Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5743 replies to this topic

#2971    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Se vmbifattath thju skêdnise fon vs êle folk, âk fon vsa êthlum.
De omfatter historia til vårt hele folk og til våre ætlinger (Norwegian).
De omfatter historia til hele vårt folk og til våre ætlinger (better language).

Se vmbifattath thju skêdnise fon vs êle folk, âk fon vsa êthlum.
Ze omvatten die (ge)schiedenis van ons hele volk, ook van onze ouderen.

And so on.

I do not have to change the word order in Dutch at all to make it look 'better' Dutch.

#2972    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 March 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

I do not have to change the word order in Dutch at all to make it look 'better' Dutch.

Yes many examples of this can be given. Same for German and Scandinavian languages.

But there are also enough fragments for which it is not at all that easy.

Posted Image "Saved from the Flood" ~ Oera-Linda studies ~ http://fryskednis.blogspot.com

#2973    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostSSilhouette, on 19 March 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

The name in german "auf deustch" for Wednesday ist "Wodenstag".  I believe that was named after Wodin?  "Woden's day".

What happened in German with the name of this weekday offers a good example of how the priesthood has tried to change our language and wipe out older traditions.

From the German wiki:

Der Name [Mittwoch] ist seit dem 10. Jahrhundert [...] belegt bzw. in Gebrauch [...] Mit ihm vermied die christliche Missionierung im deutschen Sprachraum den Anklang an vorchristliche Gottheiten, die in der fremdsprachigen Terminologie erhalten blieben

Translated:

The name [Mittwoch = midweek] is in use since the 10th century. With this name, the christian missionaries avoided memory of pre-christian deities in the German speaking lands, that remained in foreign terminology.

Various names for wednesday and what they are named after.

Woden
wednesday - english
wodnesdæg = woden-his-dæg - old-english
woensdag - dutch
woenesdag - westfrisian
woonsdag - nethersaxon
wunsdag - netherdutch (-german)
woansdei - frisian

Odin
Óðinsdagr - old-norsk
onsdag - danish, swedish, norwegian

Oth (the fire or sun)
ოთხშაბათი (othshabati) - georgian

Mercurius
dies mercurii - latin
mercoledì - italian
mercredi - french
miércoles - spanish
dydd mercher - welsh
dimecres - catalan
miercuri - rumanian

Budha
budhavãra - indian (Budh is also planet mercury)

Edited by gestur, 20 March 2013 - 11:23 AM.

Posted Image "Saved from the Flood" ~ Oera-Linda studies ~ http://fryskednis.blogspot.com

#2974    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

The Christians may have destroyed much of our culture and so on, but they were not capable to destroy all of the Aztec and Mayan cultures, though they have done their best at it.

They started much later, in a time where there was already more awareness of the value of ancient cultures. Besides, they could no longer incorporate what they found into their cult, as they had done with much of the ancient European culture.

A culture that was supposed to be all over Europe only left ONE trace: a manuscript in a village in the Netherlands.

It left many more traces, but people who don't look for it don't see it, simply because it doesn't fit into their belief system. They ignore it.

And/or - as you yourself do - they say that those traces were sources on which the OLB is based (for example the Frisian and Greek 'mythology').

#2975    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

The verb "to be" is in Dutch "zijn" and in German "sein".

Exactly the same meaning and pronounced almost the same.
In fact, within Germany and the Netherlands/ Flanders there are many varieties of pronouncing.

So why is the spelling different?

From reading alone, one would think that the languages are more different, than that they actually are.

Spelling (of the national language) is a political tool to divide peoples and create fake national identities.

Same for modern Frisian (Frysk): spelling is chosen as to differ as much as possible from Dutch.

Edited by gestur, 20 March 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#2976    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postgestur, on 20 March 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

They started much later, in a time where there was already more awareness of the value of ancient cultures. Besides, they could no longer incorporate what they found into their cult, as they had done with much of the ancient European culture.

It left many more traces, but people who don't look for it don't see it, simply because it doesn't fit into their belief system. They ignore it.

And/or - as you yourself do - they say that those traces were sources on which the OLB is based (for example the Frisian and Greek 'mythology').

Nonsense: archeologists here dig up much that's thousands of years older than anything OLB. They don't hide anything. It's just that you want to believe in the same conspiracy theory about 'hiding the truth' as Otharus always did.

And yes: it's clear to me that those who created the OLB used a lot from old Frisian, German, Anglo-Saxon, Latin, and Greek legends and whatnot.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#2977    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Did anyone read this recent book yet?

