Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3106    M0TH

M0TH

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 20 June 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

...Thats why i am barely opening this site... forum made for disscusions is made for supression we don't need your government to explain

have noticed that!! Some real lead weights on the site......

Great post!!!

#3107    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 04 October 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Not sure if this is accurate but It seems in 2010 that the photographer who took the pictures admitted it was a hoax.

No, he didn't admit anything in 2010 because he had already been dead for ten years by then, not unless he communicated through a seance or spirit rapping. It's only a secondhand story from someone who knew him.

Project Blue Book said the pictures were a hoax, but I doubt most of their conclusions anyway.

http://www.google.co...qpoSE9WiKFLdctg

#3108    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Not sure if this is accurate but It seems in 2010 that the photographer who took the pictures admitted it was a hoax.

http://forgetomori.c...er-admits-hoax/

There is also this...

#3109    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

There is also this...

Someday you are going to "like" one thing I post on here, and on that day I shall die of a stroke.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 04 October 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#3110    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 04 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Some day you are going to "like" one thing I post on here, and on that day I shall die from a stroke.

I've "liked" several of your posts McG, and yet your grumpy old curmudgeon self is still typing away with no stroke at all. :hmm: Or did you have a stroke and forget the posts of yours that I've actually clicked "like" on?

Edit:

Several is an inaccurate description actually.  I just reviewed your liked content and only found three posts of yours that I've clicked "Like" on.  Your contributions are more deserving of credit than that, but forgive me if I haven't clicked "Like" enough.

The biggest one for me was this one.  We might do well to return to that before things get any uglier.  What do you say?

Edited by booNyzarC, 04 October 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#3111    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Post747400, on 04 October 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

That's the whole point of what I've been trying to argue. "Atmospheric phenomena" or "Plasma" are just thrown out as a handy all-puprose explanation, but no one seems to be too bothered about what it is, whether or not it can occur under the conditions pertaining where these sightings happen, or to address the mystery of why they do seem very much to be as if they're under intelligent control. People just seem to be content to use them as a handy explanation for UFO sightings, and then sit back & fold their arms as if their only mission is to dismiss UFO sightings and that's an end to it.

There is no skeptic here trying to "explain away" the UFO phenomenon. Most people here agrees that it needs to be examined and investigated..... but so does the other stuff (not so exotic" terrrestrial phenomenon) that is tied in with the UFO sightings... agreed???

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3112    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,608 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

musical interlude....... :P

Posted Image

#3113    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostDBunker, on 05 October 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

There is no skeptic here trying to "explain away" the UFO phenomenon. Most people here agrees that it needs to be examined and investigated..... but so does the other stuff (not so exotic" terrrestrial phenomenon) that is tied in with the UFO sightings... agreed???

No argument here,... I would also like to believe that without skeptics, the field of UFOology would be an even bigger mess than it is today. At least someone is trying to weed out all the nonsense. And believe you me, if there ever was a field that is filled to the rim with it its this one.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3114    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostHazzard, on 05 October 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

No argument here,... I would also like to believe that without skeptics, the field of UFOology would be an even bigger mess than it is today. At least someone is trying to weed out all the nonsense. And believe you me, if there ever was a field that is filled to the rim with it its this one.

You're right.  Ufology is a mess and it is filled with nonsense.  But the truth is out there somewhere and I guess that's what we are all after.

One guy I respected in the field was James Fox who had a good documentary called "Out of the Blue".  Saw him on Larry King live and some other appearances and he seemed to be giving things a fair evaluation.
Then last night I stumbled on an episode of National Geographic's UFO Chasers and wasted an hour watching it.  I was dumbfounded at the amateurish production and lame investigation methods.

Really, it's so bad that it deserves a watch.  I am wondering what any of you may think about it and how it may influence your view of National Geographic and James Fox in particular.
Surely James has traded in his search for the truth for an opportunity to make some cash.

Here's a link to one episode and a promotional poster.

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 06 October 2012 - 10:51 AM.
Removed on copyright grounds

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3115    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

http://forgetomori.c...er-admits-hoax/

Surely he would have hoaxed them better than that?  They have to be blown up to see the detail.  Also there were lots of witnesses.  See clip.

Posted Image

#3116    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

There is also this...

An airplane?  Really?  That argument is as weak as a kitten.  What about the engine noise? :blush:

Posted Image

#3117    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

An airplane?  Really?  That argument is as weak as a kitten.  What about the engine noise? :blush:

What about it?  If you were intentionally creating a hoax would you mention something like that?

#3118    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,541 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Zoser, I really hope one day you have something other then a youtube video as evidence. I know you saw a couple pages back the youtube video shown as a hoax, and the following discussion about this, yet, you use these videos as evidence anyway.

Sometimes wanting  something to be real so much can and will make you believe anything you see or hear as truth. It is a addiction.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3119    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Roswell NM - 1947

A couple of interesting testimonies regarding Roswell.  The first from the granddaughter of Sheriff George Wilcox who rancher Mac Brazel contacted.  She has spoken with key witnesses and family of witnesses regarding the event.  She was also a witness a UFO sighting herself over Phoenix.

The second is by a private who in 1947 was assigned to the 390th air service squadron at Roswell airfield.  His testimony needs no explanation.  What he saw is incredible.

Posted Image

#3120    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostSakari, on 05 October 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Zoser, I really hope one day you have something other then a youtube video as evidence. I know you saw a couple pages back the youtube video shown as a hoax, and the following discussion about this, yet, you use these videos as evidence anyway.

Sometimes wanting  something to be real so much can and will make you believe anything you see or hear as truth. It is a addiction.

Nobody would deny that there are thousands of hoaxes around.  Don't forget what this thread is all about; direct witness testimony.  What better way to portray that than by being able to look into the eyes of the people themselves as they relate their stories.  The best possible evidence imho.

Particularly when there are hundreds of them.

Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users