Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 16 votes

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ?

vincent van gogh jack the ripper serial killers true crime case solved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

#256    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,657 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 March 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

KNowing what you know now, go back and read the OP ... have a good laugh :lol:
I never thought his theories had any weight, these dates are so much the proof. I do hope he sees this, to save any embarrassment.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#257    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,622 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I never thought his theories had any weight, these dates are so much the proof. I do hope he sees this, to save any embarrassment.

Never you worry about him, he has already shown he don't care what 'embarrassment' means

I say, come what may and what may come,  God be with ye 'cause the Devil is'a waiting on ya

~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#258    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,326 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I have a idea for a book free,it is based on da vinci actually made a time travel machine and was the real culprit behind the BTK killings!

Brilliance at its best!!!

All sarcasm aside hope the book does well Dale as i said i may even give it a read.Even if something isnt realistic if well written can still be worth the time.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#259    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,657 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I have a idea for a book free,it is based on da vinci actually made a time travel machine and was the real culprit behind the BTK killings!

Brilliance at its best!!!

All sarcasm aside hope the book does well Dale as i said i may even give it a read.Even if something isnt realistic if well written can still be worth the time.

Lets do it, but can I draw the pictures?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#260    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,326 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Lets do it, but can I draw the pictures?

Sure as i will be to jacked up on caffeine and arrogance to sit still long enough to draw a picture :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#261    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

But but but, this can not be!!!!

On the 3rd of April he was in London killing Emma Elizabeth Smith and yet managed to write a letter from Arles.
On the 8th of August, he was in London the day before murdering Martha Tabram.
On the 31st of August he was in London again murdering Mary Anne Nichols and yet managed to write a letter on the 29th and 30th stating that he had to find the money to pay his rent.

etc etc etc etc ........................

if the Van Gogh theory is true, then I think this shows that our postal services and train speeds have gone down hill greatly from those days.

third _eye, you are the man. :tu:

Exactly why I asked the question about the post marks! :)  If you can prove he was in Arles posting a letter (depending how long post took then) then you can prove where he wasn't too.

#262    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,657 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Sure as i will be to jacked up on caffeine and arrogance to sit still long enough to draw a picture :lol:
Owwww, this is getting exciting, I love drawing, I may even have to cut off an ear.

Going out now to buy caffeine and arrogance for you and some crayons for me. :tu:

this time next year, we are going to be millionaires.

#263    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,657 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 06 March 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Exactly why I asked the question about the post marks! :)  If you can prove he was in Arles posting a letter (depending how long post took then) then you can prove where he wasn't too.

With those dates now you do not even have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.  As you say about the postal times, its pretty obvious he was not roaming the streets of London murdering prostitutes. :yes:

#264    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,326 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Owwww, this is getting exciting, I love drawing, I may even have to cut off an ear.

Going out now to buy caffeine and arrogance for you and some crayons for me. :tu:

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

No need to purchase the arrogance it will come with the money,I will be sure not to forget the little people such as yourself (my co-author) who helped make my brilliance shine through to the ignorant masses.

Dont cut off the ear,i refuse to stand next to a mangled face during a co-signing of MY work  :lol: :lol: :lol:

#265    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,657 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

No need to purchase the arrogance it will come with the money,I will be sure not to forget the little people such as yourself (my co-author) who helped make my brilliance shine through to the ignorant masses.

Dont cut off the ear,i refuse to stand next to a mangled face during a co-signing of MY work  :lol: :lol: :lol:

LITTLE PEOPLE?? I am 6ft 6.....................ok, maybe 5ft 1 but still.
i will make sure your brilliance is included in my drawings.....as it will be my face on the back cover.

Are we arguing already? we haven`t even got a title for our masterpiece yet!

Posted Image

#266    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Wow, no response to my post.  Interesting folks

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#267    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,326 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostMaureen_jacobs, on 06 March 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

As an avid reader of anything JTR, I find these responses quite childlike.  I may not agree with he author on his claims, as I have not read the book, however, I have read a plethora of material regarding the murders.  I've bee fascinated for as long as I can remember.

One of the things that does make me wonder, is that Van Gogh was mentioned years ago as a possible suspect.  I believe that as a writer, we do have a certain responsibility to insuring our facts are supported by evidence.  Without reading the book, who are we to judge?

I do not believe that Van Gogh had anything to do with the commission of the crime.  I find other suspects much more plausible.

Despite my feelings of self promotion, and individuals seeking attention for something, this person has what many scientists call a possible theory. We once thought the earth was flat, did not believe in the possibility of flight, etc.

Please give others respect and carry on with your civil discourse.

@maureen_jacobs

Well i do not believe my original post was "childlike" it was actually based on a timeline with facts others have already mentioned.

Once again i stated i might give it a read because it may be well written even if facts prove it wrong.Also wished the author well

Finally i like to joke around every now and then because many take themselves a bit to serious on this forum sometimes,myself included.

There i responded lol

#268    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Well i do not believe my original post was "childlike" it was actually based on a timeline with facts others have already mentioned.

Once again i stated i might give it a read because it may be well written even if facts prove it wrong.Also wished the author well

Finally i like to joke around every now and then because many take themselves a bit to serious on this forum sometimes,myself included.

There i responded lol

Sir, I didn't mean to single anyone out.  I most certainly did not say everyone was childish.

Just observing that some of the folks here are critiquing a book they have never read.

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#269    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,657 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostMaureen_jacobs, on 06 March 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

As an avid reader of anything JTR, I find these responses quite childlike.  I may not agree with he author on his claims, as I have not read the book, however, I have read a plethora of material regarding the murders.  I've bee fascinated for as long as I can remember.

One of the things that does make me wonder, is that Van Gogh was mentioned years ago as a possible suspect.  I believe that as a writer, we do have a certain responsibility to insuring our facts are supported by evidence.  Without reading the book, who are we to judge?

I do not believe that Van Gogh had anything to do with the commission of the crime.  I find other suspects much more plausible.

Despite my feelings of self promotion, and individuals seeking attention for something, this person has what many scientists call a possible theory. We once thought the earth was flat, did not believe in the possibility of flight, etc.

Please give others respect and carry on with your civil discourse.

@maureen_jacobs
As has been pointed out, it is not possible for Van Gogh to be classed as a suspect.
No disrespect to the write, but the theory has been judged here already and has been proven to be completely wrong, no need to read the book for any more insight on that.
I do not think that a scientist would see this as a possible theory at all, the letters of Van Gogh are proof enough and a scientist would not possibly even try to dispute those to even try and put him as a possible suspect.

As for childlike, we have had 16 pages of mostly why it can not be Van Gogh, at this stage a bit of humour is not being disrespectful, more like "Look, its not him, and to try and seriously continue to insist it is, would be rather foolish and silly"  We have done the serious bits and lets put this theory to rest and save any more embarrassing evidence to prove Van Gogh was not Jacques Le Jack the Ripper.

But with respect to the writter, I hope he does ok with his book, but as for fact base, unfortunately, it is not.

Edited by freetoroam, 06 March 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#270    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostYamato, on 20 February 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Very Dan Brown-esque!   We all knew Dan was full of crap, but look how rich we made him! I think of Dale kinda like his lackey little brother.   ;)

What’s humorous about this is I actually do have an older brother named Dan, but it’s not Dan Brown. I like my brother, but I’m not a fan of Dan Brown. His books are all fiction. VINCENT ALIAS JACK is all real.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users