Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Sphinx and GP dates from 10 500 BC?

• Please log in to reply
1650 replies to this topic

#1456    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 04 December 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

Yes, I can translate hieroglyphs

I don't believe you can, nor do i believe "Egyptologists" can. But thats only an opinion. If it irritates you, then thats not my problem. Not everyone will think you as a poster and "Egyptologists" are the end all and be all of the study of the pyramids.

You're not the only ones who study it.  

This will be my last post on this thread. I believe i have made valuable contributions to the topic, albeit controversial ones that some posters do not agree with it. But thats the nature of an "Alternative History And Ancient Mystery Forum" Not everyone will agree with alternative history and mysteries that are different from the garbage that the mainstream likes to entertain.

#1457    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

31252469.jpeg

#1458    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostLRW, on 04 December 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

I don't believe you can, nor do i believe "Egyptologists" can. But thats only an opinion. If it irritates you, then thats not my problem. Not everyone will think you as a poster and "Egyptologists" are the end all and be all of the study of the pyramids.

This will be my last post on this thread. I believe i have made valuable contributions to the topic, albeit controversial ones that some posters do not agree with it. But thats the nature of an "Alternative History And Ancient Mystery Forum" Not everyone will agree with alternative history and mysteries that are different from the garbage that the mainstream likes to entertain.

Your beliefs are irrelevant. Prove them wrong.

Obviously you've failed in that regard.

I feel another "Hava Nagila" moment coming on. :tu:

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 04 December 2012 - 04:40 AM.

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1459    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,611 posts

• Question everything

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostLRW, on 03 December 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Sure it doesn't, whatever floats your boat Cormac. You still are not convincing enough to change my opinion. I have heard countless mainstream Egyptologists talk about the bible as if it was all true. They base their history around the bible and frequently cite from it when they talk in interviews and documentaries.

My ignorance must be very terrible to you.

You sound like you're hurting from alternative views being expressed. I can feel your pain.

I entertain the idea that the translation of the rosetta stone is all subjective, its only an opinion. I am not going to accept it as truth, because i don't believe Egyptologists are qualified enough to translate Hieroglyphics efficiently and truthfully. I also entertain the idea that they did not make that stone, therefore their assumptions are wild guesses full of holes.

They could not possibly understand ancient Hieroglyphics. I also entertain the idea that the rosetta stone could in fact be a farce, a fake etc and has a dubious origin. It certainly looks quite dubious, given that greek is on it. The stone is seen to be the key to the modern understanding of Egyptian hieroglyphs. Note, i don't agree with the term  Egyptian hieroglyphs, therefore  i shall reconstruct the sentence to my liking.   

The rosetta stone is seen to be the key to the modern understanding of  hieroglyphs engraved in the north african region. I entertain the idea that that such a stone is not a 100% real genuine artifact from the region of the pyramids. I am leaning towards the idea that the rosetta stone is a fake designed by organisations promoting false history, but i would have to see the stone close up to be 100% sure. Certainly from the photographs it looks like a genuine fake. Thats my opinion.

A faked language needs to be both internally and externally consistent. Literally anyone can learn hieroglyphs and apply them to any existing inscription in them anywhere and get a coherent readable result. This simply is not possible if the language were made up, even if the creators knew the real language beforehand. Most of what you tried to read would be gibberish. The cross-over with Coptic and thus the wealth of existing Coptic documents would also not produce results.

It does not look to be of an ancient construction, it looks like quite a recent construction, perhaps a few hundreds years old or so. The name of the stone is also dubious and suggests promotion of deceit.  The whole look of the stone looks fake and certainly not as real as real genuine tangible artifacts like the hammurabi code.

The hammurabi code looks more majestic and tangible looking evidence of an ancient world. The Rosetta stone looks fake compared to the hammurabi.  

The Hammurabi stele is in one piece, while the Rosetta stele is badly damaged. They're about a close a match as a crocodile and a dinosaur. Oh, wait...

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#1460    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,779 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostLRW, on 04 December 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Guess what? Nobody really cares what you believe, what you can demonstrate is what counts around here. And believe me, kmt has demonstrated his ability to translate hieroglyphs more than once around here...or at least he can do it better than anybody else on this board.

And, calling 1+1=2 garbage is your right, but if I were not to give the intermission clown on this show I would refrain from doing it all too often... we already have enough of them and not enough intermissions.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#1461    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Intermission? here is intermission :sk
Posted Image

#1462    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,499 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 04 December 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Intermission? here is intermission :sk
Posted Image

Human beings are not intelligent.  We believe progress is built on intelligence and knowledge
while it's actually based on language and observation.  Man hasn't known this in thousands of
years.  If there's such a thing as intelligent life anywhere they would find us disturbing at best.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#1463    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

LRW,

What in the world are you bumping your gums about?  You come into this Forum claiming Egyptology is all wrong and present precisely NOTHING to back up what you claim. You  do yourself a great disservice.  That is NOT the way to debate.   An unevidenced alternative view is just as bad as an unevidenced orthodox view. (And we have enough of them around here).  Evidence, dear boy - EVIDENCE.

SC

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#1464    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

#1465    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,499 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Lol.

There's a little humour in the thread. It may not be deep but it's quite broad.  ;)

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#1466    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#1467    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Is it true that Egyptian hieroglyph "R" can also  phoneticly been read or ment as "L" ?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#1468    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 04 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

Dinner in pyramid? Or Bull cult?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#1469    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,311 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postthe L, on 04 December 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Is it true that Egyptian hieroglyph "R" can also  phoneticly been read or ment as "L" ?

Yes, but generally only in the spelling of foreign names or words. Linguists have posited that most or all dialects in the ancient Nile Valley did not possess an "L" in their language, so the Egyptians tended to use a handful of different glyphs to try to represent this sound. The "R" glyph (D21) was one of these. However, by far the most common to represent the "L" sound was the glyph depicting a recumbant lion (E23). See the hieroglyphic spellings for names like Ptolemy and Cleopatra.

When used to represent phonetic values within texts or inscriptions written by Egyptians for the sake of their own language, the "R" glyph did not stand for an "L."

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#1470    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostScott Creighton, on 04 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

~SNIP~

Posted Image

The key part here of any relevance is this:

...underneath outer course linen, a finer linen had been used to model tendons and bones...

...recent radiocarbon dating shows them to be many centuries younger than Djoser.

So any radiocarbon dating only applies to the linen/finer linen modelled tendons and bones. There's nothing here to suggest that any actual bone was radiocarbon dated. And, as opposed to these modelled tendons and bones, Jean-Phillipe Lauer was said to have found pieces of skin, bone from a human left foot and an upper arm. None of which could be mistaken for the 'finer linen modelled tendons and bones' previously mentioned.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 05 December 2012 - 02:47 AM.

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users