Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5575 replies to this topic

#3631    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,407 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

It appears to me the area of Lake Baikal is where the Magyar came from and this is core shamanic territory. The Finns probably joined them closer to Europe and are different people, possibly uprooted from an upheaval in another area but joined up, with the leaders being shamanic magy men priests and the rest being a population of above said. The mix creates the unusual genetics in Finns today, the N imo, is only from the influx of the people from Lake Baikal, who mixed their lineage into the Finns and led the shamanic rites all throughout Lapland and the Sami.
The people who look Mongolian imo are descended from shamanic lines from the Baikal area, the more Nordic Sami and Finns imo have mixed more with Swedish, Danish, (Fryan) and generally Nordic types. This imo accounts as I said for the complex dna of the Finns and Sami, cormac can correct me if he sees I am wrong on that.

The OLB tells us this and imo it fits GENERALLY, knowing the basic genetics of the Sami and Finns it's certainly more complex than that but again GENERALLY I believe the scenario can fit well enough.

Just because the heartland of Finda is the Ganges area and Kasamyr/Himalayas, this does not mean that alone is Aldland.

Here are the mentions:

In early times almost all the Finns lived together in their native land, which was called Aldland, and is now submerged. They were thus far away, and we had no wars. When they were driven hitherwards, and appeared as robbers, then arose the necessity of defending ourselves, and we had armies, kings, and wars.

Sixteen hundred years ago (she writes, 593 B.C.), Atland was submerged; and at that time something happened which nobody had reckoned upon. In the heart of Findasland, upon a mountain, lies a plain called Kasamyr (Cashmere) that is "extraordinary."

One hundred and one years after the submersion of Aldland a people came out of the East. That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland (Germany), they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part.

The Finns had lived in Aldland, which was submerged. It was far away.

One hundred years after Aldland submerged 2 people came out of the East.

The Finns are not named after Finda.

No where is it said that the heart of Findasland is Aldland imo. (Unless I've missed it).

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#3632    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I am not saying Ottema or Sandbach changed it. I am saying someone (but neither of them) did not want to leave an obvious link to the Bible in those 3 Yule wheels.

However, it was indeed Ottema who changed Jes-us into Jessos in his translation.

You can wonder why....

He himself said we should not mistake Jes-us for Jesus. So what to do? Just give the guy another name.

Maybe that part was too much of a mind-bender. Maybe Jes-us/Jessos and Krishna are not Jesus and the person in mention is actually Buddha considering the time frame. Jesus may have eventually practised the same teachings.

#3633    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 20 April 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Maybe that part was too much of a mind-bender. Maybe Jes-us/Jessos and Krishna are not Jesus and the person in mention is actually Buddha considering the time frame. Jesus may have eventually practised the same teachings.

If Ottema had read Volney's "Les Ruines", he would have loved to change more than just Jes-us.

Volney mentions Yes-us, Chris-en, Buddha and Fot. The OLB mentions Jes-us, Kris-en, Buda and Fo.

Fot is nothing but the East Asian name for Buddha, but if you hear/read the name like a Frenchman would, it means 'fault' or 'false'.Just like in the OLB.

To me it's either a(nother) practical joke, or the one reading Volney's book actually thought that Fo/Fot meant 'false'.

+++

EDIT:

Actually, Volney doesn't say Buddha, but Beddou.

http://oeralinda.blo...ection -1806 AD

... and scroll down.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#3634    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 April 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

If Ottema had read Volney's "Les Ruines", he would have loved to change more than just Jes-us.

Volney mentions Yes-us, Chris-en, Buddha and Fot. The OLB mentions Jes-us, Kris-en, Buda and Fo.

Fot is nothing but the East Asian name for Buddha, but if you hear/read the name like a Frenchman would, it means 'fault' or 'false'.Just like in the OLB.

To me it's either a(nother) practical joke, or the one reading Volney's book actually thought that Fo/Fot meant 'false'.

+++

EDIT:

Actually, Volney doesn't say Buddha, but Beddou.

http://oeralinda.blo...ection -1806 AD

... and scroll down.

Yes, yes, I've seen the Volney stuff, I don't think he invented the names but they had meaning to him when he wrote them and were known names meaning it doesn't mean Volney wrote them first and where did he get his radical ideas from anyway.

#3635    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 20 April 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Yes, yes, I've seen the Volney stuff, I don't think he invented the names but they had meaning to him when he wrote them and were known names meaning it doesn't mean Volney wrote them first and where did he get his radical ideas from anyway.

No, Volney didn't invent the names, these were known names. But he had his own explanation for them.
Fot was no one else but Buddha, and nothing to do with 'false'.

Chapter XXII
http://eremita.di.um...9/1397/1397.txt

(Or chapter 22 in the link to his book on my blog)

And he didn't get his radical ideas from the OLB, if that's what you suggest. Because of that French 'translation' of the word Fo I am quite sure it was the other way round.

#3636    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I can't really find much about the word Fo or Fot and right now I'm not overly into following that part up. Maybe later.

During the sinking of Aldland and the tumultuous times, the people on the shores of the Mediterranean were also suffering. The whole thing was worldwide, Atland could be anywhere.

In the part about Neef Teunis:

When Atland was submerged there was much suffering also on the shores of the Mediterranean, on which account many of Finda’s people, Krekalanders, and people from Lyda’s land, came to us. On the other hand, many of our people went to Lyda’s land. The result of all this was that the Krekalanders far and wide were lost to the superintendence of the mother.

