Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5885 replies to this topic

#4021    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 May 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

Post 1975:

http://www.unexplain...65#entry4546369

Angelara sâ hêton mân to fora tha butafiskar
The Angelara were men heretofor called the Butafiskar

A Swedish Wiki about the Batavian Republic... and look how it is called in Swedish (and Danish, and Norse):

http://sv.wikipedia....iska_republiken

and i think its still related in some way to Vishnu , do you think these people at taxila or texali could have been pre-darwinian.........man evolved from the sea ..?
they were very , very involved theories they had.....Jainism and Aijivika and Carvaka all rejected Gods..... So how did they think life started

??..........What does the Buta part mean in frisian ??

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 20 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#4022    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

It means OUTSIDE or WITHOUT.

Edited by Abramelin, 21 May 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#4023    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

Abe --

I'm reading Orlando Furioso (which is a great read) and the current action is taking place in Friesland. I thought it was an amusing coincidence. No sign of ancient history, just sort of a dippy princess and a lot of angry peasant Frieslanders.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#4024    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 16 May 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

I have noticed something typical :

In the whole of the OLB the word for land is "land" or "lande", but only in the chapter about the "Hindoo" and the "Pangab" (Punjab) the form "lônd" is used.

Only just spotted this post of yours , must have missed it before .

haven't we discussed this before , when different people from different time zones write parts of the OLB , the spelling of words , or their word usage

changes , making it seem more likely that a different person has indeed written that section , but it does not really help , it could mean different people

wrote their own sections according to their experiences , or it could mean the forgers were exceedingly devious ?? .... didn't Puzzler say recently O with a hat

translated to a , so just a different hand/time zone from those using land, would be interesting to know if those using lande and land were

also supposed to be written by different people/times from each other . ??

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 21 May 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#4025    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 21 May 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

Abe --

I'm reading Orlando Furioso (which is a great read) and the current action is taking place in Friesland. I thought it was an amusing coincidence. No sign of ancient history, just sort of a dippy princess and a lot of angry peasant Frieslanders.

--Jaylemurph

I had to Google his name. The poem is from the 15th century, and I read about that Frisian king.

Who knows, maybe another possible source for some part of the OLB...?

#4026    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 21 May 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Only just spotted this post of yours , must have missed it before .

haven't we discussed this before , when different people from different time zones write parts of the OLB , the spelling of words , or their word usage

changes , making it seem more likely that a different person has indeed written that section , but it does not really help , it could mean different people

wrote their own sections according to their experiences , or it could mean the forgers were exceedingly devious ?? .... didn't Puzzler say recently O with a hat

translated to a , so just a different hand/time zone from those using land, would be interesting to know if those using lande and land were

also supposed to be written by different people/times from each other . ??

Well, that part of the OLB could  indeed have been written by someone from a different area, but I found it kind of typical you won't see that spelling of "land" anywhere else in the OLB, while all the rest of the words used in that part are the same as in other parts of the OLB.

If it was a different dialect, more words would have been spelled differently.

Edited by Abramelin, 21 May 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#4027    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I am reading on old Indian Saga at the moment ..Katha Sagit Sagara.....but its quite mythological in it's content .........but you know i am looking for OLB frisians

in India , there are a few mentions of Swans being taken as wives of kings , but also of Crows being overheard talking , i note you love your crows/ravens in

your avatars Abe , what is the significance....... if any ??.......... between crows and Scans....just wondering if this old book is hinting at fris/vikings ??

#4028    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

The significance of the crow in my avatar? None, I just like them. Some would say it's my 'totem', but nah.

#4029    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 27 December 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

1200 BCE again:

Abstract
Identified in April of 1995, and still without geologic definitive prove of its origin, it was applied to the Panela crater (PE)a multidisciplinary study to investigate its cosmic origin. From geometric data of the crater it was possible to determine the size of the meteoroid, direction and angle of fall of the meteor that formed it. The ray (300 km) of vision of its troposphere explosion and the projection of 1000 km of the bolides’ trajectory from the impact place were analyzed in the Northeast region of Brazil. Archaeological sites with presence of meteoritic rock art theme were mapped in this region. The relation of the observer’s position, the parallax and his view of the phenomenon in the sky were investigated on these prehistoric registers, from different sites. The analyses of the rock arts of these prehistoric sites are coherent for a cosmic phenomenon, a Tunguska like (1908) event for the Panela crater formation, the Tupana event, around the year 1200 B.C.

http://www.scribd.co...stronomy-Expert

The Panela Crater(field) is located in Pernambuco, Brazil, at the north-eastern shouldertip of South America.

