Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

students capture images of Bigfoot in Idaho?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Did a group of high school students capture images of Bigfoot in Idaho?

A group of high school students believe they may have stumbled upon Bigfoot while in the Idaho wilderness for a class project.
The teenagers were in the woods near Mink Creek in Franklin County when they said they noticed a dark creature watching them from a ridge.
One of the students managed to grab his camera to film the large figure retreating between the trees.

http://www.dailymail...-Sasquatch.html

Edited by sean6, 01 June 2012 - 01:13 AM.

#2    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

I still say until they find a corpse and irrefutable DNA evidence I am not convinced.

Too many hoaxers and too many publicity stunts!

I was into the Big Foot phenomena until those guys with the corpse in the ice box thing turned out to be a publicity stunt a couple of years ago. It can also be a man in an ape suit. I want solid proof. That's just me.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,422 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

This may be for real, I've even heard several local stories that sound convincing but I need a corpse to be 100% convinced.  Hoax's and fakes tend to be a big problem with everything from this to paintings, etc.

#4    Matt121

Matt121

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

am I the only one that doesn't see anything in the red circle except bushes or trees? I don't see anything resembling an animal

#5    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

To strengthen my point of view a bit more...with the technology that hunters use and the average person can get a hold of a lot of advanced hunting technology why can't they capture irrefutable proof of Big Foot? The videos are always shaky, never taped in high def and always seem to be at the right place at the right time??? The next time you go to video a supposed Big Foot in action... USE A DAMN TRI-POD!!!

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostEcto76, on 01 June 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

To strengthen my point of view a bit more...with the technology that hunters use and the average person can get a hold of a lot of advanced hunting technology why can't they capture irrefutable proof of Big Foot? The videos are always shaky, never taped in high def and always seem to be at the right place at the right time??? The next time you go to video a supposed Big Foot in action... USE A DAMN TRI-POD!!!

Exactly! If you go to all the trouble to set up the blasted hoax why try to disprove it with lousy photography? At these distances spend less on the costume and more on the equipment!

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

Yeah, videos are all well and good but that could be me in a monkey suit.

Just doesn't work well for for me without something tangible.

#8    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Not convinced at all,the footprint doesn't look real at all to me.

This looks staged to me..Bring me DNA and i will believe. :yes:

Hunters must set up game tracking camera's all over the US and Canada,yet nothing seems to crop up.

Edited by shaddow134, 01 June 2012 - 04:19 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#9    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 01 June 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

Hunters must set up game tracking camera's all over the US and Canada,yet nothing seems to crop up.

They were  a long distance away and it was heavily wooded so too "right place right time" for me, let alone even noticing the thing in the first place. And knowing it was "not a bear or a moose or"...
Plus, ONE footprint. I've gotten used to the two-legged teleporting bigfoots, but the one- legged ones confuse me. :wacko:
I think one of Meldrum's casts may have gone missing for a while . Could the creature in the video be?....No......... could it? :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 June 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#10    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

to get a better idea how far they were: watch for the long shot of the sighting area

#11    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 01 June 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

I was noticing that as well, it looks a little too "flat" to be an actual footprint from a real creature. Normally you'd see deeper impressions from a toe push off or heel impact from stepping. Looks like they took and made a form then stamped it in the snow. Most likely a prank to get on TV or to get the "Finding Bigfoot" people to have them on the show.

#12    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

"group of high school students" makes me question the credibility a little.

No offense to any high schoolers ;)

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 01 June 2012 - 11:01 AM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#13    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 01 June 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

I was noticing that as well, it looks a little too "flat" to be an actual footprint from a real creature. Normally you'd see deeper impressions from a toe push off or heel impact from stepping. Looks like they took and made a form then stamped it in the snow. Most likely a prank to get on TV or to get the "Finding Bigfoot" people to have them on the show.
I agree, with snow on the ground you would think theyd find more than one perfect print.  Too perfect it looks like.  The figure seems to be a bit blotchy, maybe its just the zooming and video quality.  It just doesnt look proper the way it moves theough the bushes.  Almost like its behind one istant and overtop the next.  Its so slight an image even zoomed I find it surprising it would have even been noticed to zoom in on.  It reminds me of another video on awhile ago that was the PG film creture superimposed on a different setting.  That one was more obvious but this one could be the same idea.
Maybe the high school project was make a hoax bigfoot film

#14    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well, I'll be, thats it, bigfoot is real. I didn't believe before, but I do now. No doubt about it anymore, bigfoot is real.

Mike

#15    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,477 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

First, how did they spot the, virtually invisible, figure from that distance?

Second, how did it know to walk away just as he zoomed in to film it?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users