Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Sexuality

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time.

Most of my friends know I'm bi.  Actually, my real friends know I'm bi and some other people do, too.  The biggest problems I've had attitude-wise come from the boyfriends and husbands of my close female friends.  They've often ended up getting weird around me, sometimes even a little mean.  It took forever to figure out that, even though I don't bonk their ladies, I am both temptation and threat.  

Oftentimes the first thing they'll say right off the bat is that it's okay with them as long as they can watch or join.  I tell them my sexuality is about me, not them.   (And if I have to say that to a guy I'm dating, there won't be a next date).  So for the boyfriends and husbands, it seems they're turned on by the thought of me being with their ladies, and pissed because I might go for it and they won't get invited.  Then I have to have their ladies explain to them that if I were going to go for it, I would have done it before we actually became close friends.  Ugh, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, but why should I?  My sexuality is a part of who I am, and my real friends know who I am.  

Zara, this is what I envy about your generation, that there's so much openness about bisexuality.  I didn't talk about it for most of my life because I felt guilty, and telling someone was a huge risk.  And for bi's, what was the point in taking a risk?  We had everything to lose and, unlike gays and lesbians, nothing significant to gain - with the exception of the bi's who can nest with either gender because that's how they're programmed.  Me, I don't nest with girls, it's not how I'm programmed, so the only reason I used to have for telling someone was if I was hoping to get in a girl's panties, ergo The Risk.

As far as your religious beliefs go, well...if I were ever forced to have a baby I would only keep it if it were a ginger, otherwise I'd let you eat it.

#47    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

So you only tell certain people? Doesn't it feel bad to hide who you are? Or to just not be accepted for you who are?
As for the watching or joining thing, I find that disgusting and perverted. It makes me uncomfortable, I don't want to be on show and I'm not here for entertainment. How did you react to such a request?

As with the openness comes a lot of negative criticism usually indoctrinated in to religious children, much like the ones I grew up with. Hit up a gay club, it's a wicked experience if you're looking for ladies just for fun. Everyone who walks through the door is 'expected' to be gay or bi, the gays guys call you beautiful and compliment what you're wearing and the girls perve and you perve back ;) and from there it's up to you! fyi, you're never too old.

LOL! Darn.. love me some ginger kids.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#48    my_psychosis

my_psychosis

Psychic spy

• 2,736 posts

• Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
    "Pigkiller"

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time. Then, on top of that, I am an agnostic/athiest (I don't believe but I lean more towards the possibility rather then the skeptical and am open minded) people start jumping up and down as if I am the embodiment of their devil. Why does this barbaric practice of treating others different because of their beliefs still happen? I don't laugh in some kids face because they believe in Santa, I don't interrupt anybodies prayers because they mean nothing to me. Why can't I get the same respect I give? Is this ever going to change?

P.s I don't sacrifice babies if anybody was wondering..

pp.s I can't help but lol at black people trying to tell gays not to marry, when they themselves had no right to vote not even a hundred years ago, they are protesting just as the whites did.

pps. Enjoy the picture. :)

I do think I get an idea of what your saying. I know it has nothing to do with our sexuality but we are still ostracized. My man and I are, eccentric, you could say. We own and drive a hearse (not as a job, it's our own personal car) people call us sick, twisted, etc, and, lol, we have been accused of sacrificing babies. Just because we drive a hearse and wear black. Actually my man works in a factory 5 sometimes 6 days a week, and I love to cook and do the house wife bit. But because of what people see, they don't want to give us the time of day. Sadly there are a lot of, well, to put it politely uninformed idio&#, (Oops sorry if I offended anybody lol), people in the world.
But dont worry, there are good ones to. We have found some. :wub: and I'm sure you have found some to. If not you will. :wub:

Onomatopoeia. Well, that doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb word. I mean, you gotta wonder what was going on in the room the day they needed to make up that word.
Bridgette Dubois ( from TV's Medium)

#49    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostSuddenPsychic, on 14 June 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

Most of my friends know I'm bi.  Actually, my real friends know I'm bi and some other people do, too.  The biggest problems I've had attitude-wise come from the boyfriends and husbands of my close female friends.  They've often ended up getting weird around me, sometimes even a little mean.  It took forever to figure out that, even though I don't bonk their ladies, I am both temptation and threat.  