And again (posted by "The_L" today (Paleontology forum) :

Rapid cooling triggered Bronze-Age collapse and Greek Dark Age
Of course the politically correct verbiage is “climate change.”

Between the 13th and 11th centuries BCE, most Greek Bronze Age Palatial centers were destroyed and/or abandoned throughout the Near East and Aegean, says this paper by Brandon L. Drake

A sharp increase in Northern Hemisphere temperatures preceded the wide-spread systems collapse, while a sharp decrease in temperatures occurred during their abandonment. (Neither of which, I am sure – the increase or the decrease – were caused by humans.)

Mediterranean Sea surface temperatures cooled rapidly during the Late Bronze Age, limiting freshwater flux into the atmosphere and thus reducing precipitation over land, says Drake, of the Department of Anthropology, University of New Mexico.

This cooling and ensuing aridity could have affected areas that were dependent upon high levels of agricultural productivity. The resulting crop declines would have made higher-density populations unsustainable.

Indeed, studies of data from the Mediterranean indicate that the Early Iron Age was more arid than the preceding Bronze Age. The prolonged arid conditions – a centuries-long megadrought, if you will –  lasted until the Roman Warm Period.

Those four centuries – known as the ‘Greek Dark Ages’ – were typified by low population levels, rural settlements, population migration, and limited long-distance trade.

The Late Bronze Age collapse is associated with the loss of writing systems such as Linear B, and the extinction of Hatti as both a written and spoken language. Writing and literacy do not return to the Aegean until the end of the ‘Greek Dark Ages’ in 8th century BCE with the spread of the Phoenecian alphabet.

The collapse of Palatial Civilization occurred in different places at different times. Many of these destructions have been attributed to human-causes. (We love to blame humans for climate-driven circumstances, don’t we?) Large population migrations took place, most famously with the incursions of the ‘Sea Peoples’ into the Nile Delta and the Levant.

In Egypt, several inscriptions detailed wars with ‘Sea People’ beginning in the reign of Ramses II (1279-1213 BCE). While population movements of the ‘Sea People’ were better documented in Egypt and the Levant, they have been tied to destabilization of the Aegean region as well.

More here:

http://iceagenow.inf...greek-dark-age/

#4030    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

The messsage here is: there are many clues that some (climatological) disaster had taken place around 1200 BCE,something UNknown in the 19th century, and that's why we don't find one single word about it in the OLB.

I have posted earlier that people in Europe went on the move around 1200 BCE, that countries were depopulated, wars ,unrest, general mayhem. And also around the Med (the Sea Peoples for instance).

The only thing from that period that shows up in the OLB is the mentioning of Ulysses sailing to Frisia.

#4031    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,665 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 23 May 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

The messsage here is: there are many clues that some (climatological) disaster had taken place around 1200 BCE,something UNknown in the 19th century, and that's why we don't find one single word about it in the OLB.

I have posted earlier that people in Europe went on the move around 1200 BCE, that countries were depopulated, wars ,unrest, general mayhem. And also around the Med (the Sea Peoples for instance).

The only thing from that period that shows up in the OLB is the mentioning of Ulysses sailing to Frisia.
Yes. The whole book could be wrong datewise but then Ulysses, in Trojan War time...so unless the Trojan War is also a different time...

It mentions this, which sounds to me a possible conciliation of the events in the Meditteranean. Cecrops time.

The sea-king of the Tyrians brought them altogether through the strait which at that time ran into the Red Sea (now re-established as the Suez Canal). At last they landed at the Punjab, called in our language the Five Rivers, because five rivers flow together to the sea. Here they settled, and called it Geertmania. The King of Tyre afterwards, seeing that all his best sailors were gone, sent all his ships with his wild soldiers to catch them, dead or alive. When they arrived at the strait, both the sea and the earth trembled. The land was upheaved so that all the water ran out of the strait, and the muddy shores were raised up like a rampart. This happened on account of the virtues of the Geertmen, as every one can plainly understand.

The changes of 1200BC might not have had an effect on the Fryans overall.

Edited by The Puzzler, 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#4032    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 24 May 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yes. The whole book could be wrong datewise but then Ulysses, in Trojan War time...so unless the Trojan War is also a different time...

It mentions this, which sounds to me a possible conciliation of the events in the Meditteranean. Cecrops time.

The sea-king of the Tyrians brought them altogether through the strait which at that time ran into the Red Sea (now re-established as the Suez Canal). At last they landed at the Punjab, called in our language the Five Rivers, because five rivers flow together to the sea. Here they settled, and called it Geertmania. The King of Tyre afterwards, seeing that all his best sailors were gone, sent all his ships with his wild soldiers to catch them, dead or alive. When they arrived at the strait, both the sea and the earth trembled. The land was upheaved so that all the water ran out of the strait, and the muddy shores were raised up like a rampart. This happened on account of the virtues of the Geertmen, as every one can plainly understand.

