Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Talk at google

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 24 May 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

:P haha! Yes, Homeopathy is wonderful ...... I just feel sorry for you because you're missing out on cheap healing that you can(often), diagnose yourself. Okay, I can't 'sell' homeopathy to you so I'll have a go at Louise L. Hay's book: 'Heal Your Body. The Mental Causes for Physical Illness & the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them' :D . The way it works is, you look up your problem in one column and in the column next to it is the probable mental cause. In the third column is the new thought pattern, to be repeated regularly like an affirmation.
Homeopathy has been thoroughly refuted.

I had earache so I looked in the book, repeated the appropriate 'affirmation' once ........ and the earache immediately went and hasn't come back!!!!!! I'm not saying it always works that quickly, but I was pretty darn impressed that time!
I once had a headache and took nothing. Isn't that great?

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostToadie, on 24 May 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

I cant watch it on my laptop :( Someone give me a small description
He gives a talk at the google campus and shows his actual evidence of telepathic effects, morphic fields, and encounters with cynics like James randi and Dawkins exposing their very unscientific attitudes.  His research is scientific and peer reviewed. He even has set up and is trying to set up world wide experiments that have the potentials for massive data points.

He also talks about the damage cynics/psudoskeptics do to science and the dogma to be overcome. He then answers questions from google employees. He is trying to get them to help him produce global wide experiments testing his theories. Which are falsifiable. If his morphic fields do not exist, then quite obviously we will not see their predicted effects.

Here are some links to his articles and papers.
http://www.sheldrake...&Papers/papers/

Edited by Seeker79, 24 May 2012 - 01:47 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Eclipsed

• 10,351 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 May 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Homeopathy has been thoroughly refuted.

I once had a headache and took nothing. Isn't that great?

......... thoroughly refuted as an idea, maybe ..... but in practice it works.

Silly sarcasm about the headache. What you said doesn't even relate to/compare with, what I said.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#19    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostToadie, on 24 May 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

I have a question they say animals are telepathy I don't believe this animals are also creatures of habit. Humans generally repeat the same thing everyday so of course a dog is going to know when you come home. For example horses will come up to the gate if they are feed around the same time but if stop feeding them at the same time they will stop coming to the gate creatures of habit
His experiments with dogs use random processes for timeing, and his graphs and data  ckearly show dogs and other animals react to the owners intention of comeing home. What's interesting is that the more social the animal the more pronounced the affect. Reptiles show no affect beyond chance.

What's also interesting is that he recanted a story where he catches Randi in a lie when randi was claiming to have replicated his experiment with dogs.

Edited by Seeker79, 24 May 2012 - 01:56 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

What evidence? And evidence of what?
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=225114

View PostSeeker79, on 15 April 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yes there seems to be a fundamental gap in understanding of the results of the experiments. Accepting any wacky interpretation just to avoid the obvious. I'm reminded of fundamental religionists, that completely and utterly believe what their religious teacher says because they are the authority and anyone who contradicts is not only wrong, but ignorant, and subverted by other forces.

Effectively you're saying most physicists are in denial because they don't agree with the obvious, and what is the obvious? Your opinion, while totally disregarding any experiment that contradicts it.

#21    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I still don't get what it is you are trying to say?

#22    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 24 May 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

......... thoroughly refuted as an idea, maybe ..... but in practice it works.
No it doesn't.

http://www.scienceba...als-since-1835/

Silly sarcasm about the headache. What you said doesn't even relate to/compare with, what I said.
Try providing some actual evidence next time if you don't believe it's been refuted.

#23    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 May 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=225114

Effectively you're saying most physicists are in denial because they don't agree with the obvious, and what is the obvious? Your opinion, while totally disregarding any experiment that contradicts it.
Hahahaga that's not evidence, and its Not even an experiment.

What experiment am I disreguarding exactly?

Bruce Lee-

#24    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Hahahaga that's not evidence, and its Not even an experiment.

What experiment am I disreguarding exactly?
Do I need to explain to you that you need to click the link?
If you done that, you should see the link to the paper of the delayed-choice experiment using a random number generator.

The fact you reject all other interpretations of QM except consciousness causes collapse, proves that you're the one in denial with experiments that confirm consciousness isn't part of the equation.

Edited by Rlyeh, 24 May 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#25    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 May 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Do I need to explain to you that you need to click the link?
If you done that, you should see the link to the paper of the delayed-choice experiment using a random number generator.

The fact you reject all other interpretations of QM except consciousness causes collapse, proves that you're the one in denial with experiments that confirm consciousness isn't part of the equation.
We are discussing an entirely different subject man. Morphic fields have nothing to do with the double dlit experiment and the quantum mind. Why don't you try reading about it or at least watching the video.

Bruce Lee-

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

We are discussing an entirely different subject man. Morphic fields have nothing to do with the double dlit experiment and the quantum mind. Why don't you try reading about it or at least watching the video.
However your double standard is related to this topic.

#27    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 May 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

However your double standard is related to this topic.
What double standard? You haven't shown anything.

Bruce Lee-

#28    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

What double standard? You haven't shown anything.
Are you even paying attention? I've shown you're just as much in denial by rejecting evidence that contradicts your opinion.

#29    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 May 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Are you even paying attention? I've shown you're just as much in denial by rejecting evidence that contradicts your opinion.
What evidence?

Bruce Lee-

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,428 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

What evidence?
Holy ****. I just presented the evidence and the experiment that you rejected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users