Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Planet X / Nibiru Found?

planet x / nibiru

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 May 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

If it wasn't a genuine mass extinction then there really is no reason to bring it up as such. That was, after all, your theory. Right?

cormac
All but a small few percent of reptiles disappeared from the face of the earth. Only the smallest of the mammals survived. The terrestrial earth that previous to the event  was 80% forested became 5-15% forested. Mass extinction as you well know can mean many things. But if another Chicxulub were to hit earth tomorrow I think most people would [those that had survived]  say that the world had ended, that the world had just undergone a mass extinction event. But in a literal sense mass extinction would mean that not even single nanobacteria would survive. But no...my main point was to float the idea that the solar system maybe  visited every 200-250 million years by a full on barrage of space debris, I simply used periodical mass extinction events on earth to support the idea!

#62    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostErudite Celt, on 21 May 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

All but a small few percent of reptiles disappeared from the face of the earth. Only the smallest of the mammals survived. The terrestrial earth that previous to the event  was 80% forested became 5-15% forested. Mass extinction as you well know can mean many things. But if another Chicxulub were to hit earth tomorrow I think most people would [those that had survived]  say that the world had ended, that the world had just undergone a mass extinction event. But in a literal sense mass extinction would mean that not even single nanobacteria would survive. But no...my main point was to float the idea that the solar system maybe  visited every 200-250 million years by a full on barrage of space debris, I simply used periodical mass extinction events on earth to support the idea!

Only 35% of animal species have to die to call it a mass extinction.

The five largest mass extinctions in Earth's history occurred during:
The late Ordovician period (about 438 million years ago) - 100 families extinct - more than half of the bryozoan and brachiopod species extinct.
The late Devonian (about 360 mya) - 30% of animal families extinct.
At the end of the Permian period (about 245 mya) - Trilobites go extinct. 50% of all animal families, 95% of all marine species, and many trees die out.
The late Triassic (208 mya) - 35% of all animal families die out. Most early dinosaur families went extinct, and most synapsids died out (except for the mammals).
At the Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T) boundary (about 65 mya) - about half of all life forms died out, including the dinosaurs , pterosaurs, plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, ammonites, many families of fishes, clams, snails, sponges, sea urchins, and many others.

Not all these events match up with meteor Impacts and your 200-250 million year timing is wrong..

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#63    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 21 May 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Only 35% of animal species have to die to call it a mass extinction.

The five largest mass extinctions in Earth's history occurred during:
The late Ordovician period (about 438 million years ago) - 100 families extinct - more than half of the bryozoan and brachiopod species extinct.
The late Devonian (about 360 mya) - 30% of animal families extinct.
At the end of the Permian period (about 245 mya) - Trilobites go extinct. 50% of all animal families, 95% of all marine species, and many trees die out.
The late Triassic (208 mya) - 35% of all animal families die out. Most early dinosaur families went extinct, and most synapsids died out (except for the mammals).
At the Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T) boundary (about 65 mya) - about half of all life forms died out, including the dinosaurs , pterosaurs, plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, ammonites, many families of fishes, clams, snails, sponges, sea urchins, and many others.

Not all these events match up with meteor Impacts and your 200-250 million year timing is wrong..

So we have around 48 million, 115 million, 37 million and 143 million years between each. Yep, definitely not 200 - 250 million years.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#64    Lightingbird

Lightingbird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• Step Aside or Die

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

I have had this discussion with a few people and despite all of the possibly, I just don't see a planet hurling through our solar system on a collision with earth.  Then on top of that, no one has seen it? Didn't this whole theory come from a book or something?

#65    Kratology

Kratology

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• No rest for the wicked.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

It's a space station

#66    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Dont you just love it when the some Planet X slingers start talking about Remote Viewing when we ask for evidence of their claims. :clap:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#67    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,905 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostErudite Celt, on 21 May 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

The fact is that these 200 million year old cycles arrive with the precision of a Swiss watch which implies a 200-250 million year orbit!
Where are you getting your information from?

1) If there is a 50 million uncertainty (200-250 million years) in the cycles you are proposing, then that's a 20% margin of error. You have a very odd idea of how accurate Swiss watches are if they can be fast or slow by 20%, imagine a watch that when you wound it, could be 5 hours off 24 hours later.  Swiss precision? I don't think so.
2) Can you list the events that you are talking about that have happened with the precision of a Swiss watch?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users