Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Non-Hispanic US white births now the minority

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 May 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

That is willing to assimilate, pledge to the flag, protect the constitution, cut all ties from old country, declare themselves an American, and willing to serve America are Americans. Those that doesn't do this are not American and everything but American. There is a reason many people say Speak English or shut the hell up... because you are suppose to assimilate, become part of our community instead of replace it with your own. Being born here doesn't make you American, it just makes you an potential American. Being an American is what I stated before...

I suggest you read the constitution as this is perfectly and colossally incorrect. It's sad that there are people who actually believe this.

Edited by ninjadude, 20 May 2012 - 06:49 PM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postninjadude, on 20 May 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

I suggest you read the constitution as this is perfectly and colossally incorrect. It's sad that there are people who actually believe this.

Dude its called the melding pot for a reason:

http://www.thefreedi...ary.com/melding

Assimilation is what America was all about ....becoming American

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#18    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

The more I think about it the more angry the above post is making me. While I am not the xenophobe my parents raised me to be I still find your thought process extremely offensive and naive. When people move into a nation and insert their own culture, language, religion etc. they're not immigrants, theyre invaders.

#19    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,012 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

But, don't you at least agree, people should learn the language of the county that they are moving to?

I mean, if I am planning to visit another country, I make at least a minimal attempt to understand a few phrases...if for no other reason than to ask where I can find a bathroom. :P

And maybe I am too nosey or paranoid, but I like to understand what people are saying around me. I wouldn't want to move into a community set up just for people like me. It would isolate, not comfort, me in a way that I'm not used to. I like being part of a diverse community where we all learn from each other.

#20    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,711 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 20 May 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

The more I think about it the more angry the above post is making me. While I am not the xenophobe my parents raised me to be I still find your thought process extremely offensive and naive. When people move into a nation and insert their own culture, language, religion etc. they're not immigrants, theyre invaders.

Wow, the US of A... a country full of invaders.

Think about that.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#21    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

As always...Q-mark has a tone of logic and temperance.  This "IS" supposed to be the great melting pot...it is something we have touted through the years....I am not afraid of it...hell...I look forward to becoming a minority so I can get on that government teat.

In all seriousness....this should not be surprising and it should not be alarming....it is who we are....we are....everyone...and no one....all at the same time.  The religous right wing got all up in this birth contro thing over this...they were afraid that us "wasps" would be bread out (wasp = white anglo saxon protestant).  Maybe we should be bread out....if that is the will of the universe so be it....I really don't care.  I want my daughters to have a great life...I want them to prosper and if they choose...have kids themselves...(doubt that is going to happen though).

My girls are clever, worldly and they view the world from bigger eyes than I personally ever had....and I am proud of them for that.  This "war" is a joke....we are all humans....so what if the tide shifts.....all things happen for a reason and it could happen no other way....it will all work out....I am not afraid of that....so what...maybe one day we all end up being green with big eyes and black hair...so what?

#22    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 20 May 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Wow, the US of A... a country full of invaders.

Think about that.

Yeah at least the founding fathers had the balls to fight the indians :rolleyes:

#23    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,711 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 20 May 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yeah at least the founding fathers had the balls to fight the indians :rolleyes:

I see, challenging the invaders to shoot you? Careful what you wish for: you might get it.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#24    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 20 May 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Dude its called the melding pot for a reason:

http://www.thefreedi...ary.com/melding

Assimilation is what America was all about ....becoming American

Sorry not in the constitution nor is it in any law.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#25    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 20 May 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

everywhere but in the US. But that's beside the point. People born in the US are Americans. Period. To state otherwise is ignorant. Some of your other "requirements" to be American are wrong as well and ignorant of facts and law.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostMichelle, on 20 May 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

But, don't you at least agree, people should learn the language of the county that they are moving to?

