Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Woman burned after picking up rocks at beach

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 19 May 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

"Liar, liar, pants on fire!" With apologies to the feminists, maybe she was just hot. With apologies to everyone, 'did she get her rocks off?'

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#17    tejo.diaz

tejo.diaz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 29 June 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

3 days earlier from when?  This thread is from 2012, as your link is in Spanish it sheds no light for me .... and I am a little concerned that a link in Spanish is being provided to an English speaking audience ....

Obviously they made an error regarding the timing of the news, and I didn't check properly, mea culpa.  So, this second episode occurred 1 year later than the one in California.
Here is the translation:

LaRed21
Technology
Listening
Jazz Blues
Reggae Chill Out

Initiation
Last Moment
Community
Policy
Economy
Sports
World
Culture
Health
Science and Technology
Interviews
Videos
Creeper @ s

Sunday June 30, 2013
Listen to the Radio
Sign in
Register

Mystery
"Hot stones" discovered in Piriapolis now appear in California
What seemed at first a mystery without major future prospects gained new momentum when registering similar phenomenon in the United States, where a woman was burned by several stones collected on the beach, it suddenly caught fire causing him burns of second and third degree .
Sunday June 23, 2013 | 21:00

Playa Verde in Piriapolis

In our country the previous week, a fisherman  picked up a stone, on the Playa Verde, near Piriapolis, and put it in your pocket without. Shortly after and suddenly the stone burned in a violent and unexpected, burning the clothes and slightly the fisherman. He informed the  Piriapolis Maritime Prefecture of the occurrence, afraid that someone else might be in danger. The object had disintegrated completely. Forensic Technical Institute dismissed in the last hours, the stone would have had any radioactive material, but little has moved beyond that in the subject.
Now something very similar happens in California

A woman of 43, who visited San Onofre Beach, in Orange County, California, was with his children collecting stones, which were keeping in their pockets, without further detail. When returning walking home when they were suddenly as all witnesses, flames started coming out of one of the pockets of the woman, who tried without success to take what I had saved. Her husband and children helped, but the lady had already experienced burns of second and third degree for which had to be assisted at a local clinic. Scientists investigating the matter surrounding areas, but so far have failed to respond finished the mystery, as published by the portal LeaNoticias.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,605 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

So there has been a second incidence of someone picking up burning stones of unknown origin, that is interesting.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    tejo.diaz

tejo.diaz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

View Posttejo.diaz, on 30 June 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Obviously they made an error regarding the timing of the news, and I didn't check properly, mea culpa.  So, this second episode occurred 1 year later than the one in California.
Here is the translation:

LaRed21
Technology
Listening
Jazz Blues
Reggae Chill Out

Initiation
Last Moment
Community
Policy
Economy
Sports
World
Culture
Health
Science and Technology
Interviews
Videos
Creeper @ s

Sunday June 30, 2013
Listen to the Radio
Sign in
Register

Mystery
"Hot stones" discovered in Piriapolis now appear in California
What seemed at first a mystery without major future prospects gained new momentum when registering similar phenomenon in the United States, where a woman was burned by several stones collected on the beach, it suddenly caught fire causing him burns of second and third degree .
Sunday June 23, 2013 | 21:00

Playa Verde in Piriapolis

In our country the previous week, a fisherman  picked up a stone, on the Playa Verde, near Piriapolis, and put it in your pocket without. Shortly after and suddenly the stone burned in a violent and unexpected, burning the clothes and slightly the fisherman. He informed the  Piriapolis Maritime Prefecture of the occurrence, afraid that someone else might be in danger. The object had disintegrated completely. Forensic Technical Institute dismissed in the last hours, the stone would have had any radioactive material, but little has moved beyond that in the subject.
Now something very similar happens in California

A woman of 43, who visited San Onofre Beach, in Orange County, California, was with his children collecting stones, which were keeping in their pockets, without further detail. When returning walking home when they were suddenly as all witnesses, flames started coming out of one of the pockets of the woman, who tried without success to take what I had saved. Her husband and children helped, but the lady had already experienced burns of second and third degree for which had to be assisted at a local clinic. Scientists investigating the matter surrounding areas, but so far have failed to respond finished the mystery, as published by the portal LeaNoticias.

And in the Philipines in 2011:

A stone white phosphorous has left a serious injury to a young
Posted on January 14, 2011 by Armis Download
Share Tweet

A scientific experiment in which paper burns with a piece of white phosphorus over

Christian San Andres, found a stone when he was playing in a lagoon of the village of Bulalacao, Oriental Mindoro Province. Out of curiosity, being a rare stone, put it in your pocket to take home as a souvenir. Suddenly the stone ignited causing a severe burn on the left leg of the young who was then only nine years. At 16, the burn has become a very serious wound.

This stone waxy, which the inhabitants of life is attributed Bulalacao white phosphorus, an artificial substance. Must be in water as soon ignites on contact with oxygen. According to research, the substance used to be used in wars and in chemicals such as fertilizer, poison for mice and matches.

Scientific studies have proven that white phosphorus may cause a burn from second to third grade. In addition, the smoke irritates the eyes and lungs by breathing. Excessive production of smoke can also cause burns.

It is assumed that the stone of Christian white phosphorus was found by the time of World War II and other wars. It is a fact that American soldiers used white phosphorus in the production of bombs.

Currently, the family temporarily resides in San Andres Manila to seek financial support to heal the wound of Christian. The worsening of the injury means that the substance still remaining in the skin of the victim and burned every time there is contact with atmospheric oxygen.

#20    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,605 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

View Posttejo.diaz, on 30 June 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Currently, the family temporarily resides in San Andres Manila to seek financial support to heal the wound of Christian. The worsening of the injury means that the substance still remaining in the skin of the victim and burned every time there is contact with atmospheric oxygen.
Wow, that's just horrible.  He clearly needs intense medical intervention to clean the wound and remove all residual traces of the phosphorous from the area, although it begs the question - has it entered his system?  And if so, could it manifest elsewhere at some point, such as the lungs?

I hope they get the support they need, I can't believe they have to beg for finances to get medical help for this it doesn't seem right.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#21    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostRobbie333, on 17 May 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I cannot wait to find out what "the rocks" were. Amazing and scarey.
I don' think they will manage to find anything out of the ordinary though.

I did here a similar story, but the guy had put the foil of some chewing gum in the same pocket as a lithium battery from his camera!

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#22    Dougward5

Dougward5

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

The  same thing happened in Florida right before the " zombie " attack . i am not suggesting the two were connected ...there were some video's  going around that also mentioned a barrel of toxic waste of some form washing ashore around the same time. I have NOT researched this so it could be a fraud but I did find a link with a little bit of the news footage.

#23    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm eyeing all the rocks I've collected on the beach over the years...

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users