Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Telepathic Bigfoot Research

bigfoot telepathy

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 04 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Besides Finding a Dead Body We Have:
Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People
Bigfoot "Calls"
Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us
Scat Evidence(****)
Footprints
Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American Indians.
Patterson Film
Blood Samples

I'd say that is pretty Dam Good Evidence of Bigfoot all ready collected by people out in the field trying to prove its existence to the Scientific Community

Bolding mine

There is a theory in the skeptic community that the "white man's" modern bigfoot has nothing to do with Native American animal spirits and shapeshifters and hairy people.

It is just something else bigfoot proponents take advantage of and customize and sensationalize to fit their "white man's" bigfoot profile. But upon closer more objective examinations of Native American legends and folklore and boogeymen tales, the bigfoot proponents have no Foot to stand on.

If you want more information pm me.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 05 November 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#32    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,287 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 05 November 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Patterson Film Nuff Said
bloke in a suit - "nuff said".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#33    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 05 November 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Hmm.  I guess I hadn't considered that side of the coin.  I guess we'll see.  Interesting point you make.   I'll reserve my opinion until I see some more information.

That's cool, fact is anyone can make up a whole new personna and post as another person. UNfortunately, this is a common practice by many, and then too you have to wonder how many different personnas here are owned by the same person. If they all have the same IP address then most likely they're the same person. The picture is one that's available on the web and to be honest, he's only posted once after promising to come back and answer question on the project. Then when you consider who it is that's ramrodding the contact then I'm not so keen on belief.

#34    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Besides Finding a Dead Body We Have:

Body? What body? Where can I go to see this body for myself? Where's the DNA evidence from the body?

Come on man, you dropped that bomb so now you need to either put up or shut up.

#35    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

telepathy and bigfoot?

That's great, combine two things for which there is absolutely no evidence together.

#36    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 05 November 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

No but if i did find one the Media will know about it :tu:

But look at all the evidence that you claim to have: Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People, Bigfoot "Calls", Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us, Scat Evidence(****), Footprints, Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American indians, Patterson Film, Blood Samples.

Why do you think the international media aren't beating a path to your/Bigfoot's door based on what you are claiming?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#37    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,746 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 05 November 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

telepathy and bigfoot?

That's great, combine two things for which there is absolutely no evidence together.
Personally, I don't see BF being telepathic. If telepathy was real, I think we'd see it in the general human population, and we don't. Not in any recognizable way. And... being a identical twin, I think if telepathy was real, I'd remember practicing it with my twin, which I did not.

Joan Ocean cracks me up.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#38    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,746 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 05 November 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

But look at all the evidence that you claim to have: Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People, Bigfoot "Calls", Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us, Scat Evidence(****), Footprints, Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American indians, Patterson Film, Blood Samples.

Why do you think the international media aren't beating a path to your/Bigfoot's door based on what you are claiming?
It is the same old arguement... Why would so many people lie? I don't believe they are lying. But I don't believe everyone of them saw an actual Bigfoot... or even if any of them did. But, statistically, one solution is rarely the cause of all of such a phenomena. So, the phenomena is real, it is the reason of the phenomena that is in dispute.

As I've said before, I think that most of the BF sightings are misidentification... maybe hikers, maybe Hobo Sapiens, maybe bears. Some must be hoaxes. Some are likely shadows or swaying trees. And a very few might be some kind of hairy ape. Whether that ape is actually some kind of genetically unfortunate human or some kind of early homonid is up to debate. But, I think there definately is some very small percentage likelyness that such a critter is real. Even hard core skeptics will give you a number above zero if you push them. It might be so small as to approach zero, trillionths of a percentage point. But the percentage exists.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#39    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,287 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 05 November 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's obviously a conspiracy!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#40    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

I have wondered about the "look at ALL the eye witness accounts" for years. Since we as of yet have no animal or even any excellent photographic evidence...

How many of those "dots" (sightings) on the maps even occurred (even as hoaxes, imaginings, or misidentifications)?

How many "dots" are believers to start with either culturally or socially or imaginatively?

I'm thinking the "data" on sightings is fudged far more than we realize. Period.

Kind of the bunny rabbit style of data reporting:  With 2 you get 1000.

And how could you check? Who has checked? Again, no accountability as with all BF "evidence".

Edited by QuiteContrary, 06 November 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#41    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,085 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 06 November 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

As I've said before, I think that most of the BF sightings are misidentification... maybe hikers, maybe Hobo Sapiens, maybe bears. Some must be hoaxes. Some are likely shadows or swaying trees. And a very few might be some kind of hairy ape. Whether that ape is actually some kind of genetically unfortunate human or some kind of early homonid is up to debate. But, I think there definately is some very small percentage likelyness that such a critter is real. Even hard core skeptics will give you a number above zero if you push them. It might be so small as to approach zero, trillionths of a percentage point. But the percentage exists.

Misidentifications happen and hoaxes happen but there is more to it than that (much more than the trillionth of a percentage point). There is a very significant social factor that often goes unnoticed. We may not be able to study an actual Bigfoot but we can do the next best thing and study the people who claim that they do study Bigfoot.

