Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Naked man killed after eating man's face

zombie recent news

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#61    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,503 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 29 May 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

The guy was probably just mentally ill.

I'm guessing it was the "new and improved" LSD.

#62    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 29 May 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

So I've been following the face eating story with great interest. Now the latest is that the attacker was possibly on "Bath Salts" and this new over the counter drug caused his body to overheat. Seems reasonable, although my first thought would have been a bad batch of meth, but the article goes on to quote the chief of police as comparing these "Bath Salts" to LSD:

http://miami.cbsloca...sibly-involved/

HUH? Does he actually believe this new drug and this behavior are similar to real life Lysergic acid diethylamide? Is there an actual link between the two that I'm missing? Or is this another case of law enforcement hiring and promoting only those who have no real life experience.

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether a misinformed police union head (not a chief by the way) is a conspriacy or a secret society.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#63    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

The "war on drugs" also insures that substances like this will continually be created for both legal but primarily for  economic reasons. I say give registered addicts free coke and smack and the use of crystal and drugs like this would diminish greatly. Much safer for everyone all the way around.,

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#64    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,625 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostRafterman, on 29 May 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether a misinformed police union head (not a chief by the way) is a conspriacy or a secret society.
I agree that this would be better suited in another category. However, maybe the real conspiracy is that in spite of its HUGE failure , cost, and harm and all the evidence to show what a failure the war has been, it continues to move forward.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#65    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postjugoso, on 29 May 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I agree that this would be better suited in another category. However, maybe the real conspiracy is that in spite of its HUGE failure , cost, and harm and all the evidence to show what a failure the war has been, it continues to move forward.

I agree.....I have absolutely no idea how I posted it in this section,

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#66    Grimm24

Grimm24

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• The World is Indeed Comic but the Joke is on Mankind - H.P. Lovecraft

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 27 May 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Sounds like PCP. One hell of a drug.

Thats exactly what I was gonna say great minds think alike :yes:

EXODUS-INSANUS-NOCTURNAS

#67    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,271 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I've found the face eating attack weird and interesting too.

I think calling bath salts the new LSD is kind of like when spice first started hitting the media, it was titled the new or legal cannabis.
We have a habit of doing that.. In the fashion industry, every season sees X color as the new black. In entertainment and sports, X performer/athlete is the new performer/athlete X.

I've only done a little reading so far... bath salts sound more like a stumulant that can cause LSD like effects like hallucinating, and LSD is a hallucinogen that has some stimulant qualities. Not exactly the same, but yeah, close enough to earn the title New LSD as far as the general media tag goes.

Could it be a CT or SS? I dunno. I'd like to have the OP expand on their final line, "Or is this another case of law enforcement hiring and promoting only those who have no real life experience.". I think this is where the CT/SS lies.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#68    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,216 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 29 May 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I agree.....I have absolutely no idea how I posted it in this section,

Not only is it in the wrong section but I see no reason why this should not be part of the ongoing thread on this subject, so I am going to merge it.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#69    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postg00dfella, on 29 May 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

its a new higher potent form of LSD he was on..when you overdose on many of the hardcore drugs the results are usually the person taking off thier clothes as thier internal organs are burning inside and they tend to get violent..

similar story up in northern cali last week, one guy ripped off his buddy face then ripped his heart out while he was still alive..

Do you have a source for that story? I can't find any info on it.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#70    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Zombie no, PCP yes.

#71    Cataleptic

Cataleptic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

There's pictures released now...they're pretty graphic.

#72    ohmanits

ohmanits

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

This is crazy. I hope the victim gets better so we can hear the story of what happened.

#73    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 29 May 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Not only is it in the wrong section but I see no reason why this should not be part of the ongoing thread on this subject, so I am going to merge it.

Waspie.....I posted this seperately because my intent was to start a discussion about law enforcement hiring practices in the US and Americas section ...its cool though :)

#74    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postjugoso, on 29 May 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

The "war on drugs" also insures that substances like this will continually be created for both legal but primarily for  economic reasons. I say give registered addicts free coke and smack and the use of crystal and drugs like this would diminish greatly. Much safer for everyone all the way around.,

The war on drugs is quickly losing its facade of efficacy. Hopefully common sense will soon reign.

#75    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,928 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users