Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#4156    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,260 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

View Postodiesbsc, on 11 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Thank you for posting the poppy, Bee.

Odie

:tu:

Eldorado had it as his avatar and I copied it to use as a signiture for the day.

#4157    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,972 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 11 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

[...] and I'm currently thinking that it may have been a tractor or something similar on the field just this side of the hill.
Yeap, pretty much my thoughts as well...

Posted Image

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#4158    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 11 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Didn't you say that you were a math teacher?  What do you teach your students with?

Objective proof; i.e the use of algebra to prove hypotheses and general cases.

Edited by zoser, 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image

#4159    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 12 November 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yeap, pretty much my thoughts as well...

Posted Image

Nice graphics :tu:

Couple of slight problems though:

I've never seen tractor lights like that.  Remember the witnesses reported a spinning object, as did Morag from wee Fraserburgh.

I know people are reluctant to mix the two cases, but I think this is the same phenomena.

Also 3am for a tractor on 3rd Jan (middle of winter in Wales) is just plain ridiculous.  Farmers just have no need to do that at those ungodly hours.  So not impossible but:

p < 0.01

edit:

ps those flashing graphics are playing havoc with my 11 year old Toshiba Pentium 4 :cry:

Edited by zoser, 12 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#4160    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

View Postzoser, on 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

I've never seen tractor lights like that.  Remember the witnesses reported a spinning object, as did Morag from wee Fraserburgh.

I know people are reluctant to mix the two cases, but I think this is the same phenomena.

Also 3am for a tractor on 3rd Jan (middle of winter in Wales) is just plain ridiculous.  Farmers just have no need to to that at those ungodly hours.  So not impossible but:

p < 0.01
I thought 1963? had determined the golf course could be the source of tractor lights.  Something was mentioned about grounds maintenance being performed at night...or at least the possibility thereof.
Edit to add:  See post #4150.

Edited by synchronomy, 12 November 2012 - 05:49 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#4161    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,073 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Also 3am for a tractor on 3rd Jan (middle of winter in Wales) is just plain ridiculous.  Farmers just have no need to do that at those ungodly hours.  So not impossible but:

Doesn't necessraily have to be a Tractor, just something on the distant hillside. And Tractors often have all sorts of floodlights for working at night. Although yes, they're much more likely to work round the clock on a big arable farm than on a Welsh hillside, it is true; but then, the Sheep might have had something needing doing to them. Sheep often do, I find.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4162    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Post1963, on 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Zoser, it was me that posted that video you turnip!....

Cheers .

Which post are you referring to?  I respect your experience but I can't see how anyone can take the two cases and treat them as unrelated when the video clips show virtually the same phenomena.  Please explain.

Posted Image

#4163    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 12 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I thought 1963? had determined the golf course could be the source of tractor lights.  Something was mentioned about grounds maintenance being performed at night...or at least the possibility thereof.
Edit to add:  See post #4150.

I respect people's attempts to solve this one, but so far nothing has been the slightest bit convincing nor do the options take into account the reality of that environment at that time of year.

This is a sleepy village in North Wales, not London or LA where people have unpredictable social or working habits.  

Also I know I keep repeating myself, but the case has to be linked in with Fraserburgh if any satisfactory answer is to be found.  I doubt that one will be found.   Don't forget that Morag wasn't the only one to see the lights up there if you read her testimony.

So any explanation involving golf clubs has to be offered to the Fraserburgh case as well.

I cannot see how this one can be solved in conventional terms.

Posted Image

#4164    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,073 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

View Postzoser, on 12 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I respect people's attempts to solve this one, but so far nothing has been the slightest bit convincing nor do the options take into account the reality of that environment at that time of year.

This is a sleepy village in North Wales, not London or LA where people have unpredictable social or working habits.  

Also I know I keep repeating myself, but the case has to be linked in with Fraserburgh if any satisfactory answer is to be found.  I doubt that one will be found.   Don't forget that Morag wasn't the only one to see the lights up there if you read her testimony.

So any explanation involving golf clubs has to be offered to the Fraserburgh case as well.

I cannot see how this one can be solved in conventional terms.
So a UFO, whatever a UFO might be, is necessarily more likely? :unsure2:
Why are the parallels with the adventures of Morag and he rno-good husband so convincing? So far as I've been able to tell from all the Testimony, they both just reported lights, didn't they?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4165    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,972 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

p < 0.01
[...]
You probably missed Boon's "or something similar". And as 747 said: "Doesn't necessraily have to be a Tractor, just something on the distant hillside".

[...]
ps those flashing graphics are playing havoc with my 11 year old Toshiba Pentium 4 :cry:
Sorry.

he he he... more flashlights...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#4166    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Post747400, on 12 November 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

So a UFO, whatever a UFO might be, is necessarily more likely? :unsure2:
Why are the parallels with the adventures of Morag and he rno-good husband so convincing? So far as I've been able to tell from all the Testimony, they both just reported lights, didn't they?

I know the existence of ET UFO's may be a bitter pill to swallow here (notwithstanding that this is a UFO Forum :blush: ), but absolutely yes it's more likely.

Why do I say that?  The lights follow the pattern of typical UFO reports over the last 70 years that's why.

Flashing, incandescent, rotating, hovering, silent, in a way not resembling anything man made.  It's really simple.  Why should they not be here?  How can they not be?

Morag et al reported lights and has the footage to prove it.  I think people are making this all far too complicated.  Maybe I should stop bringing these cases up and just let people have a happy life?

Edited by zoser, 12 November 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#4167    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postzoser, on 12 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Maybe I should stop bringing these cases up and just let people have a happy life?

Posting them or not, it's not going to change minds around here, so you're swimming in quicksand.  If you stopped and came back in two months, the UFO forum would look exactly the same.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#4168    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 12 November 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Posting them or not, it's not going to change minds around here, so you're swimming in quicksand.  If you stopped and came back in two months, the UFO forum would look exactly the same.

Yes I realise that; old soldiers never die.  Ah well.  Got some more footage anyway.  BRB in about 15 minutes.

Posted Image

#4169    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,972 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Yes I realise that; old soldiers never die.  Ah well.  Got some more footage anyway.  BRB in about 15 minutes.
Even old soldiers die. That is called reality.

waiting for more tantalizing evidence fancy fairy tales

#4170    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Skyeagle finally came around and stopped bothering with UFOs, but he simply changed subjects, LOL.  I think it's an addiction for some.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users