Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6099 replies to this topic

#3571    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Of course I also had to think of ""Hengist and Horsa" (stallion and horse) :

Late Frisian Accounts of Young Hengist

According to the forgeries of Andreas Cornelius and later books based on them, Hengist and Horsa were the sons of Udolph Haron, the seventh and last Duke of Friesland. Hengist was born in 361 and Horsa, his brother was born in 363. In 374, Udolph Haron sent his two sons to the Roman emperor Valentinian to be educated, to be taught martial arts and to learn noble manners. In 380, upon Valentinan’s death, Hengist and Horsa returned to Friesland where they first met Carol Taxand, Duke of Brabant, whom they then served for three years, before, at last, returning to their father’s court in 384, when their father sent them to serve Lascon (in some later text, Yglo Laseon), his captain, in Angria and Westphalia.

Then, in 385, there were complaints that Friesland had become over-populated and it was necessary that the traditional remedy of choosing by lot people to find homes elsewhere was put into effect. The lot fell upon both Hengist and Horsa, who because of their birth and general excellence, where appointed leaders of the expedition. They set sail during the same year.

According to Suffriedus Petrus, a later writer, this expedition first settled at the mouth of the river Elder, and named this country Frisia Minor. The people of this country were few, and were mostly descendants of earlier Frisian and Jutish colonies, the earliest dating to the time of Ubbo son of Iuto son of Friso. Hengist and Horsa, from their base in Frisia Minor, then made many piratical expeditions, mostly in Britain and Armorica, but extending to Greece and to Asia.

http://kingarthur.wi...om/wiki/Hengist

http://en.wikipedia....ngist_and_Horsa

#3572    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

From Layamons Brut.

Whannene we en icummen feoth, ich hatte henges, hors is mi broder , we beath Alemaine , athelest alre londe .of that ilken eande , the Angles is ihaten.

beoth in ure londe selcuthe tithende, umbe fifteen yer that folk hi iformned al ure iledene folc, a heare loten werthen uppen than the hit faled.

he scal varen of londe bileaven scullen forth lithe , tha fifte feal forth lithe , tha sexte ut of that londe to ecthe londe he beo he na swa leof mot.

wherefore are we coming forth, i am leader Henges , and my brother Hors . we are Alemaines,the strongest in the land,of that ilk Eande , Angles we are called. in our

land after good tidings ,after 15 years of multiplying , the leading folk draw lots, if the lot falls on him, he shall from the land be leaving forth happily , the five portions

are happy too ,but the sixth portion must leave for another land, as he has sworn on his life to do.

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 17 April 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#3573    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 17 April 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

From Layamons Brut.

Whannene we en icummen feoth, ich hatte henges, hors is mi broder , we beath Alemaine , athelest alre londe .of that ilken eande , the Angles is ihaten.

beoth in ure londe selcuthe tithende, umbe fifteen yer that folk hi iformned al ure iledene folc, a heare loten werthen uppen than the hit faled.

he scal varen of londe bileaven scullen forth lithe , tha fifte feal forth lithe , tha sexte ut of that londe to ecthe londe he beo he na swa leof mot.

wherefore are we coming forth, i am leader Henges , and my brother Hors . we are Alemaines,the strongest in the land,of that ilk Eande , Angles we are called. in our

land after good tidings ,after 15 years of multiplying , the leading folk draw lots, if the lot falls on him, he shall from the land be leaving forth happily , the five portions

are happy too ,but the sixth portion must leave for another land, as he has sworn on his life to do.

Great, so that confirms the second paragraph in my former post.

#3574    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

..... sure confirmation from a separate link always makes you feel happier about your post........this exodus / lots thing sounds very traditional jewish again . .....or was it common throughout the nations. ??

#3575    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 17 April 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

..... sure confirmation from a separate link always makes you feel happier about your post........this exodus / lots thing sounds very traditional jewish again . .....or was it common throughout the nations. ??

I have no idea, NO-ID-EA.

But what you are doing is upsetting Otharus and Gestur, LOL.

Remember what I wrote about the GOLA, the Jewsish exiles from Sidon, the missionary priests of the Phoenicians? Massilia?

