Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#1366    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostKludge808, on 21 August 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

And most of them have had a rather mundane explanation.  I haven't been keeping up with what's happening in the UAP world since I have a lot of other concerns - a terminally ill daughter, personal health and other stuff - but I think it would be educational to dump everything before 1 January, 2001, and sift through everything from the new millennium to find something worthwhile.  There has got to be something worth chasing down.
I don't know if you had seen this set of docs regarding JAL1628. Long read but worth it. And worth to mention temperature gradients up to the flight altitudes (along flightpath, Inuvik, Fairbanks stations)
Posted Image
I'm trying to find (goddam, mess in bookmarks :( ) another sighting by the same captain over the same region in 1987 (and as far as I remember, temperature gradients were similar). I'll post it as soon as possible.

Edit: data in the graph was taken from here

Edited by bmk1245, 21 August 2012 - 08:24 AM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#1367    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postzoser, on 21 August 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

I made it clear what this thread was for BK.  To compile as many classic cases as possible on the one thread to serve as a reference point with special emphasis on first hand testimony.  People can compare details between cases easier, and it helps those who are new to the subject to get up to speed quickly on the most famous cases.
Basically, you created another BE thread (that would be #4).

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#1368    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Kludge, I found it: Mufon UFO Journal, March 1987, JAL sighting update.

#1369    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Basically, you created another BE thread (that would be #4).

A best evidence thread.  Yes I suppose so, but where eye witness testimony serves as the main weight of evidence.  Also if you look at a trace of the cases I have posted, they are in some ways grouped together.  The three children's school cases, the pilot cases, and so on.  The more recent cases tend to be Australian (oops I've given away today's case).  Will post soon.

Also if you notice I'm doing one per day to keep a degree of regularity to it; and this serves to update me on the major cases.  Three years isn't long to be studying Ufology.

one final thing and that is that it's a bit different to a BE thread; I'm not posting random sightings.  These are major classic cases not just video evidence.  An individual, or mass sighting, followed if possible by an abduction, or close encounter with humanoids.  The wholes case.

I hope that clarifies the intention.

Edited by zoser, 21 August 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#1370    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Victoria - Australia - Date Unknown

Grace Askew was a normal Australian women as she was driving in her car with a group of girlfriends. Then her world changed forever as she caught a glimpse of a bright orange light shining through the trees as she drove.

One of the other women in the car then noticed a really bright light above the trees and they joked that it might be a UFO. The joke ended though when more lights appeared behind the car and they put the foot down and tried to find a safe place to park.

When the women got out of the car they clearly saw a UFO fly over the top of where they were standing. Grace Askew and the other women that experienced the alien encounter watched the possible UFO until it just suddenly vanished and left all of the women scared for their lives.

The lights then returned once more in the form of a very blinding light and Grace Askew clearly saw an alien being step out of the lights of the UFO.

Grace Askew's husband was doubting of her alien encounter. That all changed though two weeks later when Grace and her husband were alerted to the distress of their 15 year old son. He was going crazy in his bedroom and complaining about a noise he was hearing.

When Grace Askew took the time to listen she heard a familiar sound and then she knew the aliens had returned. They looked out of the window to see the same alien UFO hovered across the top of their house.

Grace and her husband both give testimony but the other woman in the car preferred to keep her identity anonymous.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1371    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

From the Paul Bennewitz film, Kirtland Air Force Base and Sandia National Labs, taken in 1980.  Very few people ever saw these, and needless to say they were not easy to get.  I was never able to see the complete film myself, and as far as I know only some excerpts of the original have ever been publicized, at least in recent years.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 22 August 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#1372    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

A very rare and hard to find Top Secret document about Ghost Rockets in 1946.  Was it really the Russians or something else?

Posted Image

#1373    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

I still say the head is too big compared to the pictures and drawings we were shown.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 22 August 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#1374    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

This is a little closer, but something has messed up its face.  In the pictures we were shown, they were basically smooth-skinned, not wrinkly.  