Verdwenen beschaving (en verborgen boodschappen uit het verre verleden in Nederland)
Lost civilization (and hidden messages from the distant past in the Netherlands)
Author: Eelco de Boer / February 2013

http://www.ako.nl/pr...692492888650755
http://kluwer-law-e-...9048427925.html

Dutch:
De nazi’s dachten dat de Germanen afstamden van een goddelijk volk, Ariërs geheten. Het Oera Linda Boek beschrijft dat de historie is begonnen bij een Oer-fries volk. Onderzoekende schrijvers als Charles de Grave, Theophile Cailleux en Iman Wilkens menen dat de Ilias juist onze streken beschreef. Ze zaten dicht bij de waarheid. Noord-West Europa is een gebied met een zeer oude historie. Prehistorische bouwwerken in dit deel van Europa, zoals Stonehenge en Carnac, zijn met geometrische lijnen met elkaar verbonden tot in Egypte, Israël en India aan toe. Al deze lijnen komen samen in Nederland. De top van de vrijmetselarij wist en weet dit. Hier in Nederland, waar op de grond sterrenbeelden zijn gevormd door volken uit het verre verleden, is bij deze adel en met name bij het koningshuis van Oranje, de herinnering bewaard gebleven. Zoals altijd verborgen de vrijmetselaars hun kennis en geheimen in het volle licht, ook bij de Oranjes. Waarom heet het huis van onze koningin Drakensteyn? Hun boot De Groene Draeck? Het huis in Italië Rocco dei Draconi en waarom liet prins Bernhard een draak op zijn lichaam tatoeëren? Op de grond in het hartje van Nederland ligt het sterrenbeeld Draak. Op de exacte knooppunten staan kerken. Zo staan er vele bijzonderheden in het boek.

English:
The Nazis believed that the Germans descended of a divine people called Aryans. The Oera Linda Book describes that history started with a primal Frisian people. Inquiring writers like Charles de Grave, Théophile Cailleux and Iman Wilkens believe that the Iliad precisely described our region. They were close to the truth. North-West Europe is a region with a very old history. Prehistoric buildings in this part of Europe, such as Stonehenge and Carnac, are connected to Egypt, Israel and India with geometric lines. All these lines come together in the Netherlands. The top of Freemasonry knew and knows this. Here in the Netherlands, where on the ground constellations have been formed by people from the distant past, the memory has been preserved with this nobility and particularly with the Royal House of Orange. As always the Masons hid their knowledge and secrets in full light, as did the Oranges. Why is the house of our queen called Drakensteyn ("Dragonstone")? Their boat De Groene Draeck ("The Green Dragon")? The house in Italy Rocco dei Draconi ("Dragon's Rock") and why did Prince Bernhard have a dragon tattooed on his body? On the ground in the heart of the Netherlands lies the constellation Draco. At the exact nodes are churches. There are many particularities like this in the book.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 March 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#2978    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 March 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Nonsense: archeologists here dig up much that's thousands of years older than anything OLB. They don't hide anything.

It is a very well known and understood phenomenon from the philosophy of science, that finds that do not fit into the existing belief-system are refused or ignored, even by scientists.

It's just that you want to believe...

Do not think that you have any clue at all of what I "want to believe".
You can agree or disagree with what I say, but stop your "you have an agenda"-crap.

If we would all start talking like that, this thread will again derange.

#2979    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postgestur, on 20 March 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

It is a very well known and understood phenomenon from the philosophy of science, that finds that do not fit into the existing belief-system are refused or ignored, even by scientists.

Do not think that you have any clue at all of what I "want to believe".
You can agree or disagree with what I say, but stop your "you have an agenda"-crap.

If we would all start talking like that, this thread will again derange.

Oh, but it's ok for you to say I am brainwashed, right? And I never said you have an agenda, I said you wanted to believe in Otharus' conspiracy theory.

Anyway, archeologists have dug up enough to make us all think different about ancient Europe; just check what they found in Varna, Bulgaria: they found what could well be a true civilization we didn't even know existed. It's 6500 years old, far older than the Egyptian and Sumerian civilizations.

"New research, archaeologists and historians say, has broadened understanding of this long overlooked culture, which seemed to have approached the threshold of 'civilization' status. Writing had yet to be invented, and so no one knows what the people called themselves."
http://www.stonepage...ves/003623.html

Edited by Abramelin, 20 March 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#2980    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 March 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Isn't it "amazing" (NOT) that we Dutch can read the OLB like it was written in our own language? OK, some words we have to look up in an Old Frisian dictionary...

You have the illusion that it is so easy, because from the beginning you had a translation at hand.

Many words are not yet found in a dictionary and can only be understood from the context.

