Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5868 replies to this topic

#3466    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

I know i speculate too much for everyones liking , but once i have these thoughts i like to get them off my chest , so i am just going to put them in a post , and if everyone wants to ignore that post , i dont have a problem with that , because most of the time i know i will be wrong .

from one of the books Abe posted the coast of Spain/Portugal was where the phoenicians found metal ores , and it seems they brought slaves to mine them , the people who were native dont seem to have discovered metal yet, or had any use for it , from the word Gadir , came the word Gades , Cadiz , ....from this word it seems to me they could also use Kadiz ,Khades , and from that Hades.........from the hard life of a slave breaking rocks , and then making large fires , smelting rocks to obtain the metal could be how the legend of Hades , a place of forced labour , with fire , and no opportunity to escape , could have emerged .

there was one group of warriors that refused to go outside the pillars of hercules , because they said they would fight for their king anywhere in the world , but they would not go to fight outside the world , which is what they considered was the other side of the pillars . this then could add to the legend , all the time you are in the world you are alive, but if you were sent to hades , you were outside the world , were never seen again , so you were dead in hades (Gades).

In Idrisi,s world map (1154) called 'Tabula Rogeriana' Kadis is shown as an island seperate from the mainland next to an island called Saltis, both of them are outside the world , Britain has very few towns but a couple of them are Londrs (of course i am going to say land of Rus ) Dobrs (Dover ?) and Hastinks (Hastings)

the map has been made upside down, i dont know if you guys /gals know if that was usual at this time ??

www.bigmapblog.com/2011/idrisis-tabula-rogeriana-world-map-reproduction/

#3467    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Kêmon wi anda muda thêre Êuphrat, sa machton wi thêr en stêd kiasa jeftha omkêra, vs lân skold vs êvin blyd to dêlath wrde. An tha nya skêpa, thêr tha brônd vntkvma wêron, let-er Johniar aend Krêkalandar gâ. Hi selva gvng mith sin ôra folk allingen thêre kâd thrvch tha dorra wostêna, thaet is thrvch et land thaet Irtha vphêid hêde uta sê, tha hju thju strête after vsa êthela vphêide as hja inna Râde sê kêmon.
Tha wy to ny Gêrtmanja kêmon...

When we arrived at the mouth of the Euphrates, we might either choose a place to settle there or come back. Our pay would be guaranteed to us the same in either case. Upon the new ships which had been saved from the fire he embarked the Joniers and the Greeks. He himself went with the rest of his people along the coast, through the barren wilderness; that is, through the land that she had heaved up out of the sea when she had raised up the strait as soon as our forefathers had passed into the Red Sea.
When we arrived at New Gertmania...

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bp

Posted Image

He went from the mouth of the Euphrates to New Geertmania (Carmania on the map). The land he passed had been heaved out of the sea, at the same time as when the Suez Strait had been heaved up out of the sea after their forefathers had passed through it.

I think you are trying to muddy the waters here Abe , i know it is later in Alexanders campaign they are writing about , and i know they mention the euphrates. but ignore the rest of it its not relevant to what i am saying :-.........Acc to Sandbach it says.....as soon as our ethela had passed into the red sea........the question here is , are they saying they are the same bloodline as those that passed into the red sea, does ethela relate to ethnicity , ........or are they just saying after the flood there was only Noah and his family left , so to anyone alive now they were a forefather ???

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 10 April 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#3468    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 April 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

I think you are trying to muddy the waters here Abe , i know it is later in Alexanders campaign they are writing about , and i know they mention the euphrates. but ignore the rest of it its not relevant to what i am saying :-.........Acc to Sandbach it says.....as soon as our ethela had passed into the red sea........the question here is , are they saying they are the same bloodline as those that passed into the red sea, does ethela relate to ethnicity , ........or are they just saying after the flood there was only Noah and his family left , so anyone alive now is a forefather ???

I am not 'muddying the waters', I actually copied the paragraph you were talking about.

This is Sandbach's translation, and it is accurate enough:

When we arrived at the mouth of the Euphrates, we might either choose a place to settle there or come back. Our pay would be guaranteed to us the same in either case. Upon the new ships which had been saved from the fire he embarked the Joniers and the Greeks. He himself went with the rest of his people along the coast, through the barren wilderness; that is, through the land that she had heaved up out of the sea when she had raised up the strait as soon as our forefathers had passed into the Red Sea.
When we arrived at New Gertmania...

