Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Debunking chemtrails and chemclouds

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Debunking chemtrails and chemclouds
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 08:10s

This video explores the chemtrails conspiracy and whether or not something sinister is going on.

#2    Consumer

Consumer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

This topic annoys me...yet another thing that could or could not be true.  If it is all the government has to say is, "No, it's not at all true".  Then what....we move on? No, we still can't move on because the gov. has lied before.  But, let's say it's not true.  Now we don't believe the gov. anyway from previous lies so we continue to waste our time on this topic, like many others in the same category.

#3    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,974 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

This topic annoys me as well.

Nothing but claptrap.

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,868 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Nothing but claptrap despite the patents taken out for the process, the footage of jets spraying them, and my own eyes wittnesing them criscrossing the sky?  I grew up in what used to be known as Jet city, I know what a contrail looks like and how long they last before dissapating (10-15 minutes). Chemtrails definetly exist.  Exactly what they are composed of or what they are for is the question.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by OverSword, 18 May 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#5    Paul Rubino

Paul Rubino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

• http://www.illuminutti.com - fun with conspiracies and conspiracists

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

The creator of this video (me) has a web site: http://illuminutti.com/

#6    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,844 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostOverSword, on 18 May 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Nothing but claptrap despite the patents taken out for the process
Which patents exactly?  Ones for crop-dusting, or the idea that we could change the planet's climate by 'stuff' introduced at high altitudes?  neither of those are what is being claimed by 'chem'trail conspiracists.  Please be specific, and then explain how this patent is evidence for the large scale spraying claimed by 'chem'trail proponents.

the footage of jets spraying them
Please explain the difference between a chemtrail and contrail and how you identified these trails as NOT contrails.

and my own eyes wittnesing them criscrossing the sky?
And what the heck else should they do, as multiple passenger jets at contrail levels travel the same paths, and the upper level winds displace the trails sideways between flights?

I grew up in what used to be known as Jet city, I know what a contrail looks like
Please explain the difference between a contrail and chemtrail, with CITED illustrations.

and how long they last before dissapating (10-15 minutes).
Oh, NO.  Please tell me you didn't say that...  Listen carefully...

At altitudes of (usually) over 25,000feet, the conditions are OFTEN conducive to contrails.  (And CLOUDS, because that essentially is what a contrail is).  As a jet passes through the upper atmosphere, introducing LOTS of water vapour (and a small amount of combustion residue) one of three things WILL happen:

1. It will leave NO, or very short trails. (that will happen when the conditions are not right, ie the humidity, dewpoint, pressure and temperature are NOT causing 'saturation')

2. It will leave trails that very gradually dissipate (ie the conditions are near saturation)

3. It will leave trails that last for long periods, or that grow into banks of cirrus clouds (if the conditions are at or over saturation or 'supersaturated')

Feel free to dispute any of that with logic, but it is correct.  Not only that, but it is the exact same process that causes cirrus clouds - the only difference being that 'normal' cirrus clouds develop without the need for introduction of vapour via a jet exhaust.

If anyone states that contrails always dissipate, they are effectively saying that clouds CANNOT exist - because clouds form using the exact same process as a contrail, and they develop into cloud banks in exactly the same way that contrails can cause.

This is REALLY basic meteorology..

Chemtrails definetly exist.  Exactly what they are composed of or what they are for is the question.
At ground level for crop-dusting, and at cloud levels for rain seeding, yes, they occasionally do.  But if you claim there is a large scale clandestine chemtrail program underway, answer me this:  WHY has no-one ever been able document a trail existing where weather conditions would make it impossible?

It's easy to positively identify aircraft over US airspace using Flightaware and similar.  From that you can also get their altitude, verifiable by simple checks against flight paths and normal flight trajectories.  And then you can use one of the high level weather recording services, like the excellent one provided by the University of Wyoming.

So with an ordinary camcorder and a bit of evidence of where you are and when you are filming, you could prove a contrail is something else.  Yet no-one has.  Not even the poster boys for chemtrails, Carnicom and Thomas (who still haven't told anyone what happened to the $6K they collected for upper air sampling that never went ahead..).  It's a topic for charlatans preying on the ill-informed.

The trails are CONtrails.  Provably so.  You claim chemtrails?  Collect the simple data to prove it.  You will be disappointed to find that your trail-leaving flights are in conditions that are just right for contrails.

They look like a duck, they waddle like a duck, they quack like a duck, and they are in duck country.  So they are.. ?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#7    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Agreed Chrlzs.   I thought we had debated this one to death not so long ago. :)

#8    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,844 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 19 May 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Agreed Chrlzs.   I thought we had debated this one to death not so long ago. :)

There's always a new 'believer' wanting to support it.. Any conspiracy will do, it seems, no matter how ridiculous..

Thing is, the way the chemtrail believers keep rolling out that absolutely ridiculous claim about 'real' contrails dissipating after 10-15 minutes... you have to wonder whether it is just a troll, or perhaps it is either Carnicom or Thomas themselves, who started that particular idiocy.

