Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Poltergeist Film curse

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

The filming of the exorcist was plagued with bad luck,but all the stars of the film are still alive.
I always wondered why some fool hasn't jumped on the remake wagon with that one,and I've heard its because the curse is still feared ?
No idea.
Allegedly Rebel Without A Cause was cursed ,and i want to say the movie where that actor died filming a scene with a helicopter...creepshow I think ?

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 19 July 2012 - 03:38 AM.

Miss me?

#17    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

These movies used to creep me out when i was a kid especially the demented reverend Kane. He reminds me of that Phelps guy from the westboro baptist church. Yeah but just like the people above i don't believe there was any curse.

#18    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 July 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

The filming of the exorcist was plagued with bad luck,but all the stars of the film are still alive.
I always wondered why some fool hasn't jumped on the remake wagon with that one,and I've heard its because the curse is still feared ?
No idea.
Allegedly Rebel Without A Cause was cursed ,and i want to say the movie where that actor died filming a scene with a helicopter...creepshow I think ?

I believe it was twilight zone the movie 2 kids got killed too. Also Brandon lee got killed on the set of the crow.

#19    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

I don't think there is a curse, obviously Steven Spielberg wasn't affected, he was shooting "E.T." at the time this was made. Craig T. Nelson went on to have a hit tv series, remember "Coach"?

Also I did a Google Image search for Super Bowl posters by year and I didn't see one like in the picture, but none of the ones I saw are in a light-hearted kids style like in the film. They are more like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,212 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Um, superbowl XXII was Jan 31. Heather was not sent to the hospital that day. She went to the hospital Feb. 1st, and died in the afternoon of the 1st. And it wasn't oddly sudden, Heather had begun struggling with health issues in the spring of 1987.

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yes,the twlight zone. Sad story .And The Crow wasn't deemed cursed,but the males of the Lee family were.
It's been speculated that Brandon was murdered,as he had decided to reopen his fathers death investigation.
Bruce Lee was murdered,and the family knew it. Robert Lee,Bruces brother,has stated,he knows his brother was murdered,but to push to reinvestigate,would assure his death as well.
Brandons death was such a fluke,no one has ever died that way on set,ever before. It was a set up ,is the gist of it.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 19 July 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Miss me?

#22    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Postmrmorgan, on 18 July 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

There was a few things that have supposed to have been cursed.

the exorcist ir prob the nost famous and also the incredable hulk tv series.

that poster situation is pure freaky!

I knew about the others, but didn't know the Hulk was supposed to be cursed

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#23    mrmorgan

mrmorgan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostxROCKIEx, on 19 July 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

I knew about the others, but didn't know the Hulk was supposed to be cursed

Ya I remember reading somewhere the Cast had terrable luck

#24    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Anyone heard about the curse of Mickey Mouse?

Walt Disney invented Mickey Mouse, and now he's DEAD!

Posted Image

#25    drpaxton

drpaxton

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

View Postbigsir, on 16 May 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Hello all! Let me say first I have been following this forum for years, and would like to say thanks for all the dedication put in.

I felt compelled to post this info here in hopes to solving a bizarre query about the motion picture Poltergeist (1982).

I'm sure many of you have heard of (forgive me if you have not)the speculated "Poltergeist Movie Curse", because several cast members have passed during the filming of the three films.

There is a very bizarre factor about the first Poltergeist film that has gone overlooked, IMO. There is only one other mention of this online(that I can find), and given the films history and controversy, I am surprised it is not well known: Hanging on the wall in the children's bedroom during the film is a poster for 1988 Superbowl XXII. The movie was filmed in 1981, released in 1982. The date of the 1988 Superbowl XXII was the date that Heather O'Rourke (Carolanne) was sent to the hospital and died hours after.

I have the film on blueray, and it is clear its 1988 Superbowl XXII, not 1983. I would love to blow the lid off this thing!

I'll add that Super Bowl 22 was held in San Diego, the birthplace and lifelong home of Heather O'Rourke.

Strange

#26    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

Above and beyond the so-called curse is the fact that somehow the film was supposed to take place in the future. What's up with that...why would they do that when it clearly has no basis in the film?  That to me is more weird.  There is no mention (outside of the poster being pointed out) that they weren't in the year that the movie was shot.  Why would any director do that?  It seems odd.  It wouldn't be odd, if something else were incorporated into the movie giving reason to take place in the future.  so what's up with that.

My sons and I were just watching I Am Legend the other day which was shot in 2007 and is supposed to take place in the future.  So at one point Will Smith is watching old TV news broadcasts of when the outbreak of the virus happens and they mention September 5th, 2012....my sons and I look at each other and say hey, that's this coming september...cool!!!   anyhow, when there's a point to make of being in the future, I get it....but in Poltergeist, why?  just curious....anyone know??  There is no point in the movie to elude to some future time, its a paranormal movie.

#27    drpaxton

drpaxton

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

View Postrashore, on 19 July 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Um, superbowl XXII was Jan 31. Heather was not sent to the hospital that day. She went to the hospital Feb. 1st, and died in the afternoon of the 1st. And it wasn't oddly sudden, Heather had begun struggling with health issues in the spring of 1987.

She fell ill with the stabbing stomache pains on the 31st, same day as the Super Bowl in the poster. It was those pains that eventually led her to the hospital a few hours later. From her bio:

"O'Rourke became ill in early 1987 and was misdiagnosed by Kaiser Permanente Hospital as having Crohn's disease. She was prescribed medicine to treat the disease, which allegedly "puffed up [her] cheeks." On January 31, 1988, O'Rourke suddenly became ill again, vomiting and unable to keep anything down. The next morning she collapsed while preparing to leave for the hospital and her stepfather called paramedics."

Edited by drpaxton, 21 July 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#28    astravaga

astravaga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

I would really like to see more proof that this is really a 1988 super bowl poster.. Can anyone show real proof besides a blurry picture or video.. Thanks

#29    Lexie060812

Lexie060812

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I think it's all a coincidence. The kid had a poster up, Heather died the day after it, both in San Diego - pure coincidence.
I'm pretty certain she wasn't the only person to pass away around that time, nobody could possibly have foreseen it, and even if anybody did have an inkling that she was that seriously ill that this would happen it would have been pretty sick to "predict" her demise in this way, she was only a little girl, only 12.

It certainly wasn't a sudden death though, yes the end may have been sudden as she died from sceptic shock and cardiac arrest which do indeed happen suddenly, but she had been ill for over a year and been misdiagnosed by Kaiser.

If that hadn't happened and her illness had been caught sooner she would still be with us today.

It was a narrowing of the small intestine I believe, a congenital defect, meaning it was there from birth and was simply a ticking timebomb that wasn't caught in time.

A tragic loss but certainly not caused by any type of "curse"

Posted Image
<3 Alisha <3 Charlotte <3 Joel <3 Aiden <3
My Step-Daughter
My 3 Children
My World.

#30    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

I love this movie and this curse sounds scary !

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users