Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#1    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Mrs Jesse Roestenberg and her children witness an extraordinary event in a village in Staffordshire England 1954.  This one caught my attention on two accounts; she saw the pilots in detail, and the shear sincerity of her testimony is compelling.

http://unhypnotize.c...oestenberg.html

Posted Image

#2    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

POPULAR

As with all of these stories we hear about ET visitors it is up to the listener to believe it or not.

No, I think I will wait for that hard scientific evidence that any of this is real,... then there will be no reason to believe, then we will KNOW.

Edited by Hazzard, 06 June 2012 - 01:57 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 June 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

As with all of these stories we hear about ET visitors it is up to the listener to believe it or not.

No, I think I will wait for that hard scientific evidence that any of this is real,... then there will be no reason to believe, then we will KNOW.

The shear number being reported at the moment tells me that you may not have long to wait.  Here's hoping!

PS Regarding dear Jesse; wouldn't you have thought that she would have at least waved to see if they waved back? :alien:

Posted Image

#4    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 June 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

The shear number being reported at the moment tells me that you may not have long to wait.  Here's hoping!

PS Regarding dear Jesse; wouldn't you have thought that she would have at least waved to see if they waved back? :alien:

Having seen a UFO myself, I don't simply assume that all witnesses are lying, crazy or hoaxing, and I don't believe that this lady is at all.  I have no idea who she is, but she seems like a basically sane and stable type who saw something extraordinary.

Of course the skeptics are right that there is not a shred of scientific evidence in thsi case, not even a picture or a landing trace.  Nothing.  So we are just left with her account.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 June 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

The shear number being reported at the moment tells me that you may not have long to wait.

How long do you believe its going to take,...Five months, 3 years,..... 200 years?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 June 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

How long do you believe its going to take,...Five months, 3 years,..... 200 years?

LOL I've no idea.  I understand the frustration.  Why are sightings so fleeting and ephemeral?  Like dragon flies in summer or will o the wisp.  Why are there so very few really close up detailed video's or photographs?  These are good questions and I can only speculate that that is how they intend things to be; only the most fleeting or distant viewings allowed.  It's as if they are only intending us to see them for a long time at great distance, or for a few seconds close up.  Either way is insufficient for really detailed visual evidence.  Imagine if dear Jesse Roestenberg had had her Nikon D700 handy at the time!

Posted Image

#7    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,843 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Well IF they make a Movie about it ,then ITs gotta be real . Right ? Im going to wait until I get a ride with E.T and He, It they what ever they are Let me have like a spark plug or shifter knob off her ! Then Im Going stright to the National Enquirer ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I came across this yesterday; can anyone see similarities in the description of the craft?

Posted Image

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Uh, what are the descriptions?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#10    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Do you lend credence to all the ET visitation stories..... like the millions of abductions/year and the cropscircles, etc,....

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#11    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 13 June 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Uh, what are the descriptions?

Weight of evidence is the key.  I don't smell BS listening to him or Jesse.  Something happened.  There is an undeniable consistency.

Posted Image

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#13    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostDBunker, on 13 June 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Do you lend credence to all the ET visitation stories..... like the millions of abductions/year and the cropscircles, etc,....

Dont hold your breath waiting for an answer, DB,... :whistle:

#14    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostDBunker, on 13 June 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Don't forget all the stuff about aliens teaching humans everything, aliens impreganating our people, human beings are so different from all things that we are aliens, etc.

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

I think Hazz hit the nail on the head, you can believe her or not. I am struggling to dig up much on the family, one link that seems to pertain to the claim is one that say one of the sons goes on the be a Mormon preacher later in life, and that's about it, they drop of the radar. One would think she saw something that freaked her out, and in that instance military should be considered, but I am more wondering the nature of this vist, did Aliens cross the galaxy to buzz a woman and her sons? I could not call her a liar at face value, but I cannot shake Hynek's words in this case.

“There are just too many things going against this theory. To me, it seems ridiculous that super intelligences would travel great distances to do relatively stupid things like stop cars, collect soil samples, and frighten people. I think we must begin to re-examine the evidence. We must begin to look closer to home.”

Which can be viewed at this link

The Wikipedia entry of this quote has been removed, one wonders just how low UFOlogists can sink? That act reeks of desperation!
Travis Walton also described Nordic type people in blue suit's didn't he? But not the best of references.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users