Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Dogs helped man out-compete with Neanderthals

neanderthals dogs

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,063 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postceanes, on 22 May 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Here an example of hyenas domesticated http://www.hemmy.net...2/03/hyena-pet/

But.....a hyena is not a dog, closer relation to a cat actually......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,765 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Aye.. hyenas helping you hunt always ends up with everyone rolling about laughing.

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,633 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

I always thought the Neanderthals died out due to poor fertility. Experts say they had few children and barely managed to get to 50,000 individuals after that 250,000 years. Modern humans just out-procreated them, in my opinion. Probably shorter generations, with more children per female.

Dogs probably didn't hurt either. They could help in lots of ways, as was already mentioned.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,293 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostSakari, on 18 May 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

I prefer " the relationship dogs have with us "......

They have un conditional love, we do not.....They make the relationship what it is, we do not.

Posted Image

Ohh I do not know, I have come home many times to a happy puppy that has just torn open a garbage bag and had a feast on my bed. Or put my socks on to keep my feet warm on a cold morning only to walk into my home office and straight into a cold puddle of pee or near slip on a poo.

I still pick her up and give her a cuddle, I just cannot get mad at her. My love for our puppy is pretty unconditional I think.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

Also tagged with neanderthals, dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users