Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Letchworth Village Mist appears what is it?

letchworth mist paranormal

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Sean Austin

Sean Austin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

saw on the advice of some fellow UM forum members im starting my own topic on another video i took...during an investigation at letchworth village in the basement a mist appeared in front of me and then disappeared..and to me it had a life of its own..with no draft of wind down there in this far end back room with no windows...and ive been back there a few times and this was never there again
so what is everyones thoughts?..i took some still frame photos of the mist and saw some creepy shapes and i wont say what i see just take a look and see i know prob alot of you will say its a form of paradolia lol but i see something more to that personally..ill post as well ..so go to town lol let me know what ya think!

https://www.facebook...&type=3

#2    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hey Sean...

I know some of the skeptics around here would ask these questions >

What time of the year was this video recorded? Spring, Summer Fall, Winter?
What was the temperature that night you investigated?

Depending on the temp, your breathe could definitely give that kind of effect.

What was the environment like that night? Foggy? Clear, weather fair? Were there others with you while you recorded this?

Honestly, I think no matter what we share on the forums Sean, because "skeptics" were not there physically its going to be hard to prove to them any experience. You've seen what we've been through in the Spirit Box thread. Same will go for video and audio.

We'll be heckled over everything, simply because they will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER... that's a fact!?

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#3    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSean Austin, on 22 May 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

saw on the advice of some fellow UM forum members im starting my own topic on another video i took...during an investigation at letchworth village in the basement a mist appeared in front of me and then disappeared..and to me it had a life of its own..with no draft of wind down there in this far end back room with no windows...and ive been back there a few times and this was never there again
so what is everyones thoughts?..i took some still frame photos of the mist and saw some creepy shapes and i wont say what i see just take a look and see i know prob alot of you will say its a form of paradolia lol but i see something more to that personally..ill post as well ..so go to town lol let me know what ya think!

Can you tell us what day this was recorded?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#4    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm gonna say it is dust that you kicked up from the floor. The dust is very fine and illuminated by the lights. It also depends on how you have the camera set up. ( I noticed a lot bug blobs zipping by as well. ) This kind of thing happens a lot and people don't really notice it at the time.

I do certainly believe in ghosts but I don't feel that is what you captured this time.

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostEcto76, on 22 May 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

We'll be heckled over everything, simply because they will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER... that's a fact!?

I am SO glad you cleared this up for me Ecto. Now I know I will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER. Because that's a fact. According to you.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostEcto76, on 22 May 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hey Sean...

I know some of the skeptics around here would ask these questions >

No offense, but this statement is indicative of the problem with many paranormal investigators.

I would hope than anyone who approaches paranormal investigation from with any level of scientific perspective would ask those exact questions.  Whether they classify themselves a skeptic or believer is immaterial.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#7    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Uh Sean....

If you record a video where you are using swear language that would be filtered out when writing on this site... It's usually a good idea to warn people of foul language.
Or perhaps try to refrain from swearing so much in videos that may end up in public forums.

Not trying to be mean, just some friendly advice.

Interesting video.

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

But that's no different than what's on tv, rashore. Only there you get *bleep* instead of the word.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#9    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I know it's not different than TV, I just think it's polite to warn people of swearing :)

#10    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

sooo... have you read 'the mist'?....

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,798 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

My first thought was it could be mist from your breathe if it's really cold. It sort of hangs in the air until carried off by a wiff of breeze.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I don't know what the mist is..

But it may be that the movement of the mist was caused by the movement of the cameraman. It was a really good job of kind of freezing in place and steadying the shot once the mist was encountered. The, er, air waifting forward off the cameramans movement might be what caused a fairly stationary patch of mist to swirl about the way it did.

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostOffeiriad, on 23 May 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I am SO glad you cleared this up for me Ecto. Now I know I will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER. Because that's a fact. According to you.

View PostRafterman, on 23 May 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

No offense, but this statement is indicative of the problem with many paranormal investigators.

I would hope than anyone who approaches paranormal investigation from with any level of scientific perspective would ask those exact questions.  Whether they classify themselves a skeptic or believer is immaterial.

Yup, Ecto.....You kind of ruined it for me now.....Not cool, not cool.......Resorting to that before a discussion even started.( anytime really )

Sean, thanks for posting this, please keep posting...I have to go to work, so I will reply later.( and watch )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#14    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

I like how "my words" & "posts" are taken WAY OUT OF CONTEXT!!!! In a Forum no less. :no:

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#15    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 22 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Can you tell us what day this was recorded?

Nibs

Just want to repeat my question.  Seems to have gotten lost.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

Also tagged with letchworth, mist, paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users