Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

All five Star Trek TV captains unite

william shatner patrick stewart avery brooks kate mulgrew scott bakula

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,020 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

They have all had the honour of playing a Star Trek captain on one of the franchise's hugely successful television shows.

But strangely enough, the five sci-fi TV captains have never appeared all together - until this weekend.

William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew and Scott Bakula all appeared on stage together at the Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con yesterday.

http://www.dailymail...convention.html

Posted Image

#2    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,419 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

What about Christopher Pine as Kirk 2.0?  I know, I'm splitting hairs.  It'd be interesting to see him with the other captains, to see how he stacks up against screen veterans (not to mention one of the other captains is going to get too old soon and there just won't be a chance for the six to appear together again).

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,611 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 06 June 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

What about Christopher Pine as Kirk 2.0?  I know, I'm splitting hairs.  It'd be interesting to see him with the other captains, to see how he stacks up against screen veterans (not to mention one of the other captains is going to get too old soon and there just won't be a chance for the six to appear together again).
He was only in the one movie - this is for the "TV" Captains *sigh* I gotta say he rates as fave though.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

And Sisko is still pimper than all of them.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

I saw a documentary about all the Trek captens,... Iv got to say, Avery Brooks is one weird cat. :clap:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1946421/

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,064 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 06 June 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

He only just made it to captain at the end, he still has to complete a mission yet ;)

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,064 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Well from the article, one thing seems certain. They might not have been on stage together, but I bet Kate Mulgrew and WIlliam Shatner have visited the same restaurants! Crikey, what the heck happened to Kate Mulgrew? Anyone ever see her in Remo, Unarmed and Dangerous? (Different title in the states I believe, a new beginning or something like that).

Good Lord, I am starting to get very worried about Jerri Ryan, don't kill that fantasy Jerri!

Remo
Posted Image

Voyager

Posted Image

Now?

Impostor! Last episode of voyager!! See! She looks the same just grey!!

Posted Image

Hrrmzzzzzzzz...................
Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

She also makes an awesome bloodsucker,... from Dracula 2000.

Posted Image

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#9    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,086 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

After seeing the photos I am 100% convinced that Patrick Stewart never ages.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#10    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Some people never seem to....... weird, isnt it.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,064 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostHazzard, on 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

She also makes an awesome bloodsucker,... from Dracula 2000.

Posted Image

Doesn't she! That could bite my neck anytime LOL

Havent seen that one, going to have to get that now! New look for 7 of 9!

Edited by psyche101, 15 June 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#12    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 June 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

Jerri Ryan has pimples!!! Jerry Ryan has pimples!!!

Sorry, I digress, but it makes me and my pimples feel good. :tsu:

#13    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Kinda makes me wish I watched most of these series so I could appreciate it more. I only saw most of next and only a small handful of the other ones. Maybe in another life.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,064 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 15 June 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Jerri Ryan has pimples!!! Jerry Ryan has pimples!!!

Sorry, I digress, but it makes me and my pimples feel good. :tsu:

:w00t: :lol: :tu:

View PostA Silent Shadow, on 15 June 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Kinda makes me wish I watched most of these series so I could appreciate it more. I only saw most of next and only a small handful of the other ones. Maybe in another life.

Plenty of time!! All on DVD, on telly still quite a bit, here in Australia anyway

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,064 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

I am surprised that 4 of the 5 did not all turn to Scott Bakula and go

WAY TO KILL THE FRANCHISE BAKULA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users