suggestion.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#25    TheWord

TheWord

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Why do so many of the skeptics and nay-sayers of Sitchin/Planet-X/Nibiru have to reort to name calling to make their point??  Just show us your facts and explanations and let that do the talking... Sitchin was a linguist and wrote 6+ books on his theory...the retort "he's a nut job" or "pure fantasy" doesn't lend to the overall knowledge growth of the masses....

#26    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,371 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostTheWord, on 17 May 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Why do so many of the skeptics and nay-sayers of Sitchin/Planet-X/Nibiru have to reort to name calling to make their point??  Just show us your facts and explanations and let that do the talking... Sitchin was a linguist and wrote 6+ books on his theory...the retort "he's a nut job" or "pure fantasy" doesn't lend to the overall knowledge growth of the masses....

Sitchin Is Wrong  You can start here.

Background of Dr. Hiser.

Mike Heiser earned an M.A. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004) in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  His dissertation was entitled, "The Divine Council in Late Canonical and Non-Canonical Second Temple Jewish Literature" (English translation: the dissertation dealt with the presence of a pantheon in the Hebrew Bible and the binitarian nature of ancient Israelite religion and Judaism, a backdrop for the the belief in the deity of Christ in the New Testament).  Before going to the UW-Madison, Mike also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (1992; major fields, Ancient Syria-Palestine and Egyptology).  Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Moabite, and Ugaritic cuneiform.  He has also studied Akkadian and Sumerian independently.

Mike has taught over two dozen courses over the span of 15 years of undergraduate teaching. He is currently the Academic Editor at Logos Bible Software in Bellingham, WA. In 2007 the Pacific Northwest region of the Society of Biblical Literature awarded Mike its Regional Scholar award. You can learn more about Dr. Heiser by visiting his homepage or viewing hisresume/CV.

Background of Mr. Sitchin-

Sitchin was born in the then Azerbaijan SSR of the Soviet Union, but was raised in Palestine. He received a degree in economics from the University of London, and was an editor and journalist in Israel, before moving to New York in 1952. While working as an executive for a shipping company, he taught himself Sumerian cuneiform and visited several archaeological sites.[3][4]

I'll go with the expert.

Nibs

*edit to fix crazy fonts

Edited by HerNibs, 17 May 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#27    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,784 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostTheWord, on 17 May 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Not with any verifiable training in Sumerian he wasn't, which is the problem. At no point (when he was alive) did he ever show any expertise in reading or translating Sumerian, even when asked for a demonstration of said ability. And it is already known, from Sumerian texts themselves, that Nibiru was the name of a city in Mesopotamia (Nippur) and NOT that of a planet.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#28    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

To be fair, it's hard to really rule out the possibility of any celestial objects outside of our visible range. Our current methods of finding these objects mean we can look right at them, numerous times, and never see them. Many of the planets we've discovered have been made official only because someone spent years.... years..... studying a spot where we observed a possible gravitational disturbance on some other object. Pretty much any spot in space outside of our visible range could have a large object that orbits through that location which we have failed to spot. There are likely millions of planets that we have looked right at the orbit of and have not yet identified.

That said, of course the closer you get to home the more likely we are to have discovered something already simply because odds are, the further out you go the less time we've spent looking there. But that said, we can't really rule out other large planets being within the solar system as we can not see the entire thing through normal means, and we don't have the manpower to dedicate to perfectly mapping it all out.

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#29    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

i read the Sitchin is wrong site. ok cool. but isnt there any evidence at all anywhere for alien visitation? there must be something, an oopart even...

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#30    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that a planet maybe hidden within the atmosphere of one of the gas giants. The great red spot on Jupiter may be the remnant of one such planet or large moon. The red colour maybe the result of the planet slowly oxidizing  in the tremendous heat and chemical assault under-which it is subject! Even more radical is the idea that the gas giants give birth to the rocky planets! The huge mass of these failed stars draws in trillions of tons of space debris every day. Perhaps when this debris coalesces and gains enough mass and momentum it is shot out as a new comet, moon or planet ? Ever wonder why the gas giants have so many moons?

Edited by Erudite Celt, 18 May 2012 - 01:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users