Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Farmington Aramada 1950

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

I ran out of things to say about the "Farmington Armada", which was certainly a real event, but if the military or anyone else ever investigated it at the time none of the records are available.
I just know I get speeding tickets ever signal time I drive thru there on my way to Durango Colo. THey know my banking number by heart ! Cha-Ching ! But what the HEy ! IT helps the local econ.
ANd Im always in a hurry to Hit the Slopes ! :tu:
P.S. as for the Sightings ? Well thats just a guess If that ever happened !

This is a Work in Progress!

#17    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

I don't doubt that Farmington was real since the UFOs were also seen in Las Vegas, New Mexico.  In fact, it might be one of the largest mass witness cases in history.  James McDonald found plenty of witnesses to these events when he did his investigation many years later.

There is a very brief video about it:

#18    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

We can only keep Looking up Mac-G ! Keep Looking up mate ! :clap:

#19    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

I don't doubt that Farmington was real since the UFOs were also seen in Las Vegas, New Mexico.  In fact, it might be one of the largest mass witness cases in history.  James McDonald found plenty of witnesses to these events when he did his investigation many years later.

There is a very brief video about it:

You've got to love the way Stan Friedmann thinks.  He analyses things in a very perceptive way and yet in no way is he gullible.  One of the best Ufologists imho.  I do think he is wrong about Bob Lazar though.  I think Bob lazar is genuine, and was protected by his mentor Teller;which was why he wasn't taken out.

Posted Image

#20    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Bob Lazar is about as fake as they come.IMO :tu:

#21    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 September 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Bob Lazar is about as fake as they come.IMO :tu:

Since he has nothing whatsoever to do with this Farmington Armada in 1950, any mention of him in this context just seems gratuitous.

#22    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Since he has nothing whatsoever to do with this Farmington Armada in 1950, any mention of him in this context just seems gratuitous.
Agreed ! on that Big-Mac-G but THere are some noted events near and around the Farmington and Aztec area, Up near the Colorado line too ! Ive even seen a caravan of Men in Black,Even though they were all in White vans !
But they did travel like nobodys bussiness ! I sure do know it was not far a Sat install.or T.V. hook up ! ITs was several years ago on one of our trips
Keep Looking Up ! :tu:

#23    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 May 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

Hello Zoser

Yes, I did, heck, would I miss an opportunity to hear Stanton Friedman offer some insights? LOL maybe don't answer that! I admit that it is a good ad to promote Ramseys crackpotiness, did you listen to the first part? About 2:45 the bloke tells you the tale has been rehashed time and again in many formats, later pflock explains it's popularity is due to it being an original story and also mentions what I have posted below from the previous link I offerred to you - a good comparison here would be the tale of the flood in the Bible, repeated time and again, and stolen from previous tales, (like this one and Roswell) and is wholeheartedly believed by a great many people. It's nonsense though, the earth was not covered with water 2,000 years ago, and the earth itself is living proof of this. What I want to know is how does it affect the facts posted in the link I offered, which I am sure you clicked on and read? They support the fact that this particular incident is a hoax situation. I did get a chuckle halfway through when the bloke says that The Skeptics claim they were looking for gas, (around the old slab) as if it is a silly idea, and then the other guy says is their oil and gas around here?, to which he replies, well, yes. That was really funny.
Good to see you picking up enough courage to answer my posts agin zoser! Hope for you yet! A good investigator should show no fear!
Yes, it was a hoax, because someone is trying to use it to make a name in the same shameful fashion that so many raped Roswell with does not make it credible. Heck, they discuss Roswell as if it has been decided that the popular media version has been proven correct! Nothing could be further from the truth! May I ask Zoser, do you ever bother with the Documentaries that people like Stephen Hawking and Brian Greene participate in? You do realise that entertainment is a large factor when considering these programs and takes a back seat to fact? Fact is not all that exciting when compared to Aliens and conspiracies, and as a result it does not sell all that well.
Zoser, they do not come much more blatant than this, surely you have seen cases that are far more compelling than this pile of fertiliser. Have you ever read much about Portage County? That one even does my head in.

Newton and Gebauer were involved in oil exploration finance schemes. Their hoax was perpetrated to get investors. They claimed they had built a machine that would find oil and natural gas deposits using alien technology. J.P. Cahn of the San Francisco Chronicle had some of the "alien" metal tested and determined it was aluminum. Cahn's account of the phony alien ship appeared in True magazine in 1952. Several people who had been swindled by Newton and Gebauer came forward. One of their victims, Herman Glader, a millionaire from Denver, pressed charges and the pair was convicted of fraud and related charges in 1953. (They had charged $18,500 for a "tuner" which could be bought at surplus stores for $3.50 at the time.)