As I said above, if you believe all genuine contrails will dissipate quickly, then clouds must do the same - ergo, there must never be clouds that last more than 15 minutes.  Funny, but that just doesn't seem to be in line with my experience..  {Puts on tinfoil hat}
But wait, that can only mean one thing!!  ALL clouds must be chemtrails!!!  Run away!!!!!!

Edited by Chrlzs, 19 May 2012 - 10:14 AM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#9    Frazzill

Frazzill

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Seek & U shall find

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

google wheather modification-  there is a REAL company online that even has pics of the planes & the airisole cartridges they use- all you need do is look up in the sky- I see chemtrails DAILY, they are the ones that spread out wide to eventually look like clouds- they start & stop which a "contrail" doesn't do. Something IS going on. You can see the spray comming from the wings in a 2 to four line white trail. I'll post some of my pics N u decide for yourself. I've been watching the sky for almost a half a century- the clouds look different lately- VERY different, with dripping things, odd rainbow toxic looking glows, & not like they have my whole lifetime...

#10    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,844 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostFrazzill, on 25 May 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

google wheather modification-  there is a REAL company online that even has pics of the planes & the airisole cartridges they use- all you need do is look up in the sky- I see chemtrails DAILY, they are the ones that spread out wide to eventually look like clouds- they start & stop which a "contrail" doesn't do. Something IS going on. You can see the spray comming from the wings in a 2 to four line white trail. I'll post some of my pics N u decide for yourself. I've been watching the sky for almost a half a century- the clouds look different lately- VERY different, with dripping things, odd rainbow toxic looking glows, & not like they have my whole lifetime...

Did you read any of the thread?  Before posting your pictures of CONTRAILS I suggest you do, and apply a little credulity.

I repeat: ANYONE who thinks that contrails do not spread, is telling us that they do not accept that CLOUDS grow either - please THINK about what you are claiming.  CONTRAILS ARE THE SAME COMPOSITION AS CLOUDS - they dissipate or grow in exactly the same way clouds do.. according to the current conditions at that altitude.

As an aside, have other forummers noticed that people who read about contrails (or planet x, or insert other conspiracy) suddenly start looking up and seeing things they should have noticed long ago, had they actually been interested in their environment?

Hands up those who haven't seen sundogs  or rain-induced refractions in clouds ('rainbow-looking glows' - non-toxic)?
Posted ImagePosted ImageImages from bad astronomy blog, discover magazine

'Dripping' clouds?
Posted Image
Image from Wikipedia

Are those anything to do with supposed 'chemtrails'?

Anyway, for those with their hands up, you need to get out more... and while out, actually OBSERVE.  And if you are interested in clouds and contrails, actually RESEARCH the topic.  Preferably first...

___

#11    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I saw these contrails in southern France, in the 70's of the past century.

Sometimes they did indeed stay visible for almost a day.

But who am I, eh? I must be working for the government of course.

#12    Frazzill

Frazzill

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Seek & U shall find

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

I actually OBSERVE way more than most people, answer this if you can, how come the dripping clouds have only been around RECENTLY? same goes for the toxic looking rainbow colored clouds that are not rainbows??? I have had to travel for the last 25 years daily 150 - 300 miles a DAY! So, I am speaking from what I've viewed DAILY driving most of the day in the daylight hours. If YOU did a little more research you would find out more yourself. No website can replace what I've seen with my OWN eyes over the years-

#13    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,833 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostFrazzill, on 28 May 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I actually OBSERVE way more than most people, answer this if you can, how come the dripping clouds have only been around RECENTLY? same goes for the toxic looking rainbow colored clouds that are not rainbows??? I have had to travel for the last 25 years daily 150 - 300 miles a DAY! So, I am speaking from what I've viewed DAILY driving most of the day in the daylight hours. If YOU did a little more research you would find out more yourself. No website can replace what I've seen with my OWN eyes over the years-
I have been here for 6 years and I know more information than you and other members.

#14    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostFrazzill, on 28 May 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

By 'Dripping' clouds one can only assume you mean those known as 'jellyfish' clouds (for obvious reasons) and they have been around as long as there has been an atmosphere on this planet!
Check out the following link. http://cloudapprecia...s=jellyfish&g=1
As for rainbow coloured clouds that are not rainbows, I have photographed plenty and they can be seen at the following link.  http://lightningandnature.weebly.com/clouds.html
Known as iridescent clouds.
What you have seen with your own eyes are perfectly natural cloud formations (and contrails). And IF YOU had done a little more research you would have found all this out.
If for any reason these are not the cloud types you are referring to, please give photographic examples, or a link where one can find them.

edit......typo.
second edt....correction to link
edit to add....another link to iridescence with over 200 photogrpahs >    http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/find-a-cloud/#p=1&t=cloud124&i=0

Edited by Englishgent, 28 May 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#15    Frazzill

Frazzill

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Seek & U shall find

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

25 years trumps 6 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users