I mean, if I am planning to visit another country, I make at least a minimal attempt to understand a few phrases...if for no other reason than to ask where I can find a bathroom. :P

And maybe I am too nosey or paranoid, but I like to understand what people are saying around me. I wouldn't want to move into a community set up just for people like me. It would isolate, not comfort, me in a way that I'm not used to. I like being part of a diverse community where we all learn from each other.

in fact, most immigrants do for the very reasons you suggest. But it is not LAW. And it is NOT required to be an American. Because if you are born here you are automatically a citizen.

Edited by ninjadude, 20 May 2012 - 07:48 PM.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#27    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postninjadude, on 20 May 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

everywhere but in the US. But that's beside the point. People born in the US are Americans. Period. To state otherwise is ignorant. Some of your other "requirements" to be American are wrong as well and ignorant of facts and law.

Oh I wasnt saying they're legal requirements. I do believe that when the constitution was written it was a given that people would want to assimilate and I believe that the vast majority of the laws on the books were written with the spirit of assimilation in mind.

#28    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Why do you fear skin color?  I have read thru these posts and I said my peace above but I am still marveling at the people that are genuinely afraid....what are you scared of?  I have lots of friends....point of fact...most of my best friends are of alternative origins.....no seriously...

have a friend who is Jamaican...I have another who is puerto Rican...I have a friend who is mexican...another who is Ukrainien.....these guys are my buds man.,...we would kill someone for each other...how can you not consider them "american"....it stuns me....sure, I have some good-ole boy friends to....but guess who I call when the chips are down and I know I need to count on someone....it's not the rednecks.....

#29    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostDamrod, on 20 May 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Why do you fear skin color?  I have read thru these posts and I said my peace above but I am still marveling at the people that are genuinely afraid....what are you scared of?  I have lots of friends....point of fact...most of my best friends are of alternative origins.....no seriously...

have a friend who is Jamaican...I have another who is puerto Rican...I have a friend who is mexican...another who is Ukrainien.....these guys are my buds man.,...we would kill someone for each other...how can you not consider them "american"....it stuns me....sure, I have some good-ole boy friends to....but guess who I call when the chips are down and I know I need to count on someone....it's not the rednecks.....

Woooooahhh there skippy. Why does speaking english as your primary language make you a redneck ? It has nothing to do with skin color, that's a straw man, because if Russian immigration was a problem (as it is in AK) then you would hear people b****ing about how they don't assimilate.

If you study immigration in America you'll see that at no time in our history has any large influx of immigrants come, like the Mexicans, and not learned the language and customs. Even the Chinese who were treated horribly when they came here in the 1800's, realized how LUCKY they were to be part of America and the importance of assimilation in order to reach the highest levels of success they possibly could.

For whatever reason the late 20th and early 21st century immigrants feel the nation should accommodate them, in essence they are assimilating America not the other way around.

#30    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Well you are absolutely entitled to that perspective...mine is just different.  My friend Ed...he was a Ukrainian immigrant....he was one of the best friends I ever had...there was nothing he wouldn't do if you needed help.  Sadly Ed was killed recently in a car crash and I wept....he was my friend...and I miss him.   I remember helping Ed get his papers in order.  You see...he came to this country illegally....he was a sailor on a Soviet warship after having been a Soviet Soldier in Afghanistan.  Their warship rolled up on a nuetral trawler...and was checking papers...when the warship started to pull away, Ed and his friend jumped overboard....and swam to the fishing vessel....just at the edge of American waters.

The fishing vessel could have just kept going but they mpicked him and his friend up and headed straight into American waters....that is how he got here....he declared politcal asylum and was given a chance....

I know many-many stories like this....my Jamaican friend, my Puerto-Rican friend...my Mexican friend....I even have a friend from El Salvador and he has stories that will make your hair turn grey.  We have been blessed here and we do not need to deny that to others....makes my heart heavy when I hear people talk about sealing our borders....wtf man....these are human beings...and they are my friends....and guess what?...they have families too

Edited by Damrod, 20 May 2012 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users