Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 16 votes

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ?

vincent van gogh jack the ripper serial killers true crime case solved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

#241    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 5,758 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostDale Larner, on 06 March 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the interest and reading through the thread.

Of course, Im hoping a book contract is forthcoming. My agent is currently pitching the book to publishers.

The traditional publishing route provides distribution.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

Okay. I'm glad to support your tenacity, but not your theory.

Edit: Good luck Dale.

Edited by Likely Guy, 06 March 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#242    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 20 February 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Interesting,well thought out,but as others have said the timeline of van gogh's location at the time does not add up.

Thanks. It has been well thought out. Also well researched.

Ah, but the timeline does add up. It must be understand that Van Gogh was not announcing to others that he was traveling to London to murder. As would be expected, he wanted to hide his deeds. But the timing and content of his letters help give him away, among other things. This goes for his Ripper letters too.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

#243    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 20 February 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

If Vincent spent all those time traveling and killing he couldn't have painted all the paintings that we know off, his paintings and sketches done during his time at Arles is a more accurate diary than his letters to Theo.

Vincent was also under strict observation during this period of his life. Theo, concerned and worried kept a keen eye on Vincent's well being from afar.
I know Vincent, he is not Jack.

Vincent did not cut off his ear and enter the hospital until Dec. 23, 1888. He was not under any observation during the Ripper murders from August to December 20, 1888. He was free to travel and murder, and he did just that.

Right you are about Theo keeping a keen eye on Vincent from afar, but being in Paris, Theo couldn't keep a keen enough eye on him, and Vincent did a good job of keeping Theo’s worries in check through his letters with misdirection. Vincent manipulated others with ease, especially Theo.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

#244    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

As an avid reader of anything JTR, I find these responses quite childlike.  I may not agree with he author on his claims, as I have not read the book, however, I have read a plethora of material regarding the murders.  I've bee fascinated for as long as I can remember.

One of the things that does make me wonder, is that Van Gogh was mentioned years ago as a possible suspect.  I believe that as a writer, we do have a certain responsibility to insuring our facts are supported by evidence.  Without reading the book, who are we to judge?

I do not believe that Van Gogh had anything to do with the commission of the crime.  I find other suspects much more plausible.

Despite my feelings of self promotion, and individuals seeking attention for something, this person has what many scientists call a possible theory.    We once thought the earth was flat, did not believe in the possibility of flight, etc.

Please give others respect and carry on with your civil discourse.

@maureen_jacobs

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#245    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostDale Larner, on 06 March 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Part of what I present in the book is that Vincent had enough money to travel for each of the murders. His brother, Theo, provided him with the means, and Vincent thanked him in his letters for the amounts he received, providing the evidence of how much he received.

Vincent could travel roundtrip to London for less than 100 francs. He had the money, and he made the trips, and he committed the murders.

Thanks,
Dale Larner
I wish you luck with your book. In this case i will not be purchasing as I personally do not believe in your theories. But there may be some out there who will, even if they read it to come to the conclusion that it was not him, but reading 1 persons theory is not going to give a person the answer when there are so many others to look at. I doubt will ever be solved.
The reason I do not agree with your theory is because I have read other books and other theories and some have been much more likely than this one. BUT again, i do wish you luck.

Edited by freetoroam, 06 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#246    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,852 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Vincent never had money, cash.
Whatever Theo sent was to pay for his debts, he was always in debt.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#247    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Vincent never had money, cash.
Whatever Theo sent was to pay for his debts, he was always in debt.
I think the idea is to buy the book, not to come out with facts on here. Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#248    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I think the idea is to buy the book, not to come out with facts on here. Posted Image

I may give it a read,even if it cant convince me sounds like a decent mystery novel

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#249    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I may give it a read,even if it cant convince me sounds like a decent mystery novel
If it came out under fiction and the title was changed to..lets say...Is Vince Van de Pogh  Johnathon the ripper, then I too would consider reading it as a mystery novel. :tu:

Edited by freetoroam, 06 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#250    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,049 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

If it came out under fiction and the characters were changed to..lets say...Is Vince Van de Pogh  Johnathon the ripper, then I too would consider reading it as a mystery novel. :tu:

Its all in the imagination free :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#251    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Its all in the imagination free :lol:
Come on, think of some ideas....we could have our own book by the end of the week.

this time next year, we will be millionaires! :w00t:

#252    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,852 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

http://manybooks.net...6germinal.html#

a much better read, PDF download available

Germinal
by Emile Zola
Translated and Introduced by Havelock Ellis
Introduction
By Havelock Ellis
'GERMINAL' was published in 1885, after occupying Zola during the previous year. In accordance with his
usual custom--but to a greater extent than with any other of his books except La Débâcle--he accumulated
material beforehand. For six months he travelled about the coal-mining district in northern France and
Belgium, especially the Borinage around Mons, note-book in hand. 'He was inquisitive, was that gentleman',
miner told Sherard who visited the neighbourhood at a later period and found that the miners in every village
knew Germinal. That was a tribute of admiration the book deserved, but it was never one of Zola's most
popular novels; it was neither amusing enough nor outrageous enough to attract the multitude.

Vincent loved the book

Or if you prefer to read Vincent's letters online > http://vangoghletter...vg/letters.html

The letters by period 14. Arles, letters 577 - 771 21 February 1888 - 8 May 1889 here

Edit ~ linked

Edited by third_eye, 06 March 2013 - 02:55 PM.

~

~

#253    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,049 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Come on, think of some ideas....we could have our own book by the end of the week.

this time next year, we will be millionaires! :w00t:

I like the sound of that free hahaha

#254    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 March 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

http://manybooks.net...6germinal.html#

a much better read, PDF download available

Vincent loved the book

Or if you prefer to read Vincent's letters online > http://vangoghletter...vg/letters.html

The letters by period 14. Arles, letters 577 - 771 21 February 1888 - 8 May 1889 here

Edit ~ linked

But but but, this can not be!!!!

On the 3rd of April he was in London killing Emma Elizabeth Smith and yet managed to write a letter from Arles.
On the 8th of August, he was in London the day before murdering Martha Tabram.
On the 31st of August he was in London again murdering Mary Anne Nichols and yet managed to write a letter on the 29th and 30th stating that he had to find the money to pay his rent.

etc etc etc etc ........................

if the Van Gogh theory is true, then I think this shows that our postal services and train speeds have gone down hill greatly from those days.

third _eye, you are the man. :tu:

Edited by freetoroam, 06 March 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#255    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,852 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

But but but, this can not be!!!!

On the 3rd of April he was in London killing Emma Elizabeth Smith
On the 8th of August, he was in London the day before murdering Martha Tabram.
On the 31st of August he was in London again murdering Mary Anne Nichols and yet managed to write a letter on the 29th and 30th stating that he had to find the money to pay his rent.

etc etc etc etc ........................

if the Van Gogh theory is true, then I think this shows that our postal services and train speeds have gone down hill greatly from those days.

KNowing what you know now, go back and read the OP ... have a good laugh :lol:

~

~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users