Some examples (from Otharus):

[00b/03] THVSAND WÁRA
[004/05] ANDA BRVD SITTE
[004/08] THÀT SKOLD.IK NAVT NE MELDA
[004/14] BIJVNKA ALLE SKÍDNISA
[004/27] SA HAGATH J TO NVDANDE
[006/30] WR.ALDA.S OD TRÀD TO RA BINNA
[010/26] SWART ÀND NÍLOF FON TÁRA TO STIRTANE
[021/24] ÉWA THÉR THÉR.UT TAVLIKT SEND
[024/31] ÉR HI AN SINA RÉNA KVMTH
[029/31] THÀT RÉDER ÀFTER.WÉJA TO LÉTANE
[030/12] SA WÀRTH.ER BISTONDA MÀRK.BÉTEN
[038/23] THA SJAKA TO LÉVANDE
[052/12] VPPERA WÉSA NIS NINMER NÉN BLÍDSKIP TO BISJAN
[056/15] THAM LÉTON HINI BIDOBBA
[056/31] THÀT HÉDE THJU MODER BISJOWATH
[067/16] VMBE THÀT THA SJVRDA WELDICH ÀND ...
[068/13] THÀT WRDE DVM ÀND DOR
[076/28] VMBE THA MÀNNISKA TO DJAPANA
[081/04] HJARA HORSA FOR HJARA TOGUM
[083/26] DEL TRULED
[084/10] KÀMPA ÀND WOXELJA
[089/17] THJU FÉRE THÉRA IS WÉST
[099/20] MÀNNALIK ÀND BERLIK
[108/30] THRÉ GRÉVA BURCH.HÉRA
[114/13] IK GÍRDE HJA LING.SÍDE
[119/08] ROJADON SVME MITH EN SNÁKE
[151/13] BÀRGUM JEFTHA TONNUM FON THA BESTA BJAR
[155/11] WAS THÉR TEFTA EN ÉLLE LJAWE FÁM

The existing translations are also sometimes very different.
One example of many (also from O.):

[121/01] THACH HI THRJVCHDE LIK HI ÉR DÉN HÉDE

Ottema (1872): doch hij bedroog gelijk hij vroeger gedaan had
Jensma (2006): maar hij dreigde zoals hij eerder had gedaan

Ottema: but he deceived as he had done before
Jensma: but he threatened as he had done before

Conclusion: it is not as simple as Abramelin and Knul suggest.

#2981    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 March 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Oh, but it's ok for you to say I am brainwashed, right?

Did I say or suggest that?

I said you wanted to believe in Otharus' conspiracy theory.

What is his 'conspiracy theory' and how do you know if I believe it?

#2982    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 March 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Anyway, archeologists have dug up enough to make us all think different about ancient Europe

That is why eventually the paradigm will be adjusted.

#2983    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

View Postgestur, on 20 March 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

You have the illusion that it is so easy, because from the beginning you had a translation at hand.

Many words are not yet found in a dictionary and can only be understood from the context.

Some examples (from Otharus):

The existing translations are also sometimes very different.
One example of many (also from O.):

Ottema: but he deceived as he had done before
Jensma: but he threatened as he had done before

Conclusion: it is not as simple as Abramelin and Knul suggest.

OK, just cut it: you are Otharus.

Yes, i did have a translation at hand, and after I got the hang of it, I could translate much without the use of that translation. I also discovered lots of mistakes and wrong interpretations.

And a quick look at your list of underlined words makes me understand that the reason these words are not understood is of the way they are spelled. A little change in any of them, and you can look then up in the Old Frisian dictionary.

#2984    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postgestur, on 20 March 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Did I say or suggest that?

What is his 'conspiracy theory' and how do you know if I believe it?

Yes, you suggested it (go back one page):

"Also, you have been brainwashed for centuries with the idea that all of our culture came from the Romans and Greeks."

I really don't know where you got that idea from.

And I am not going to explain your own 'conspiracy theory' to you.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 March 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#2985    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

after I got the hang of it, I could translate much without the use of that translation.

"Much" is not the same as 100% as you wanted us to believe earlier.

I also discovered lots of mistakes and wrong interpretations.

That only proves that it was not that simple in the 19th century.
It's much easier for us with our sources.

And a quick look at your list of underlined words makes me understand that the reason these words are not understood is of the way they are spelled. A little change in any of them, and you can look then up in the Old Frisian dictionary.

Have a better look.
I challenge you.
You may solve some if you try hard, but not all, and these are just a few random examples.

Your and Knul's statement that OLB is just a 100% word for word translation of Dutch into pseudo-Oldfrisian does not stand.

Very much of this thread has been about discussing words.
If it were as simple as you suggest there would not have been so much debate.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users