Edited by Abramelin, 17 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#3576    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

...Oh dear , the last thing i want to do is upset those two LOL , but you have to say it as you see it , the latest pointer to me was the part that said a brutish king with a combined army army went over to franche ( channel called la Tranche ) and conquered part of the land , which he called Bretagne (little Brutaine ) and then handed sovereinty over to Canaan , who was called in the Brutish tongue Conaan ,

sounds like the wests free land has been used up right up to the western sea, and now every 15 years they have to go conquer a land before one of their exodus trips can take place , it also makes you think again about the splitting up of Abraham and Lot , was that also a drawing of lots, and was that the reason Abe had to earlier leave Harran , because he lost the lottery , or as a war leader was he obliged to go with the loser of the lottery .

because they were in the land since Joseph of Arimathea , and poss Mary ,maybe a child ,  is the reason i think the Brutaines claimed to have had the Christian religion centuries before the Roman Catholic church ,( st Paul in Britain, and the early British church as opposed to the Popish church ... Richard Williams Morgan ) and why the other nations agreed that the British church was senior to the catholic roman one ,and did not have to take orders from the catholic pope.The Spanish church also claimed the jews came to their land first , so they should have seniority, but in the end the Brutish church seniority won out as they settled here ,

however Jesus christianity may have been much different from the christianity the romans tried to import in the 3/400 years before Constantine. during which time i think the Romans much changed it to suit their needs............ when hengist was talking to Vortiger acc to Layamon, he said his gods were Saturn , Jupiter , Mercurius , Apollin , Tervagant ,Fria and highest of all wodin , ......Vortiger supposedly told him they were despicable Gods , but he needed them to help turn back the Northern Peohte invaders so he hired them for payment of land ............obviously just words again.....and speculation.

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 18 April 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#3577    Ott

Ott

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 17 April 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

But what you are doing is upsetting Otharus and Gestur, LOL.

not @ all

Posted Image

"SAVED FROM THE FLOOD" ~ Oera Linda studies ~ http://fryskednis.blogspot.com/

#3578    Ott

Ott

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postgestur, on 17 April 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

[095/10]
SJUGUN JRTH.FÉT WÉRE HJU LONG
ÀND HJRA GÉRT SÁ FÉLO.
THRÍJA SWIKTE HJA THAM OR HJRA HOLE
ÀND AS ER DEL KÉM
WÉR EN RIDDER GÀRS.FALLICH.

[O-S p.133]
zeven aardvoet was zij lang,
en haar zwaard even zoo lang,
dit zwaaide zij driemaal over haar hoofd
en toen het nederkwam
beet een ridder in het gras [werd een ruiter 'grasvallig'].
She was seven feet high [long; tall],
and her sword was the same length.
She waved it three times over her head,
and each time [as is came down]
a knight bit the earth [a rider were 'grasfalling'].

Wirth (German, 1933): "und ihr Schwert gleich lang"

Jensma (Dutch, 2006): "en haar zwaard evenveel"

All translations assume - from the context - that GÉRT means sword.
Everywhere else in OLB, GÉRT means desire (Dutch: begeerte).
It is used in the combination MANGÉRTE = girl or young woman, as a name (the daughter of PIRE) and her followers, the GÉRTMANNA.

In the fragment, I don't think it meant sword, but something like a staff or long rod.

Hettema Oldfrisian dictionary (1832): Gerd, geerd = roede (rod)

Etymologiebank: garde = rod, stick

Gtb: garde, gaarde, gerde = rod

Posted Image
"Guard" may very well be related.
etymonline.com/guard

Edited by gestur, 18 April 2013 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

#3579    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postgestur, on 18 April 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

not @ all

You know I was kidding, right?
Then you know why I was kidding.

#3580    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Postgestur, on 18 April 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Wirth (German, 1933): "und ihr Schwert gleich lang"

Jensma (Dutch, 2006): "en haar zwaard evenveel"

All translations assume - from the context - that GÉRT means sword.
Everywhere else in OLB, GÉRT means desire (Dutch: begeerte).
It is used in the combination MANGÉRTE = girl or young woman, as a name (the daughter of PIRE) and her followers, the GÉRTMANNA.

In the fragment, I don't think it meant sword, but something like a staff or long rod.

