Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Sphinx and GP dates from 10 500 BC?

• Please log in to reply
1650 replies to this topic

#916    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Right, as I see it you match two points the others are only a dozen meters off...

SC: Really?  Do explain how any of the four points (presented in the images below using the official GPMP drawing) are "a dozen meters off"?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

QM: And yes, Sah was a Egyptian deity from the second intermediary period or the New Kingdom. You may confuse him with his consort Sopdet (deity since the 1st dynasty), but certainly not as constellation but a single star. Constellations are a very new concept in Egyptian mythology.

SC: Second Intermediary Period / New Kingdom?  I suggest you read the Old Kingdom (5th Dynasty) Pyramid Texts.

SC

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#917    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

SC: Really?  Do explain how any of the four points (presented in the images below using the official GPMP drawing) are "a dozen meters off"?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SC: Second Intermediary Period / New Kingdom?  I suggest you read the Old Kingdom (5th Dynasty) Pyramid Texts.

SC

Where they both were Sirius, not Orion. A single star.

edit, and try your circle stunt over the real topographical map, that is why I have provided it.

Edited by questionmark, 02 November 2012 - 04:25 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#918    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SC

Had to move the goal posts didn't you. So now, instead of Al Nilam being on the East side of the peak of G2 you show it on the North side of the peak.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#919    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

The most glaring error of which is placing the rear of the Sphinx some 96 feet further east than it actually is.

cormac

SC: Well, given your proclivity for using skewed satellite images and the known problems of using such, you continue to do so - so why would you expect anything else? TWO of the data points are in the North-east. I have told you time and time again - use an official survey drawing (the one I offered or QM's if you prefer). When you do that, this is what you will find:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Sphinx sits perefctly on the circle enscribed by the three outer pyramid corners. There is no question about this and your continuing to insist otherwise, when a bigger person would simply concede the point, tells us much about your utter desperation to disprove this. You cannot disprove this because the EVIDENCE (images above) states quite clearly that I am quite right.

End of.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 02 November 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#920    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 02 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Had to move the goal posts didn't you. So now, instead of Al Nilam being on the East side of the peak of G2 you show it on the North side of the peak.

cormac

SC: No goal posts have been moved. The THREE outer corner of the pyramid find the Sphinx sitting upon the inscribed circle. The circle centre is ofset from G2 centre slightly north and east. Some of the diagrams do not have North to the top of the diagram, so keep that in mind.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 02 November 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#921    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Where they both were Sirius, not Orion. A single star.

SC: Unfortunately, the Pyramid Texts and academic opinion do not support you.

QM: edit, and try your circle stunt over the real topographical map, that is why I have provided it.

SC: You're the one who is making claims of "dozen metres" of error in a couple of the points so YOU use your own map and YOU demonstrate your own claim. We're all waiting. Don't disappoint us now.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 02 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#922    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 November 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

SC: Unfortunately, the Pyramid Texts and academic opinion do not support you.

SC: You're the one who is making claims of "dozen metres" of error in a couple of the points so YOU use your own map and YOU demonstrate your own claim. We're all waiting. Don't disappoint us now.

SC

OK, link please.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#923    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

...use an official survey drawing (the one I offered or QM's if you prefer). When you do that, this is what you will find...

When you do that, this is what you find:

Attached File  Al Nilam moved.jpg   121.38K   12 downloads

You had to move Al Nilam from where it actually should be (blue dot) to where you want it to be (yellow dot) in order to make your claim. Al Nilam doesn't move for your convenience.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#924    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

OK, link please.

“Sah is almost certainly the great southern constellation known to the Greeks as Orion. The Pyramid Texts describe Sah of “of the long stride” as a stellar manifestation of  Osiris.” – Dr Geraldine Pinch, Egyptologist, 'Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses and Traditions of Ancient Egypt', Oxford University Press, 2004, p.208

SC: Okay - so you're the one who is making claims of "dozen metres" of error in a couple of the points of the circumscribed circle so YOU use your own map and YOU demonstrate your own claim. We're all STILL waiting. Don't disappoint us now.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 02 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#925    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 November 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

SC: Okay - so you're the one who is making claims of "dozen metres" of error in a couple of the points of the circumscribed circle so YOU use your own map and YOU demonstrate your own claim. We're all STILL waiting. Don't disappoint us now.

SC

I am not making the claim, and yes, nicely quoted from a book chapter referring to the Greek influence on the Egyptian deities, that happened to be around 350 BC, not 2400 BC or as you seem to claim 10500 BC. No bearing on the pyramids, in fact most did not even know what those things were at the time.

about me

#926    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

I am not making the claim, and yes, nicely quoted from a book chapter referring to the Greek influence on the Egyptian deities, that happened to be around 350 BC, not 2400 BC or as you seem to claim 10500 BC. No bearing on the pyramids, in fact most did not even know what those things were at the time.

SC: Wriggle all you like - Dr Pinch clearly attests Sah as most likely the constellation we call Orion from the Pyramid Texts.

QM: Right, as I see it you match two points the others are only a dozen meters off... - from here.

SC: So back up your claim above. A circle circumscribing the three most outer corners of the Giza pyramid field will find the Spinx sitting on the circle's perimeter.  How is this "...a dozen meters off"?

SC

#927    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

SC: Wriggle all you like - Dr Pinch clearly attests Sah as most likely the constellation we call Orion from the Pyramid Texts.

SC: So back up your claim above. A circle circumscribing the three most outer corners of the Giza pyramid field will find the Spinx sitting on the circle's perimeter.  How is this "...a dozen meters off"?

SC

Given that on the map I showed 1 pixel represents 1 meters and your reference points are sometimes within and sometimes out of your circumference, sometimes by more than 6 pixels my assertion is quite correct that it is dozens of meters. Hint: There is a meter scale on the side of the drawing, for those who like me like things exact.

about me

#928    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Given that on the map I showed 1 pixel represents 1 meters and your reference points are sometimes within and sometimes out of your circumference, sometimes by more than 6 pixels my assertion is quite correct that it is dozens of meters. Hint: There is a meter scale on the side of the drawing, for those who like me like things exact.

SC: Oh so I have to become a pixel-perfectionist!  Hell will freeze over first before I ever become that pedantic. How many pixels is the Great Pyramid off from being perfectly square? How many pixels is G3 off from being perfectly square? How many pixels is the GP off from true north?  And how many pixels is G2 and G3 off from true north? It varies between them but no one ever disputes the INTENTION of the builders do they?  The INTENT is perfectly clear.

Six pixels. Don't waste my time.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 02 November 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#929    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 November 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

SC: Oh so I have to become a pixel-perfectionist!  Hell will freeze over first before I ever become that pedantic. How many pixels is the Great Pyramid off from being perfectly square? How many pixels is G3 off from being perfectly square? How many pixels is the GP off from true north?  And how many pixels is G2 and G3 off from true north? It varies between them but no one ever disputes the INTENTION of the builders do they?  The INTENT is perfectly clear.

Six pixels. Don't waste my time.

SC

No, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to waste your time, I am trying to avoid that you waste the time of others.

about me

#930    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

No, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to waste your time, I am trying to avoid that you waste the time of others.

Too late, QM. In his latest attempt to support his claim he had to move the position of Al Nilam from his originally proposed position east of the G2 peak to a new position north of it. So, hypothetically speaking, even if the Gizamids were laid out to match Orion's Belt he's invalidated his own claim. That's hilarious.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 02 November 2012 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users