Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#31    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postzoser, on 15 June 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Never mind about Stan the man,  What about Kelly Johnson?

What about him?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#32    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostHazzard, on 15 June 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

What about him?

Credible or not?  What about the other witness that allowed the craft's position to be triangulated?

Posted Image

#33    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

I have no idea what they saw, but I do know this,... Kelly Johnson (on the ground) was a true believer in flying saucers before that 1953 sighting and (the pilot) Roy Wimmer mentioned that he had seen " mysterious lights" over Santa Catalina Island years earlier.

Im saying that this sighting would have been more interesting if they werent already "believers".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#34    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

If were talking "Kelly Johnson" Were talking the King of Dark projects,and most likely had a bit of a very balanced mind on all things aerospace and aviation ! He was one of our greatest !
I wouldnt count him out as far as seeing something very strange  that night !
But as time flys by its own rules and limits ,We can only Keep Looking up!
My money is still on the facts are still not in ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#35    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postzoser, on 15 June 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Does anyone have a recent example of where UFO's have landed and people have seen them close up or relatively close?  It looks to me as if there are a lot of cases like this from the 60's and 70's but the nearer to our time we go the less we find.  Can anyone corroborate this?

It looks to me then as if this was a phenomena of those times.  I haven't heard of any close encounter landings recently either; so there we seem to have a trend.  I wonder why this is?  When I saw how Edwin Fuhr described the may small craft that he saw and how he said they were spinning, it made me think that they were perhaps charging up somehow.  Spinning draws things in, like electric motors. The same with the Kansas UFO; again spinning.  I would be interested to know if Travis Walton's craft was also doing the same.

One speculation could be that somehow UFO's no longer need to land to get their energy; they now get it from higher in the atmosphere?

Posted Image

#36    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Another classic UFO case from 1964: Police officer Lonnie Zamora is pursuing a speeding car when he encounters a craft that lands.  The craft leaves landing marks and an investigation is ordered.

Posted Image

#37    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Lonnie Zamora famous UFO story a hoax?

http://ufocon.blogsp...amous-1964.html

Edited by Hazzard, 16 June 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#38    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostHazzard, on 16 June 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

http://ufocon.blogsp...amous-1964.html

No I don't think it was; too much evidence for it.

Posted Image

#39    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 June 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

No I don't think it was; too much evidence for it.

Of course you dont.

#40    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Dont thinks theres too much out there yet ! But Keep Looking !

This is a Work in Progress!

#41    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Postzoser, on 15 June 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

I take it we won't be seeing you on this thread again then?

Wishful thinking?

Scared?

I am having a nice conversation with others, would you refuse me that would you, just so that you can talk about solved mysteries that were never mysteries?

Didn't think I would know those cases of the top of my head did you. Don't blame me for you lack of research and lousy presentations. Most of them have already been countered here. Do you ever look at a case before you present it? Dead set, after that lengthy thread, I cannot believe you put that Buzz Aldrin clip up Zoser. It's like a 65 page thread right here, how on earth did you manage to miss it? Buzz himself says the report is rubbish and he was taken out of context. It is not hard to find these things you know. Particularly that example.

Actually considering you promoted the Aztec Hoax as a genuine mystery I probably should not be so surprised should I? :rolleyes:

Try harder Zoser. this thread had potential until you put that sordid rubbish up. It is not hard to have a look at a case to see if it is an obvious hoax or not. In this case, you never had to leave UM.

And they are not documentaries. That too, does not look good for your credibility. Just a helpful hint there.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#42    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostLcvec, on 15 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't believe the Earth is being visited by ET or that it ever was, there isn't enough evidence for that and looking at distance/time/technology issues, it seems even less likely. What I meant was that some of the stories are possible, just like the chances of ET visiting us right now, however small those chances are. Communication would be the most logical means to study a new civilization and even if there is an alien civilization out there that's more advanced than us, I don't think they'd be advanced enough to be capable of interstellar travel, but that's just my opinion of course. The only scenario where the abductions and sightings would fit is the one where aliens are here and they're so far ahead of us that they can come and go as they please, and they don't feel like we could be any threat to them even if we wanted to. I'm sure you'll agree with me if I say it's extremely unlikely, but we can't say it's absolutely impossible either. As for the fake cases and charlatans, if I had to guess I'd say 95% of the stories are just human imagination.

Hi Lcvec

We most certainly are on the same page, I agree, that is what keep me coming back, I keep hoping something that canot be refuted will show up, but it strikes me as maddening as to the lengths some will go to try and create a scenario to shoehorn ET in. I really think if we do get, or have ever had a visit, that information will not be so cryptic. There are so many markers right down to an isotopic level that distinctively tell us if something is from another place in the Universe, like meteors and comets. We have the means, it should not be so long winded and hard to come up with an explanation. That 99.9% of the time these happenings have a prosaic explanation explains my more skeptical standpoint. Then you get guys like Zoser that try to make prosaic explanation seem unlikely only to be replaced with a far more elaborate, unsupported idea that really is not more than a musing, and simply feels people should just accept this as fact at face value. I just take in my face BS as a challenge, and every time someone tries to BS me, I just have to say "really now?" And then present the factual information to counter. That being said I finds personal belief more than fine, and accept that a personal encounter would be very compelling, but having not seen something that I would call an ET craft, whilst having seen 2 UFO's in my life, makes it hard to understand the conviction from my perspective. People like D and McG, I find more compelling than a dozen Roswells. They really make me scratch my head to be honest.
I reckon Interstellar travel is quite possible, but I think it would be a huge loud noisy machine that we would see coming from a very long way away, and with space being what it is, I would expect a call that is something like "can we stop in and top up supplies?" We had our own plans which were quite viable back as far as the late 50's - LINK The Orion Project. I think if we could do it, others can, but I feel Orion puts some perspective on just what Deep Space travel would be like, and it is nothing like the zippy little sports saucers that we see in Sci Fi all the time.

Cheers

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#43    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postzoser, on 15 June 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Credible or not?  What about the other witness that allowed the craft's position to be triangulated?

Funny that you should mention triangulation when you avoid it like a nasty disease where the Phoenix lights are concerned.

#44    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 June 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Funny that you should mention triangulation when you avoid it like a nasty disease where the Phoenix lights are concerned.

Cherry picking at its finest. :tsu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#45    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostHazzard, on 16 June 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Evan our good friend Major Hector Quntanilla at Project Blue Book, whose orders were to slap some kind of explanation on every UFO report, could not find any explanation for Zamora's sighting.  No one ever will, in my opinion.

Edited by TheMcGuffin, 18 June 2012 - 04:13 PM.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users