I think it's you who is muddying the waters by not reading carefully.

#3469    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 April 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

the map has been made upside down, i dont know if you guys /gals know if that was usual at this time ??

www.bigmapblog.com/2011/idrisis-tabula-rogeriana-world-map-reproduction/

Yes, I have saved a couple of online medieval maps which are upside down.

And this is a screenshot of Idrissi's map:

Posted Image

Where is the island?

Edited by Abramelin, 10 April 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#3470    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Yes, I have saved a couple of online medieval maps which are upside down.

And this is a screenshot of Idrissi's map:

Posted Image

Where is the island?

Just slightly under your screenshot , under almarin is seris and Kadis is facing it , with saltis just below that .

#3471    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 April 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Just slightly under your screenshot , under almarin is seris and Kadis is facing it , with saltis just below that .

Ah ok, I see it now:

Posted Image

I got a bit distracted by the "Al-Gézira" name.

#3472    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Ah ok, I see it now:

Posted Image

I got a bit distracted by the "Al-Gézira" name.

go further out to the right Abe , and you can see the longtitude, or latitudal markings on the side of the map .........near kadiz you can see the slightly different colour of the map , and that the markings dont line up with the outside marking ... ie 41 degrees on the map dont line up with 41 degrees on the outside ,

it looks like this part of the map has either been repaired. re- calibrated or !   .some event has moved the earths latitude slightly ???.....remember we were told the earth moved very slightly after the japanese disaster/earthquake ??

another interesting part , zoom in around the root of Italy , near where it says ' bilad barfansa al afrang' and you will see a bay/gulf called 'min al bahr al Sami'

what is bilad = bi land  and afrang = franks i presume , so a bay named after the Sami near Italy/France ??

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 10 April 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#3473    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 April 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

go further out to the right Abe , and you can see the longtitude, or latitudal markings on the side of the map .........near kadiz you can see the slightly different colour of the map , and that the markings dont line up with the outside marking ... ie 41 degrees on the map dont line up with 41 degrees on the outside ,

it looks like this part of the map has either been repaired. re- calibrated or !   .some event has moved the earths latitude slightly ???.....remember we were told the earth moved very slightly after the japanese disaster/earthquake ??

another interesting part , zoom in around the root of Italy , near where it says ' bilad barfansa al afrang' and you will see a bay/gulf called 'min al bahr al Sami'

what is bilad = bi land  and afrang = franks i presume , so a bay named after the Sami near Italy/France ??

The numbers you say don't line up are not related. Along the edge of the map you see degrees latitude.

If you follow number 41 ON the map iself to the left, you'll see 42, then 43, then 44, etc.

I guess that were medieval Arab longitudes.

The language used is of course Arab, so I think you should be careful trying to explain text on the map as though it is some sort of Germanic language.

Bilad al-Sham (Arabic بلاد الشام, the country of Syria), in English usually referred to as Syria,

https://en.wikipedia...i/Bilad_al-Sham

Edited by Abramelin, 10 April 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#3474    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

The numbers you say don't line up are not related. Along the edge of the map you see degrees latitude.

If you follow number 41 ON the map iself to the left, you'll see 42, then 43, then 44, etc.

I guess that were medieval Arab longitudes.

The language used is of course Arab, so I think you should be careful trying to explain text on the map as though it is some sort of Germanic language.

Bilad al-Sham (Arabic بلاد الشام, the country of Syria), in English usually referred to as Syria,

So what are you saying .....afrang is not the franks , Kadis is not Kadiz , Londr is not London, Hastinks is not Hastings, and Dobr is not Dover , ...although they are all remarkably in the right places ...............so why the bay of Sami  on the french / Italian border .

and bilad al sham , i would be thinking is ..be(i) land the Shem , or be the land of shem. not Ham or Japhet .

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 10 April 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#3475    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 April 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

So what are you saying .....afrang is not the franks , Kadis is not Kadiz , Londr is not London, Hastinks is not Hastings, and Dobr is not Dover , ...although they are all remarkably in the right places ...............so why the bay of Sami  on the french / Italian border .

and bilad al sham , i would be thinking is ..be(i) land the Shem , or be the land of shem. not Ham or Japhet .

I am not saying that at all....

"min al bahr" means something like "from the sea".

And why don't you click on the Wiki link I posted? There you can see the etymology of Bilad Al-Sham.