Many of these folk claim multiple sightings/encounters, others dozens, while others still claims literally hundreds of sightings/encounters. It is these people that, by themselves, make up a significant proportion of the total pool of alleged Bigfoot sightings. That they are also "researchers", they also often collect and investigate local claims - many of these are from family members, personal friends, and the friends of those personal friends. If people they know and trust similarly claim to see Bigfoot then it justifies and reinforces their position.

If hundreds of alleged Bigfoot reports are generated by the researchers themselves then potentially thousands more are generated by their immediate social circles. Of course, there are no stats for this and the social details of Bigfoot claimants is often purposely obfuscated but I'd wager that the vast majority of Bigfoot claims in the last 50 years, particularly in the last 20 years comes from this very small group of interconnected people - perhaps loosely categorised as a community/sub-culture of Bigfoot-enthusiasts.

People may laugh and frown upon the Ocean's, Moneymakers, and Bobos of the Bigfoot world but they are just individualised examples of the same expressive impulse that inspires the entire subculture. They are all contributing significantly to the common Bigfoot lore/mythology because they largely are the Bigfoot lore/mythology. They know Bigfoot exists because they have seen them many, many times and their "research", then, is geared towards proving Bigfoot exists - it is the exact opposite of the scientific approach but perhaps that is the point of it.

So, if some Bigfoot claims are the result of hoaxing (which they are) and others the result of genuine misidentification (which they most likely are) then the rest - perhaps even the majority - are largely fantasized: purposely misidentified, exaggerated, confabulated, imagined, and simply made up by the loose community of Bigfoot-enthusiasts and their immediate social groups. Like it or not - it certainly happens consciously or otherwise.

View PostDieChecker, on 06 November 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

Personally, I don't see BF being telepathic. If telepathy was real, I think we'd see it in the general human population, and we don't. Not in any recognizable way. And... being a identical twin, I think if telepathy was real, I'd remember practicing it with my twin, which I did not.

Joan Ocean cracks me up.

It doesn't really matter if Bigfoot, telepathy, and Bigfoot-telepathy are possible or even real. There is a relatively small subculture of people that know Bigfoot exist because they have seem it and/or communicated telepathically with it. In many ways, this IS the Bigfoot experience. If we can understand these people then we can perhaps understand the broader Bigfoot phenomenon...

View PostDieChecker, on 06 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Alternately, I'd put forward that those with degrees in biology, zoology, natural science and such could be termed cryptozoologists if they made that their main subject of study. These would/should be the only people considered to be expert. Just because you've run into a bigfoot shouldn't make you an expert.

I question whether there are ANY who have a degree in biology, zoology, or natural science whose main subject of study is cryptozoology. Even for them, cryptozoology is a hobby or side-interest. Perhaps this is part of the appeal of crypozoology - that it is a great leveller. The bastions of knowlege know no more (or even less) than the amateurs (who are on the coal-front of the phenomenon) about cryptozoology. Seeing Bigfoot once doesn't make you an expert but multiple sightings sure do...

There is also the problem of appropriately-educated and academic folk who also claim to have seen Bigfoot like Valentin Sapunov.

Everything is blurry when it comes to Bigfoot...

Edited by Night Walker, 06 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#42    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 05 November 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

telepathy and bigfoot?

Aw, you're just mad because telepathic people know the truth about Bigfoot - he's a ghost!!

#43    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

View Postsam12six, on 06 November 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Aw, you're just mad because telepathic people know the truth about Bigfoot - he's a ghost!!

Hey wait a cotton picking minute! I thought Bigfoot was an alien? I saw it on TV and you know they can't put anything on TV that isn't true.

.......just like the internet. So there!

Now I have a date with a French model I met on the internet.

#44    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

What the... :w00t: :td: :whistle:

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

#45    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,746 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 06 November 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Misidentifications happen and hoaxes happen but there is more to it than that (much more than the trillionth of a percentage point). There is a very significant social factor that often goes unnoticed. We may not be able to study an actual Bigfoot but we can do the next best thing and study the people who claim that they do study Bigfoot.
I meant to show that there are many reasons why bigfoot is not real, and only a tiny chance he is real. You could very well be right that much of it is mental reenforcement within a relatively small community of True Believers.

They know Bigfoot exists because they have seen them many, many times and their "research", then, is geared towards proving Bigfoot exists - it is the exact opposite of the scientific approach but perhaps that is the point of it.
But, despite those trying to practice cryptozoology being non-scientific, that does not make the subject of cryptozoology un-scientific. Those people are simply not practicing the science of their hobby correctly.

I question whether there are ANY who have a degree in biology, zoology, or natural science whose main subject of study is cryptozoology. Even for them, cryptozoology is a hobby or side-interest. Perhaps this is part of the appeal of crypozoology - that it is a great leveller. The bastions of knowlege know no more (or even less) than the amateurs (who are on the coal-front of the phenomenon) about cryptozoology. Seeing Bigfoot once doesn't make you an expert but multiple sightings sure do...

There is also the problem of appropriately-educated and academic folk who also claim to have seen Bigfoot like Valentin Sapunov.

Everything is blurry when it comes to Bigfoot...
That is why I am still interested in the subject at all. There are so many people who should not be fooled... who are educted and experienced. It makes me wonder if maybe there is something out there.

Also tagged with bigfoot, telepathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users