#3637    Othar Winis

Othar Winis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

"Im Anfang war das Wort" - Luther, Joh.1:1

(at the anfang was the word)

What word?

ANFANG

It was the first Wralda made, according to the creation myth.
For a Fryasborn, it would therefore be a sacred word, more than BIJIN.

Posted Image "Saved from the Flood" ~ Oera-Linda studies ~ http://fryskednis.blogspot.com

#3638    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What word? Not beginning nor 'anfang'. '

#3639    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I am not saying Ottema or Sandbach changed it. I am saying someone (but neither of them) did not want to leave an obvious link to the Bible in those 3 Yule wheels.

However, it was indeed Ottema who changed Jes-us into Jessos in his translation.

You can wonder why....

He himself said we should not mistake Jes-us for Jesus. So what to do? Just give the guy another name.

Ottema did not change the text.  Of course he doubted about  a Jesus, who lived 500 years before his time.

#3640    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostKnul, on 20 April 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Ottema did not change the text.  Of course he doubted about  a Jesus, who lived 500 years before his time.

I said he translated Jes-us into Jessos.

#3641    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Faux:

You know the French expression, ""faux pas", or "false step", "misstep". Pronounced 'foh pah'

Budai (Chinese: 布袋; pinyin: Bùdài), or Hotei in Japanese,[1] Bố Đại in Vietnamese, is a Chinese folkloric deity. His name means "Cloth Sack," and comes from the bag that he is conventionally depicted as carrying. He is usually identified with (or as an incarnation of) Maitreya, so much so that the Budai image is one of the main forms in which Maitreya is depicted in East Asia. He is almost always shown smiling or laughing, hence his nickname in Chinese, the Laughing Buddha (Chinese: 笑佛). Many Westerners confuse Budai with Gautama Buddha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai

And we know that the OLB BUDA means purse or sack.

Posted Image

Volney:

The Lama was going on with his reading, when the Christians interrupted him, crying out that this was their own religion adulterated—that Fot was no other than Jesus himself disfigured, and that the Lamas were the Nestorians and the Manicheans disguised and bastardized.

-+-+-

. Of all the incarnations of this kind that God has hitherto taken, the greatest and most solemn was that in which he appeared thirty centuries ago in Kachemire, under the name of Fot or Beddou, to preach the doctrines of self-denial and self-annihilation."

Sin forme nôm wêre Jes-us, thach tha prestera thêr-im sêralik haeton hêton him Fo thaet is falx, thaet folk hête him Kris-en thaet is herder, aend sin Fryaske frjund hêta him Bûda, vmbe that hi in sin hâvad en skaet fon wisdom hêde aend in sin hirt en skaet fon ljavde.

His first name was Jes-us, but the priests, who hated him, called him Fo, that is, false; the people called him Kris-en, that is, shepherd; and his Frisian friend called him Buda, because he had in his head a treasure of wisdom, and in his heart a treasure of love.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 April 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#3642    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 April 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Faux:

Sin forme nôm wêre Jes-us, thach tha prestera thêr-im sêralik haeton hêton him Fo thaet is falx, thaet folk hête him Kris-en thaet is herder, aend sin Fryaske frjund hêta him Bûda, vmbe that hi in sin hâvad en skaet fon wisdom hêde aend in sin hirt en skaet fon ljavde.

His first name was Jes-us, but the priests, who hated him, called him Fo, that is, false; the people called him Kris-en, that is, shepherd; and his Frisian friend called him Buda, because he had in his head a treasure of wisdom, and in his heart a treasure of love.

So the author of the OLB made an association between the name of Buddha and the Dutch word buidel = sack.

#3643    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

if we are thinking that some changes were made in the 19th c , maybe because of OBL looking too Bible like in places , anyone considered whether lots those alle's and

elle's could have actually said alla , and could have been changed because they were too koran like , i have never been very happy with lots of those e's ........i could be

imagining it but lots seem feinter than the rest of the word , and could possibly be a different hand

#3644    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostKnul, on 20 April 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

So the author of the OLB made an association between the name of Buddha and the Dutch word buidel = sack.

I think it's like this: many Westerners confuse Budai with Gautama Buddha. And Budai means cloth sack.

The OLB  BUDA translates as purse or sack, which is very clear from the context (except in the burgh called BUDA)..

But nor in Old Frisian nor in Old Dutch, nor Old High German this word is used. Only in the hypothetical language Proto (or is it Pre-?) Germanic you have *budd-.   All the rest use "b.d.l"

And because I don't think the Fryans were in contact with the ancient Chinese, someone made a mistake while writing the OLB, and assumed, from reading Volney's "Les Ruines" plus his faulty knowledge of the "Laughing Buddha", BUDAI, that BUDA meant sack, and used it throughout the OLB.

+++

EDIT:

The complete blunder (or was it intentional??)  the writer of the OLB made by equating FO with "false" cannot be ignored.

Edited by Abramelin, 20 April 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#3645    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

In Tresoar page 4 , line 6 , under the letters in this line there is some colour , it looks like blue and orange , as if this line was illuminated at some time  ???

have you already dicussed this , or have any explanation for it ?   the letters also seem slightly smaller in this line.....weird

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users