Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Science and the afterlife experience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    ghostiechaser

ghostiechaser

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Reveals the evidence of life beyond death

• Examines 125 years of scientific research into reincarnation, apparitions, and communication with the dead showing these phenomena are real

• Reveals the existence of higher planes of consciousness where the souls of the dead can choose to advance or manifest once again on Earth

• Explains how these findings have been ignored and denied because they are incompatible with materialist doctrines

In this book, Chris Carter shows that evidence of life beyond death exists and has been around for millennia, predating any organized religion. Focusing on three key phenomena--reincarnation, apparitions, and communications from the dead--Carter reveals 125 years of documented scientific studies by independent researchers and the British and American Societies for Psychical Research that rule out hoaxes, fraud, and hallucinations and prove these afterlife phenomena are real.

The author examines historic and modern accounts of detailed past-life memories, visits from the deceased, and communications with the dead via medium and automatic writing as well as the scientific methods used to confirm these experiences. He explains how these findings on the afterlife have been ignored and denied because they are incompatible with the prevailing doctrine of materialism. Sharing messages from the dead themselves describing the afterlife, Carter reveals how consciousness exists outside the parameters of biological evolution and emerges through the medium of the brain to use the physical world as a springboard for growth. After death, souls can advance to higher planes of consciousness or manifest once again on Earth. Carter’s rigorous argument proves--beyond any reasonable doubt--not only that consciousness survives death and continues in the afterlife, but that ihttp://www.amazon.com/Science-Afterlife-Experience-Immortality-Consciousness precedes birth as well.

Show More

Edited by ghostiechaser, 19 May 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hmmm... I wonder what the book really contains, probably a lot of witness reports at least. Sounds pretty impressive anyhow and I found the dog story they had put out in amazon link touching. :cry:

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#3    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,458 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Chris Carter is a philosipher.....

I saw this :

Explains why near-death experiences (NDEs) offer evidence of an afterlife and discredits the psychological and physiological explanations for them

How is this scientific?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yup not scientific, but suggestive.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#5    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostSakari, on 20 May 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Chris Carter is a philosipher.....

I saw this :

Explains why near-death experiences (NDEs) offer evidence of an afterlife and discredits the psychological and physiological explanations for them

How is this scientific?

I red the book description and didn't find NDE:s there, thought it was about communicating with dead spirits in the first place. Maybe I red wrong, but anyhow. Maybe they jumped to conclusions with that part, or maybe NDEs and that stuff are indeed connected, but even if they are I dont think it'd have to mean that NDE's psychological and physiological explanations were false, or entirely missing the point.

I think our mind can alter our memories, if there's selfishness related to something in those memories. If we let our memories be colored by our own prejudices and biases, they become colored. I red this from Edgar Cayce, and I think that no matter what the case, we may not always see our memories as they "really" are, and that the more we can attune ourselves to see these memories, the better we can see where we stood.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users