Oftentimes the first thing they'll say right off the bat is that it's okay with them as long as they can watch or join.  I tell them my sexuality is about me, not them.   (And if I have to say that to a guy I'm dating, there won't be a next date).  So for the boyfriends and husbands, it seems they're turned on by the thought of me being with their ladies, and pissed because I might go for it and they won't get invited.  Then I have to have their ladies explain to them that if I were going to go for it, I would have done it before we actually became close friends.  Ugh, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, but why should I?  My sexuality is a part of who I am, and my real friends know who I am.  

Zara, this is what I envy about your generation, that there's so much openness about bisexuality.  I didn't talk about it for most of my life because I felt guilty, and telling someone was a huge risk.  And for bi's, what was the point in taking a risk?  We had everything to lose and, unlike gays and lesbians, nothing significant to gain - with the exception of the bi's who can nest with either gender because that's how they're programmed.  Me, I don't nest with girls, it's not how I'm programmed, so the only reason I used to have for telling someone was if I was hoping to get in a girl's panties, ergo The Risk.

As far as your religious beliefs go, well...if I were ever forced to have a baby I would only keep it if it were a ginger, otherwise I'd let you eat it.
I still don't understand why you have to tell people your sexuality?
PS i'm a lesbian stuck in a mans body, can i watch :wub:

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#50    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

No one need to feel left out or accepted by their sexual orientation, its just stupit, if you are a good peron and a good friend what else really matter, i know for sure its not you sex orientation.

If you choose to make a big deal of it then the people will around you will fill like it is.
So what if some conservative people don't like you, you can't be loved by all, the world don't funcion like that, the hell i'm hated by many, really meny people, but i don't give a **** what they think of me. I'm not a gay and I don't aprove of some things, but thats my opinion, and I respect yours and i'll not turn my back on someone becouse of her/his sex orientation, thats just stupid.

My advice is don't care wat people think of you, if you know you are a good person and your friend know you good qualities, you don't need to care what some stranger thinks of you, just smile and give him the finger.

Edited by diablo_04, 15 June 2012 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#51    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Naked Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

• Ultimately, your experience is the best teacher.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

You could say we're all the same in sexuality and love in some ways, but truth is there's so much little differences in how people love and want to feel each other, that bisexuality is just a drop in the ocean. Many people have fetishes too. In love, all you need is love.

If you feel the need to argue with others, you dont get free will.
Be what you are. It's up to you.
Leaving everything behind, what are you left with? That which is always inside you. It'll always guide you, if you l
isten.
Nature itself has power no technology in hundred years will replicate. Power to heal you from the inside out. It is holy.

#52    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 14 June 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

So you only tell certain people? Doesn't it feel bad to hide who you are? Or to just not be accepted for you who are?
As for the watching or joining thing, I find that disgusting and perverted. It makes me uncomfortable, I don't want to be on show and I'm not here for entertainment. How did you react to such a request?

As with the openness comes a lot of negative criticism usually indoctrinated in to religious children, much like the ones I grew up with. Hit up a gay club, it's a wicked experience if you're looking for ladies just for fun. Everyone who walks through the door is 'expected' to be gay or bi, the gays guys call you beautiful and compliment what you're wearing and the girls perve and you perve back ;) and from there it's up to you! fyi, you're never too old.

LOL! Darn.. love me some ginger kids.

I don't feel the need to tell everyone about who I like to bonk, but I don't hide it.  I'm not ashamed.  What's important is that accepting my sexuality was part of my journey in accepting myself; anyone who doesn't accept me for who I am is not someone I accept into my life.  It's no different, really, than accepting me for my spirituality (which you get), my sense of humor, or my (non-sexual) passions.