Posted Image

#1375    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

Don't get excited by this one, though, since it's supposedly one of ours that crashed in 1963, in Area 51, but it does give a nice aerial view of a crash clean up.

Posted Image

#1376    THE INTERPETER

THE INTERPETER

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

<p>

View PostFrom 22 August 2012 - 03:54 AM:

Don't get excited by this one, though, since it's supposedly one of ours that crashed in 1963, in Area 51, but it does give a nice aerial view of a crash clean up.

TheMacGuffin,These crashed UFO's are what the Holy Bible refers to as "Fallen Angels" Do not be decieved asto the true nature of these Aliens.

#1377    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostTHE INTERPETER, on 22 August 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

<p>TheMacGuffin,These crashed UFO's are what the Holy Bible refers to as "Fallen Angels" Do not be decieved asto the true nature of these Aliens.

I got the distinct impression that the military had no great affection for them, and that we shot at them and sometimes they shot at us.  The pictures I saw showed dead bodies in a crashed craft of some kind.  I never believed they were angels or devils, nothing like that, but they had real physical bodies and were flying around in machines--very advanced machines, but machines nonetheless.

They can be hurt and they can be killed.  They can break their little necks and they die when they're hit with bullets.  For these reasons, I do not regard them as supernatural entities at all, but physical things from some other place or time.  I was not told where they were from, but I can assure you that in the pictures they showed us they were quite dead.

I don't think that angels and demons could be killed like that.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 22 August 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#1378    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postzoser, on 21 August 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

A best evidence thread.  Yes I suppose so, but where eye witness testimony serves as the main weight of evidence.  Also if you look at a trace of the cases I have posted, they are in some ways grouped together.  The three children's school cases, the pilot cases, and so on.  The more recent cases tend to be Australian (oops I've given away today's case).  Will post soon.

Also if you notice I'm doing one per day to keep a degree of regularity to it; and this serves to update me on the major cases.  Three years isn't long to be studying Ufology.

one final thing and that is that it's a bit different to a BE thread; I'm not posting random sightings.  These are major classic cases not just video evidence.  An individual, or mass sighting, followed if possible by an abduction, or close encounter with humanoids.  The wholes case.

I hope that clarifies the intention.

The more recent cases have been Australian, I just hope you do not judge the entire country based upon a couple of ditzy blondes and some school kids. I find these few cases out of character for the average Aussie personally.

Regularity is certainly there, perhaps you should slow down a tad. I have mentioned about 3 cases that we have discussed that you forgot we spoke of altogether.

I would also add the the BE thread was about physical evidence, this one is about stories and personal interpretations, so probably quite some difference there too.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1379    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 22 August 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

Thanks for that pic, it is an excellent one, interesting the the debris is so well scattered. This is more what I would expect of something that destructed during decent, not on impact.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1380    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 August 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

The more recent cases have been Australian, I just hope you do not judge the entire country based upon a couple of ditzy blondes and some school kids. I find these few cases out of character for the average Aussie personally.

I Can't imagine that Australia is any different to any other country when it comes to it's UFO visitations and the people's reaction to  the phenomena.  There are some pretty excellent cases there; the Gosford case, and the Kelly Cahill case for example are both highly significant and well documented.  Let's not forget the haunting Fredrick Valentich case.  

I would be interested to know how the media treats the issue out there?  The UK media lost interest some time in the 90's but is seems to be picking up again slightly now with the disclosure announcements.

Regularity is certainly there, perhaps you should slow down a tad. I have mentioned about 3 cases that we have discussed that you forgot we spoke of altogether.

I have a case that MacG mentioned a while ago, that he will be interested in.  Maybe I'll hold them off until tomorrow?

I would also add the the BE thread was about physical evidence, this one is about stories and personal interpretations, so probably quite some difference there too.

Yes I realise that difference.  Hearing all of the witness testimony can allow comparisons to be made, and I have to admit not all cases leave trace evidence.  The Kelly Cahill case did, but Grace Askew's for example did not.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users