Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5869 replies to this topic

#3301    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

It is interesting that breath (Dutch/ German: adem/ atem) is related to spirit.

to breathe - english

ademen - NL
atmen - german

spirare - latin
respirer - french
respirar - spanish, portuguese
respirare - italian

Getting inspiration to me is the same as receiving 'life force' or 'universal energy' (some call it love).

Posted Image "Saved from the Flood" ~ Oera-Linda studies ~ http://fryskednis.blogspot.com

#3302    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

View Postgestur, on 31 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

"Strong desire" is a perfect description of "life force".
I can see how this evolved from a general meaning into something more specific like "rage" (in some oldnorse texts) and in Latin "hate" (odium), from which Ottema got his translation.

I think you're right - that's also how I look at it, I think.
So, I think we are right, both 'Abramelin' and I.

#3303    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Currently reading Layamons Brut , or chronicles of Britain , which is described as in a form of poeticised Anglo-Saxon , and a modern English translation .

Not sure how we understand the 20 giants who inhabited  the island , but they were each armed with a Treon , this is described as a club , but the size of a tree trunk .19 of whom were killed by sharp darts flown through the air .while the last and strongest , was challenged by Corineus , one of Brut's men, who wrestled the last , and threw him over a cliff .

Also a word on-feng is used a couple of times once translated as Honour, and then as  on-fang during the peacefulness ,

Togaderer is always together , and to gadera is to gather, and daughter is dohter

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 01 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#3304    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Regarding VV = W...  In the OLB we have the word bvwa ('build', 'construct') - b v v v a.
I suppose it must be regarded as b u v v a.

Edited by Apol, 01 April 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#3305    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 01 April 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Currently reading Layamons Brut , or chronicles of Britain , which is described as in a form of poeticised Anglo-Saxon , and a modern English translation .

Not sure how we understand the 20 giants who inhabited  the island , but they were each armed with a Treon , this is described as a club , but the size of a tree trunk .19 of whom were killed by sharp darts flown through the air .while the last and strongest , was challenged by Corineus , one of Brut's men, who wrestled the last , and threw him over a cliff .

Also a word on-feng is used a couple of times once translated as Honour, and then as  on-fang during the peacefulness ,

Togaderer is always together , and to gadera is to gather, and daughter is dohter

Apropos 'daughter', which is named toghater in the OLB:
Douglas Harper says that the word is derived from Proto-Indo-European *dhugheter. The Greek version is thygater.

http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

Edited by Apol, 01 April 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#3306    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

How is it used by the sentence Apol  ? could it mean together , or in the context does it definately mean daughter ?

#3307    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 01 April 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

How is it used by the sentence Apol  ? could it mean together , or in the context does it definately mean daughter ?

It has nothing to do with 'together' - it's just a coincidence that it looks like it.

Edited by Apol, 01 April 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#3308    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostApol, on 01 April 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Regarding VV = W...  In the OLB we have the word bvwa ('build', 'construct') - b v v v a.

View PostApol, on 01 April 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

It has nothing to do with 'together' - it's just a coincidence that it looks like it.
or bvwa.

#3309    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

I am confused regarding

meni loge at page 48/17, and
loge at page 59/13,

because Wiarda (Alt friesisches Wörterbuch, p. 252) says that loge means 'gathering of people', while mena loge means 'gathering of the whole community'.
But why should Tünis build or establish a loge in Almanaland when the sale was in the Tolêtmark - who did he want to gather in Almanaland?
Or, did he simply want to gather goods? The English word lodge means something in the manner of 'a small house'...

And the question that arises from this, is, whether the meni loge in the Near Krêkalands and in Lyda's Land (p. 48/17) were communities of Frisians, places where Frisians met, or just simple warehouses.

Anyone who knows, or want, to find out more about this?

Edited by Apol, 01 April 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#3310    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,649 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 01 April 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I actually argued once that the word was together - but Apollo's link to the daughter etymology does seem as though it's a very old word for daughter.

If the OLB is true - the word may have even gone into Greek from Fryan. Then I question what the word might mean, what makes it up, and may be behind it, it could be a together meaning - gator

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#3311    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 01 April 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I actually argued once that the word was together - but Apollo's link to the daughter etymology does seem as though it's a very old word for daughter.

If the OLB is true - the word may have even gone into Greek from Fryan. Then I question what the word might mean, what makes it up, and may be behind it, it could be a together meaning - gator

I also think it's a very old word for daughter.
Behind the meaning -gator... it's the same as in alli-gator (lol).

#3312    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,649 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostApol, on 01 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

I am confused regarding

meni loge at page 48/17, and
loge at page 59/13,

because Wiarda (Alt friesisches Wörterbuch, p. 252) says that loge means 'gathering of people', while mena loge means 'gathering of the whole community'.
But why should Tünis build or establish a loge in Almanaland when the sale was in the Tolêtmark - who did he want to gather in Almanaland?
Or, did he simply want to gather goods? The English word lodge means something in the manner of 'a small house'...

And the question that arises from this, is, whether the meni loge in the Near Krêkalands and in Lyda's Land (p. 48/17) were communities of Frisians, places where Frisians met, or just simple warehouses.

Anyone who knows, or want, to find out more about this?

Maybe 'meeting place' is the better term...? Warehouses I don't think is that bad, considering the context of the part. This one uses 'factories' : Moreover, our sailors and merchants had many factories among the distant Krekalanders and in Lydia.
Maybe a meeting-house/hall - a place where the traders and merchants sold and traded in the Bronze/Iron Age. The word may have fallen out of use but English lodge would certainly be some recall of it's purpose - the sailors could probably live in quarters there too (Albanian: place for men) while they were in port. Interesting that log-book is tied up in it too.

læch

50 und häufiger?, læg, afries., st. N. (a): nhd. Ort, Stelle, Stätte,

Versammlungsort, Versammlung, Gericht (N.) (1); ne. place (N.), meeting-place,

court (N.); Hw.: s. læg-ia; vgl. an. læg, ae. læg (1), ahd. luog*; Q.: B, E, S, W, F;

E.: germ. *læga-, *lægam, st. N. (a), Lage, Lager; s. idg. *leg
h-, V., sich legen,

liegen, Pokorny 658; W.: saterl. loge; L.: Hh 67b, Rh 908a

------------------------------------------------------------

Old English
[edit] Pronunciation
  • IPA: /loːɡ/, [loːɣ]
[edit] Etymology 1

Proto-Germanic *lōgan, from Proto-Indo-European *legh-. Cognate with Old Frisian lōch, Old High German luog. The Indo-European root is also the source of Greek λέκτρον (lektron), Latin lectus ("bed"), Albanian log ("place for men, gathering"), Celtic *leg- (Old Irish lige, Irish luighe), Slavic *ležati (Russian лежать (ležát’)).
[edit] Noun

lōg n

Edited by The Puzzler, 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#3313    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,649 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostApol, on 01 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I also think it's a very old word for daughter.
Behind the meaning -gator... it's the same as in alli-gator (lol).

Yes...but a daughter as a gatherer is imo a logic choice - myths embellish maidens as gathering - a particular one is the abduction of Persephone, a very famous daughter, famously gathering flowers in a field when Hades appears from the Earth and takes her.

Edited by The Puzzler, 01 April 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#3314    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,649 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostApol, on 01 April 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Sounds like beaver to me but the etymology is not giving this. Considering beavers build/construct, but anyway...

Also like bower and bivouac.

#3315    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 01 April 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Sounds like beaver to me but the etymology is not giving this. Considering beavers build/construct, but anyway...

Also like bower and bivouac.

In Dutch "bvwa" is "bouwen".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users