Hettema Oldfrisian dictionary (1832): Gerd, geerd = roede (rod)

Etymologiebank: garde = rod, stick

Gtb: garde, gaarde, gerde = rod

Posted Image
"Guard" may very well be related.
etymonline.com/guard

I know I have talked about an "Asgeir" in this thread, and it means "spear (geir) of god (As)":

http://babynamesworl..._of_Asgeir.html

http://www.unexplain...30#entry4204788

Not saying you were wrong, but I had to think of Athena:

Posted Image

+++

EDIT:

Look up "geirr" here:

http://www.scribd.co...2000-Compressed

Edited by Abramelin, 18 April 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#3581    Ott

Ott

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

wikipedia/Beguines_and_Beghards

Posted Image

beguine - english
begijn - dutch
begine - german, frisian
begien - limburgian
béguine - french
begínur - icelandic
beginer - swedish, norwegian
beguinas - spanish, portuguese
beghine - italian
... etcetera

The etymology of this word is not clear.

Het woord verschijnt vrijwel tegelijkertijd in Latijnse teksten: beggini ‘ketters’ [1200-25; Gijsseling 1985] en begginas, als schimpnaam voor religieuze vrouwen in een klooster in Waals-Brabant. De etymologie van het woord is omstreden.
etymologiebank/begijn

I suggest that, like Tanfana may have come from T.ANFANG (origin), Begine may have its origin in T.BIJIN (the beginning).
They may have been named after a lost 'religious' group, because they were in a way a continuation of it.
No evidence, just suggesting the possibility.

OLB p. 45
... THI TÉKNA FON THAT JOL.
THAT IS THAT FORMA SINNE BILD WR.ALDA.S.
AK FON T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN
WÉRUT TID KÉM

Ottema p.65
... de teekens van het Juul,
dat is het eerste zinnebeeld van Wralda,
ook van den aanvang of het begin,
waaruit de Tijd is voortgekomen

Sandbach p.65
... the signs of the Juul
—that is, the first symbol of Wr-alda,
also of the origin or beginning
from which Time is derived

Wirth p.44
die Zeichen des Juls.
Das ist das älteste Sinnbild Wraldas,
auch von dem Anfang oder dem Beginne,
woraus die Zeit kam

Posted Image

#3582    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

THE OLDEST DOCTRINE.

Sandbach:
Hail to all the well-intentioned children of Frya! Through them the earth shall become holy. Learn and announce to the people Wr-alda is the ancient of ancients, for he created all things. Wr-alda is all in all, for he is eternal and everlasting. Wr-alda is omnipresent but invisible, and therefore is called a spirit. All that we can see of him are the created beings who come to life through him and go again, because from Wr-alda all things proceed and return to him. Wr-alda is the beginning and the end.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bk

OLB: Fon ut Wralda kvmth t anfang aend et ende
Me: Van uit Wr-alda komt 't aanvang ende 't eind.
EN: From Wra-alda comes the beginning and the end

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

My post about this:
http://www.unexplain...05#entry4678055

The 3 Yule wheels with the words WRALDA TANFANG TBIJIN :
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

"Et Ende" with its 6 letters would have fitted nicely around a Yule wheel, but that would have been a too obvious link to the New Testament...

Edited by Abramelin, 19 April 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#3583    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 April 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

"Et Ende" with its 6 letters would have fitted nicely around a Yule wheel, but that would have been a too obvious link to the New Testament...

Posted Image

#3584    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Aristophon in the " Archonship of Euclides " ( 403 BC) talks of one of the laws made was that anyone who was born where both parents are

not Citizens is considered a bast.ard. The rife practice of nobles who were consorting with courtesans ( the beautiful daughters of friendly ,

or conquered nations , brought to adorn the court ) andhaving children by them . Aristophon says many of his own children , although high

born , are being considered bast.ards...............The Lucky B......

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 19 April 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#3585    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 19 April 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Aristophon in the " Archonship of Euclides " ( 403 BC) talks of one of the laws made was that anyone who was born where both parents are not Citizens is considered a bast.ard. The rife practice of nobles who were consorting with courtesans ( the beautiful daughters of friendly ,or conquered nations , brought to adorn the court ) andhaving children by them . Aristophon says many of his own children , although high born , are being considered bast.ards...............The Lucky B......

That tells us that the word had to do with something illegitimate. Even then.