Edited by Abramelin, 10 April 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#3476    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,649 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 April 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

I know i speculate too much for everyones liking , but once i have these thoughts i like to get them off my chest , so i am just going to put them in a post , and if everyone wants to ignore that post , i dont have a problem with that , because most of the time i know i will be wrong .

from one of the books Abe posted the coast of Spain/Portugal was where the phoenicians found metal ores , and it seems they brought slaves to mine them , the people who were native dont seem to have discovered metal yet, or had any use for it , from the word Gadir , came the word Gades , Cadiz , ....from this word it seems to me they could also use Kadiz ,Khades , and from that Hades.........from the hard life of a slave breaking rocks , and then making large fires , smelting rocks to obtain the metal could be how the legend of Hades , a place of forced labour , with fire , and no opportunity to escape , could have emerged .

there was one group of warriors that refused to go outside the pillars of hercules , because they said they would fight for their king anywhere in the world , but they would not go to fight outside the world , which is what they considered was the other side of the pillars . this then could add to the legend , all the time you are in the world you are alive, but if you were sent to hades , you were outside the world , were never seen again , so you were dead in hades (Gades).

I think this thread is a lot of speculation, it's all good.

Gades I speculate means gates, as walled stronghold, a harbour with a big wall, maybe like a gate. I think the idea of the mining slaves dying in a kind of Hell, Hades may have protected them, but I was thinking salt mines as for the Celts before, Gades is an interesting place for sure, the strait of Gibraltar might have been seen as a gate, in and out of the 'harbour', the Mediterranean, relative to Plato's description about Atlantis.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#3477    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

I am not saying that at all....

"min al bahr" means something like "from the sea".

And why don't you click on the Wiki link I posted? There you can see the etymology of Bilad Al-Sham.

Bilad al-Sham

The term etymologically means "land of the left hand"

min al bahr al shami = from/of/belonging to the sea at the left?

Posted Image

But what's the use of all this? A quick course in Arabic?

Edited by Abramelin, 10 April 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#3478    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 10 April 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I think this thread is a lot of speculation, it's all good.

Gades I speculate means gates, as walled stronghold, a harbour with a big wall, maybe like a gate. I think the idea of the mining slaves dying in a kind of Hell, Hades may have protected them, but I was thinking salt mines as for the Celts before, Gades is an interesting place for sure, the strait of Gibraltar might have been seen as a gate, in and out of the 'harbour', the Mediterranean, relative to Plato's description about Atlantis.

Yeah, let's forget about history and just play a bit with words.

So you're saying the Romans used a Germanic word (gates) for Cadiz? How likely is that?

But the fact that the alternative, Phoenician name, Qadesh, was used is not plausible? As far as is known, THEY gave the place its first name: Gadir, a word still used in Northern Africa and the Middle East, meaning 'stronghold', and nothing to do with quays or dikes. So it's kind of likely that the other name they used for Gadir, Qadesh, was later used by the Romans.

Edited by Abramelin, 10 April 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#3479    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,649 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 April 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Yeah, let's forget about history and just play a bit with words.

So you're saying the Romans used a Germanic word (gates) for Cadiz? How likely is that?

But the fact that the alternative, Phoenician name, Qadesh, was used is not plausible? As far as is known, THEY gave the place its first name: Gadir, a word still used in Northern Africa and the Middle East, meaning 'stronghold', and nothing to do with quays or dikes. So it's kind of likely that the other name they used for Gadir, Qadesh, was later used by the Romans.

I see things differently maybe. Think the garden of Eden, it has gates, the gates protect the sanctuary.
That is the sanctuary, without the gate, there is no sanctuary. All cities and towns had gates. The gates of Troy imo actually represent some underlying thing that connects to Atlantis, I just can't quite unlock that one yet.

The walled stronghold is the gate that contains the sanctuary (holy place QDS).

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#3480    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 10 April 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

I see things differently maybe. Think the garden of Eden, it has gates, the gates protect the sanctuary.
That is the sanctuary, without the gate, there is no sanctuary. All cities and towns had gates. The gates of Troy imo actually represent some underlying thing that connects to Atlantis, I just can't quite unlock that one yet.

The walled stronghold is the gate that contains the sanctuary (holy place QDS).

The Garden of Eden had gates? isn't that a medieval invention? Not sure about that one.

Qadesh, Qedesh, Qetesh, Kadesh, Kedesh, Kadeš and Qades come from the common Semitic root "Q-D-Š", which means "sacred."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qadesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users