Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Drones and ExtraJudicial Killings

drones

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,362 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

http://counterterror...rica.net/drones

I thought I'd post this so a discussion could be engaged over the USE of drones in modern warfare.  From other threads I've sensed real animosity against the US for using these aircraft to kill combatants as well as "suspected" combatants.  I believe that the collateral losses associated with the drone program is acceptable in a war time situation.  Others think every individual who is targeted needs the due process of law rendered prior to killing them.  Can anyone offer suggestions how the "process" of target selection and execution can be made more foolproof?  Should drones just not be used at all?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postand then, on 04 June 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

http://counterterror...rica.net/drones

I thought I'd post this so a discussion could be engaged over the USE of drones in modern warfare.  From other threads I've sensed real animosity against the US for using these aircraft to kill combatants as well as "suspected" combatants.  I believe that the collateral losses associated with the drone program is acceptable in a war time situation.  Others think every individual who is targeted needs the due process of law rendered prior to killing them.  Can anyone offer suggestions how the "process" of target selection and execution can be made more foolproof?  Should drones just not be used at all?

I think during conflicts like Afganistan the population shoud be temporarily chipped.

Everyone should be given one month to get chipped and informed that each chips has GPS and a microphone to communicate what they're saying back to the authorities.

Terrorism would end over night. For the odd IED instance that still occurs records will reveal which Afgans to arrest. Also the drones could be programmed to kill all without a chip.

After the war they can be deactivated and reused later if violance starts back up thereby returning freedoms to the population.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,627 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Personally I am opposed to using weaponized drones.  Too much disconnect from the act of killing makes it a thing too easily done.  

Also, I'm sick of my government killing people in my name, as I do not associate many actions or words spoken by our leaders with integrity.  

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,627 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 June 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

I think during conflicts like Afganistan the population shoud be temporarily chipped.

Everyone should be given one month to get chipped and informed that each chips has GPS and a microphone to communicate what they're saying back to the authorities.

Terrorism would end over night. For the odd IED instance that still occurs records will reveal which Afgans to arrest. Also the drones could be programmed to kill all without a chip.

After the war they can be deactivated and reused later if violance starts back up thereby returning freedoms to the population.

By what right or authority???  Would you get chipped?  Crazy.  Get chipped or be killed by NATO.  Stupid.

Edited by OverSword, 04 June 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostOverSword, on 04 June 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Personally I am opposed to using weaponized drones.  Too much disconnect from the act of killing makes it a thing too easily done.  

Also, I'm sick of my government killing people in my name, as I do not associate many actions or words spoken by our leaders with integrity.  

So what would you do?

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,627 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostErix, on 04 June 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

So what would you do?

Collapse the empire and dismantle most of the military.  I really don't believe that any of the wars in which we are currently involved are about protecting our citizens.

And that includes the so called war on drugs.

Edited by OverSword, 04 June 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#7    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

It should be international law that weaponized drones will A. only be used in an officially declared war and B. Never be used in any capacity domestically - whether they are armed or not.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 04 June 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

It should be international law that weaponized drones will A. only be used in an officially declared war and B. Never be used in any capacity domestically - whether they are armed or not.

I think drones are good idea.

You seem to forget if we werent sending drones it would be people who could lose their lives.

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostOverSword, on 04 June 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Collapse the empire and dismantle most of the military.  I really don't believe that any of the wars in which we are currently involved are about protecting our citizens.

And that includes the so called war on drugs.
Would that mean USA being part of the UK? member of the common wealth? It would casue more people unemployed, more trouble and encourage more terrorism.

#10    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 June 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I think drones are good idea.

You seem to forget if we werent sending drones it would be people who could lose their lives.

Exactly!!! Maybe if we have to put people in harm's way we'll think a little longer about using them. But I'm not saying dont use them Im just saying we shouldn't be using them unless there is a declared war . If there is no declared war then there is no reason to put anyone in harm's way and if the president cant get congressional approval to declare war then we probably shouldnt be killing people.

Edited by Farmer77, 04 June 2012 - 05:53 PM.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,627 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostErix, on 04 June 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Would that mean USA being part of the UK? member of the common wealth? It would casue more people unemployed, more trouble and encourage more terrorism.
Part of the UK??  How would that work?

You say it would cause more unemployment, I believe it would have the opposite effect by promoting growth within instead of giving jobs away to foriegn slave labor.  What's that got to do with drones?

Drones are for cowards.  Drones create too much dissasociation with the act of killing.  Killing is wrong and before you say they did it first, we did it more.  Two wrongs don't make a right as my mother was fond of pointing out when I was a child.

Edited by OverSword, 04 June 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#12    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostOverSword, on 04 June 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Part of the UK??  How would that work?

You say it would cause more unemployment, I believe it would have the opposite effect by promoting growth within instead of giving jobs away to foriegn slave labor.  What's that got to do with drones?

Drones are for cowards.  Drones create too much dissasociation with the act of killing.  Killing is wrong and before you say the did it first, we did it more.  Two wrongs don't make a right as my mother was fond of pointing out when I was a child.

It could work if we ever got rid of the Monarchy however I suspect it would be the US system that expand to include us not the other way around.

#13    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Drones are just the next stage of progression in technical warfare.I see nothing wrong in using them if its warranted.

#14    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,627 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 June 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

It could work if we ever got rid of the Monarchy however I suspect it would be the US system that expand to include us not the other way around.

Pity for you if that happens.  You'll just love our version of social medicine!

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,318 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

If one assumes that the US Constitution is the supreme law of the land, then we are not in a state of war.  We are in a 11 year old UNDECLARED war, the hallmark of which is military aggression in contravention of international law.

What we have here is The Unitary Executive acting in a manner similar to King George back in 1776.  What's sad about it is that so many ordinary citizens, utterly ignorant of the Constitution and certain legal principles, support the illegal actions by our Assassin-In-Chief.

The Global War On Terror is a fraud of epic proportions, based upon fraud and deception.  Yep, we have the government we deserve.

Also tagged with drones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users