Most of the time if someone asks to watch or take part they're being disrespectful, even if they try to play it off as being funny.  It's so transparent, so stupid, so 20th century, so disrespectful (ahem, hetrodoxly).  I just tell them my sexuality isn't about them and they generally ****.  If they don't, I walk away.  I don't have time for creepiness or ignorance.

To clarify, I kept my mouth closed about it until my mid-thirties, in large part because I lived in the Deep South and most bi's live under rocks.  I got tired of looking under rocks.  Where I live now I have no problem meeting anyone, going to gay bars, etc., and most are quite accepting of it up here.  Honestly, it's just not a big deal to me anymore because I've completed my journey to self-acceptance in that area.

On a side note, whenever and wherever the subject of bisexuality and openness comes up, one or more people always ask, "Why do you feel the need to tell anyone?"  I like to answer with a question of my own: "You're straight, aren't you?"

Edited by SuddenPsychic, 15 June 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#53    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hahaha!  I got censored!  I put the initials for shutting the [letter] up.

#54    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostSuddenPsychic, on 15 June 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

I don't feel the need to tell everyone about who I like to bonk, but I don't hide it.  I'm not ashamed.  What's important is that accepting my sexuality was part of my journey in accepting myself; anyone who doesn't accept me for who I am is not someone I accept into my life.  It's no different, really, than accepting me for my spirituality (which you get), my sense of humor, or my (non-sexual) passions.

Most of the time if someone asks to watch or take part they're being disrespectful, even if they try to play it off as being funny.  It's so transparent, so stupid, so 20th century, so disrespectful (ahem, hetrodoxly).  I just tell them my sexuality isn't about them and they generally ****.  If they don't, I walk away.  I don't have time for creepiness or ignorance.

To clarify, I kept my mouth closed about it until my mid-thirties, in large part because I lived in the Deep South and most bi's live under rocks.  I got tired of looking under rocks.  Where I live now I have no problem meeting anyone, going to gay bars, etc., and most are quite accepting of it up here.  Honestly, it's just not a big deal to me anymore because I've completed my journey to self-acceptance in that area.

On a side note, whenever and wherever the subject of bisexuality and openness comes up, one or more people always ask, "Why do you feel the need to tell anyone?"  I like to answer with a question of my own: "You're straight, aren't you?"
No you've got me all wrong! i will definitely respect you while i'm watching :P

Hetrodoxly.

#55    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 15 June 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

No you've got me all wrong! i will definitely respect you while i'm watching :P

I can't speak for ZaraKitty, and maybe giving your offensive/inane/sexually harassing comments any attention whatsoever is making you worse, but really, show some respect.  That's what this thread is about.

You've been a member so long I think you've forgotten the rules about behavior.  Maybe you should review.

#56    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,118 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostSuddenPsychic, on 15 June 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

I can't speak for ZaraKitty, and maybe giving your offensive/inane/sexually harassing comments any attention whatsoever is making you worse, but really, show some respect.  That's what this thread is about.

You've been a member so long I think you've forgotten the rules about behavior.  Maybe you should review.

He's just kidding. He already saw the comments about it and is just yanking your chains. He is a good guy. ;)

#57    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostMichelle, on 15 June 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

He's just kidding. He already saw the comments about it and is just yanking your chains. He is a good guy. ;)

I figured someone would say that and I don't doubt he is, but it's a sensitive subject and he's button-pushing.  I'm not easily offended - I do standup comedy.  Maybe one of these days I'll be the one standing up for him and saying he's a good guy, and maybe someone will have to stand up for me and my smart mouth.

Edited by SuddenPsychic, 15 June 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#58    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,118 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostSuddenPsychic, on 15 June 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I figured someone would say that and I don't doubt he is, but it's a sensitive subject and he's button-pushing.  I'm not easily offended - seriously, I do standup comedy.

Then you should understand. :su

#59    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostSuddenPsychic, on 15 June 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Should i take that for a no?

Hetrodoxly.

#60    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 15 June 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Should i take that for a no?

You turd...and i was taking up for you! :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users