The Aztec story was revived in 1986 by William Steinman and Wendelle Stevens in their privately-published book called UFO Crash at Aztec. It was revived again in 1998 when Linda Mouton Howe, a UFO and Art Bell mainstay, claimed she had government documents that proved the Aztec crash. What she had was a rumor eight times removed from the source, Silas Newton, that eventually ended up in a memo written to J. Edgar Hoover. Newton told George Koehler about 3-foot tall aliens and their saucer; Koehler told Morley Davies who told Jack Murphy and I. J. van Horn who told Rudy Fick who told the editor of the Wyandotte Echo in Kansas City where it was read by an Air Force agent in the Office of Special Investigations who passed on the story to Guy Hottel of the FBI who sent a memo to his boss (Thomas).

The citizens of Aztec have seen how Roswell has turned UFO mania into a profitable tourist attraction and have followed suit. Like the citizens of Roswell, they now sponsor an annual UFO Festival. The festival was started as a way to raise money for the town's library. There must be a better way.

That Portage County incident was insanely absured what they wrote it off as LMAO.... :lol: :lol:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#24    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 September 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Agreed ! on that Big-Mac-G but THere are some noted events near and around the Farmington and Aztec area, Up near the Colorado line too ! Ive even seen a caravan of Men in Black,Even though they were all in White vans !
But they did travel like nobodys bussiness ! I sure do know it was not far a Sat install.or T.V. hook up ! ITs was several years ago on one of our trips
Keep Looking Up ! :tu:

Well, it's New Mexico so there's always a lot of military-related activity there.  I never believed that radar could knock down UFOs or anything like that, but the Aztec investigators did find that New Mexico had several classified radar installations for air defense purposes that were very powerful.

I could imagine UFOs picking up on these high-powered signals and basically homing right in on them.  It would be like a beacon of some kind that would tell them something interesting was going on.

One thing that is clear to me is that they demonstrated a strong interest in jets, balloons, missiles, nuclear facilities and so on.  We are literally awash with military reports about UFOs like these in the 1940s and 1950s, like they were all over the place all of a sudden.  All I can think of to explain it is that these new technical developments must have caught their interest, unless we are just going to dismiss all these military reports as nothing.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 03 October 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#25    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

These radars they were using out there had been modified to pick up aircraft at a range of 250 miles, and sometimes they picked up UFOs as well--one at an altitude of 200 miles, which was remarkable indeed for the 1940s.

Posted Image

Late August of 1947. The location was Holloman AFB, New Mexico. The timing and the location was no coincidence. The radar was modified to track objects at very high altitude. They aimed the antenna almost straight up and picked up a target at 200 miles. In 1948 the report leaked out, Project SIGN sent two high-level investigators, but the prime witnesses disappeared.

The original CPS-4 was designed to be used in conjunction with the SCR-270 and SCR-271 search sets. It required six operators. This S-band radar, operating in the 2700 to 2900 MHz range, could detect targets at a distance of ninety miles. This radar was modified with its 20' wide by 5' high antenna turned on its side and the range extended to 250 miles.

http://www.nicap.org.../ncp-ridge5.htm

They did seem reasonably confident even in 1947-48 that they could distinguish real targets from "ghosts" and "angels", but once again, these UFOs were part of the official military reports at the time--very high speed and high flying objects.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 03 October 2012 - 04:50 AM.

#27    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

So I do wonder if these high-powered radar signals were just one more item that would attract "them", and even act like a homing beacon to lead them to something that was potentially interesting.

#28    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

There is an extensive discussion here of the detection of a UFO at two hundred miles altitude and of the type of radars being used at that time.  

http://www.nicap.org...ordo_thread.htm

These powerful radars were located in New Mexico for air defense purposes after World War II because of all the sensitive military installations and projects there.  They could track missiles, planes, high-flying balloons and so on, but they also picked up UFOs.

For a long time there were doubts that these radar unites even existed there at the time, but we now know that at least four of them had been set up at various areas around the state by 1947.

#29    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

At the time the Air Force put on a big show of dismissing all this radar and visual reports of UFOs in New Mexico and balloons, but that was also a very useful cover story for the unidentified things that we now know were being detected fairly often.

http://www.google.co...mD0joIlwAujeoEw

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 03 October 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#30    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yes but even E.T would have an Off switch on the tractor locator or Nav system`s ! Hard to say why they crash ,but we seem to of crashed a few probes ourselfs ! :tu: :alien: :no:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users