The changes of 1200BC might not have had an effect on the Fryans overall.

What you described happened 4 centuries earlier (the Suez Canal story).

View PostAbramelin, on 23 May 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Edited by Abramelin, 24 May 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#4033    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,665 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 May 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

What you described happened 4 centuries earlier (the Suez Canal story).

OK, yes, 10 times 12 + 24 makes it around 1600BC back then.

Thera eruption, I think Alewyn said.

We don't know of any changes in climate in the Med. at 1200BC really, (drought at c. 800-650BC) some Sea People appeared, the Hittites broke down with the Mycenaeans and the Dark Ages of the Med. began, but I see no real need for any changes such as earthquakes or anything to have occurred and be mentioned as part of this kind of book.

Any opinion of Credo for Crete, considering it's the first word spoken by the Apostles. Unusual connection imo, with the first word spoken co-incidence. creta isn't in the Frisian dictionary nor an English word. creda would be creta if the sailors said it, which they did name it, Minno's crew named Crete.

Edited by The Puzzler, 24 May 2013 - 11:46 AM.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#4034    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 24 May 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

OK, yes, 10 times 12 + 24 makes it around 1600BC back then.

Thera eruption, I think Alewyn said.

We don't know of any changes in climate in the Med. at 1200BC really, (drought at c. 800-650BC) some Sea People appeared, the Hittites broke down with the Mycenaeans and the Dark Ages of the Med. began, but I see no real need for any changes such as earthquakes or anything to have occurred and be mentioned as part of this kind of book.

Any opinion of Credo for Crete, considering it's the first word spoken by the Apostles. Unusual connection imo, with the first word spoken co-incidence. creta isn't in the Frisian dictionary nor an English word. creda would be creta if the sailors said it, which they did name it, Minno's crew named Crete.

We know a whole lot more about what happened around 1200 BCE. Just read my former posts about it (see the links I posted). Something major was going on. I am not even talking about earthquakes, but whatever happened, people went on the move, wars broke out, countries were depopulated, and so on.

Events a lot minor compared to this were socalled recorded in the OLB, and around 1200 BCE the Fryans stll were much part of Europe.

==

"creda would be creta if the sailors said it, which they did name it, Minno's crew named Crete."

The sailors named it Kreta after the screams (singular: KRETE , plural: KRETA) the inhabitants uttered upon their arrival. That's the explanation the OLB gives us.

The word may not be in the Old Frisian dictionary, but it sure is an Old Germanic word, only maybe not used that much by the Old Frisians  ( = 10th century CE).

#4035    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

CREDO is the first word spoken by the Apostles, but the KRETA were not 'spoken':

OLB:
Tha-k althus wêi faren was mith mina ljvd fon Athenia, kêmon wi to tha lesta an en êland thrvch min ljvd Krêta hêten vm-a wilda krêta tham et folk anhyv by vsa kvmste.

Dutch:
Toen ik aldus weg (ge)varen was met mijn lieden van Athenia, kwamen we te(n langen) leste aan bij een eiland door mijn lieden Kreta (ge)heten om de wilde kreten dat het volk aanhief bij onze komst.

Sandbach:
When I came away from Athenia with my followers, we arrived at an island named by my crew Kreta, because of the cries that the inhabitants raised on our arrival.

Mine:
when I had thus sailed away with my people from Athenia, we finally arrived at an island called Kreta by my people because of the wild cries that the inhabitants raised on our arrival.

+++

EDIT:

The word may even come from Vulgar Latin:

cry (v.)
early 13c., "beg, implore," from Old French crier, from Vulgar Latin *critare, from Latin quiritare "to wail, shriek" (source of Italian gridare, Old Spanish cridar, Spanish and Portuguese gritar), of uncertain origin; perhaps a variant of quirritare "to squeal like a pig," from *quis, echoic of squealing, despite ancient folk etymology that traces it to "call for the help of the Quirites," the Roman constabulary. The meaning was extended 13c. to weep, which it largely replaced by 16c. Related: Cried; crying.

http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

'To cry' in (Middle and Modern) Dutch is "krijten" and "krijsen"

What's interesting is that it only shows up in Middle Dutch (and later) and Middle High German (and later), not in Old German(ic) as I said before. And of course in the earlier Vulgar Latin.

Edited by Abramelin, 24 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users