Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Investigators - Why "Lights out" ?


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    nara

nara

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:06 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Volunteer state

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

The only thing I can think of would be the ability to see mists and other things more clearly, but even that doesn't really make sense since there are countless photos of supposed mists and apparitions that were taken during the day.  I think it's just for the creepy factor.

:D

#17    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

There are many factors involved that I consider and valid reasons why I investigate at night and on weekends.

There are less chances of contamination to your investigations after business hours. Its quiet, less noise at night. The fewer the people involved the better. Its not proper to conduct an investigation during business hours when customers are present. I think its rude and unprofessional. Customers might feel uncomfortable about it. I would think if its a business, they would get worried about losing customers over a team of paranormal investigators investigating for ghosts. Its not exactly a subject that everyone advertises. Most clients request investigations to be confidential and it should be at all times.

Depending on where you are investigating there are other things to take into consideration. If its near a road, during the day there is more traffic noise.

I don't always turn the lights off. You cannot turn all the lights off in some places all the time.

Many Paranormal Investigators say activity heightens at night because people are more aware at night, they are calmer.

I don't MOCK TV shows and copy cat what they do. I do it at night for my own reasons that I explained above.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#18    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

So most of the sites you investigate are businesses and other high traffic areas.  I can see some of your reasoning for going at night and they make good enough sense.  But you should be turning lights on always, never off.  There is zero evidence or even speculation that more ghosts are encountered at night let alone "lights out"

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#19    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 25 May 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

So most of the sites you investigate are businesses and other high traffic areas.  I can see some of your reasoning for going at night and they make good enough sense.  But you should be turning lights on always, never off.  There is zero evidence or even speculation that more ghosts are encountered at night let alone "lights out"

I see you've been following along with my research. :tu:  I know I'm not the only one who's stated this however, I like to feel I'm making some sort of a difference. ^_^


#20    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

I would have to say that "NOISE" and "TRAFFIC LIGHT" are one of the most biggest contamination you want stay away from. A suggestion to control contaminating light would be block out the windows with a black cloth.

I visit my clients during the day at times and do take photos and some video. If I am given permission to do so.

I said this in a topic before, but it is extremely difficult to have a 100% controlled environment when you investigate "ANY" location whether its a home or a business. I look for ways to give my clients the best and most thorough investigation.

Private homes are different. I'd be glad to do an investigation in the day time for a private residence. But I don't see many business's letting you do that. They aren't going to close business for you. If you do a day time investigation, there is more risk of any contamination's to take into consideration. Traffic noise, people noise, sun flare & reflections.

If you want to conduct a more scientific "controlled" environment I think doing an investigation at night for a business is the way to go.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#21    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,679 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Gonna toss in my two cents...

Why Lights out? Tradition. Before we had recording equipment and electric lights, it was tradition for ghosts to be out at night, to be summoned to a lone candle flame or warded off by bonfires. The night is going to eat you and all that fun stuff.

Why do we do it now? Cuz darkness makes for better TV than light does :)

I like the way Colorado and his group goes about things, checking it out day and night. I'm of the like notion that if ghosts are gonna pop up, it could happen at any time.


#22    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Postrashore, on 25 May 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Gonna toss in my two cents...

Why Lights out? Tradition. Before we had recording equipment and electric lights, it was tradition for ghosts to be out at night, to be summoned to a lone candle flame or warded off by bonfires. The night is going to eat you and all that fun stuff.

Why do we do it now? Cuz darkness makes for better TV than light does :)

I like the way Colorado and his group goes about things, checking it out day and night. I'm of the like notion that if ghosts are gonna pop up, it could happen at any time.

You are correct! :tu:

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#23    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Ya Ecto, I am actually in agreement with your points about nighttime being less active with human interference etc.  I just think "lights out" is something that groups should steer clear of as there is no particular benefit and plenty of drawbacks.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#24    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wow, we actually agree on something? lmao!

Honestly, you can turn a location into the night vision effect without turning the lights off. A colleague of mine proved it and did it with some special lighting to make the room look green. :yes:

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#25    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

View Postrashore, on 25 May 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Gonna toss in my two cents...

Why Lights out? Tradition. Before we had recording equipment and electric lights, it was tradition for ghosts to be out at night, to be summoned to a lone candle flame or warded off by bonfires. The night is going to eat you and all that fun stuff.

Why do we do it now? Cuz darkness makes for better TV than light does :)

I like the way Colorado and his group goes about things, checking it out day and night. I'm of the like notion that if ghosts are gonna pop up, it could happen at any time.

Thank you! The last few comments almost bring a tear to my eye with the cohesiveness between us all! :lol:  lol I kid but it is a welcome surprise!


#26    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I just want to clarify my last two replies.

Just because those are my reasons and I think are pretty valid and common sense, does not mean I follow TV shows format or methods. I hope I did not give everyone that impression. We don't follow or mock any of them. Our methods are used with our own reasons.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#27    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,926 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 May 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:



Many Paranormal Investigators say activity heightens at night because people are more aware at night, they are calmer.



I would say the opposite....

A study on being tired driving resulted in similar reaction times to drunk drivers.

More calm?......More tired, leading to more imagination.....

Just me?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#28    nara

nara

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:06 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Volunteer state

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 May 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

There are many factors involved that I consider and valid reasons why I investigate at night and on weekends.

There are less chances of contamination to your investigations after business hours. Its quiet, less noise at night. The fewer the people involved the better. Its not proper to conduct an investigation during business hours when customers are present. I think its rude and unprofessional. Customers might feel uncomfortable about it. I would think if its a business, they would get worried about losing customers over a team of paranormal investigators investigating for ghosts. Its not exactly a subject that everyone advertises. Most clients request investigations to be confidential and it should be at all times.

Depending on where you are investigating there are other things to take into consideration. If its near a road, during the day there is more traffic noise.

I don't always turn the lights off. You cannot turn all the lights off in some places all the time.

Many Paranormal Investigators say activity heightens at night because people are more aware at night, they are calmer.

I don't MOCK TV shows and copy cat what they do. I do it at night for my own reasons that I explained above.

Doing an investigation at night only makes sense, since there's less contamination, but what I'm saying is why does it have to be in the dark?

:D

#29    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostEcto76, on 25 May 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Wow, we actually agree on something? lmao!

Honestly, you can turn a location into the night vision effect without turning the lights off. A colleague of mine proved it and did it with some special lighting to make the room look green. :yes:

Read my reply here Nara... it doesn't always have to be in the dark. You can turn a room or location completely green with special lighting. Therefore creating your own night vision.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#30    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,679 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Going to play devils advocate for the dark for a moment..

I think if a group is doing an investigation that they are getting data from various light and dark conditions.. A complete lights out could be helpful. Sometimes stuff only shows up in total darkness. Like some light bouncing into the house from passing car headlights, that sort of thing.

A good example of this is moving or glowing headstones- The phenomena only happens at night because it's car headlights bouncing off the stone that causes the effect.
It happens in houses too- you don't notice headlight light bouncing in your house when the house lights are on, but you notice it when the house lights are off. Or sometimes you do notice it when your houselights are on, and you get that odd corner of the eye ghost sighting. When all the house lights are off, it becomes apparent pretty quickly if it's an exterior moving light causing the sighting or not.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users