Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Passenger rocket cleared for powered flight

virgin galactic scaled composites spaceshiptwo space tourism

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,215 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

Virgin Galactic cleared for rocket-powered test flights

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

Virgin Galactic is to make its first rocket-powered test flights for its commercials passenger spaceship later this year after being granted clearance.

Scaled Composites, Virgin Galactic's spaceship design partner, was granted an experimental permit from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) a move that will allow it to proceed with powered flights.

No timetable has been set for the first launches carrying paying customers, expected to take place after the test programme is complete.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

i wont take it if i had to pay cuz i cost maybe half a million dollars and u have to eat space food. ( ughh ) but if i could go for free...then ill indure the space food. no offense but i tried space food and its disgusting

it*

#3    esperwolf

esperwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
    - Oscar Wilde

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Fansinating I would love to venture to space. Problem though I won't have the cash to. Not only that wheres the warp speed and stuff. I know that will probably take another 1million years for us to discover.

#4    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postesperwolf, on 02 June 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

Fansinating I would love to venture to space. Problem though I won't have the cash to. Not only that wheres the warp speed and stuff. I know that will probably take another 1million years for us to discover.

1 million years? No, but it will take some time. I hope sometime in my lifetime I can take a trip around Mars at least.

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,215 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postgrc, on 14 June 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

1 million years? No, but it will take some time. I hope sometime in my lifetime I can take a trip around Mars at least.
Warp speed in your lifetime? Not unless physics is totally turned on it's head. Current theory forbids it.

But getting to Mars needs a lot less than warp speed, and that could easily be achievable in the next few years

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users