Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5535 replies to this topic

#541    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 July 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Your clutching at straws now.  I have no doubt that religious hysteria exists along with other rare psychological phenomena.  This is not relevant to the UFO phenomena.

LOL, you are the master straw clutcher.

How is it not relevant?

Try this link

Extreme paranoia at it's finest :D

Edited by psyche101, 05 July 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#542    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 July 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Not sure if this helps but here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia....n-Provence_Case

From that link:

The French skeptics[6] insist that the GEPAN investigation was flawed, especially the study of the physical trace[7].

The police report said that the trace, which appeared on an active road, looked like one made by the tire of a car. This explanation was dismissed by GEPAN because of the sole witness saying otherwise. The physical trace shown on the picture is not a perfect circle, in fact there are two more-or-less semicircles crossing over each other. Also, a circular shape does not coincide with the description of the UFO made by Mr. Nikolaï. In a recent interview for French television, Mr. Nikolaï confirmed that there were vehicles passing by on the road at the time of the sighting.

The GEPAN came very late on the field, after the French Gendarmerie, other ufologists and curious people, so the physical trace could simply have been altered in it chemical composition by the people walking on it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#543    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postquillius, on 05 July 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hey Psyche,

you may enjoy this read:

http://magonia.haaan...2009/fireflies/

cheers

Gidday Mate

Cheers for the link, it kinda makes me feel sad for James Oberg. I think this illustrates that strong believer types just want skeptics out of the way, and do their level best to discredit their public standing. The inane crap Jim had to suffer from Rudiak seems unjust to be honest, and I have to wonder what Rudiak (famous for the Ramey memo nonsense in the ever continuing Roswell crap) was trying to accomplish, Jim was right in then end, but what was Rudiak saying the snowflake sized particles were? Nano aliens? With Ice flake Ships? I think Rudiak (and Fleming for that matter) walked out of that one looking a boob.

@ Jim, mate, your patience is yet another reason to admire your work.

Cheers.

#544    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 July 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Gidday Mate

Cheers for the link, it kinda makes me feel sad for James Oberg. I think this illustrates that strong believer types just want skeptics out of the way, and do their level best to discredit their public standing. The inane crap Jim had to suffer from Rudiak seems unjust to be honest, and I have to wonder what Rudiak (famous for the Ramey memo nonsense in the ever continuing Roswell crap) was trying to accomplish, Jim was right in then end, but what was Rudiak saying the snowflake sized particles were? Nano aliens? With Ice flake Ships? I think Rudiak (and Fleming for that matter) walked out of that one looking a boob.

@ Jim, mate, your patience is yet another reason to admire your work.

Cheers.

I never felt much sympathy for Oberg, but in any event these X-15 sightings were more complicated than described in that particular article.  Then again Magonia always had its own agenda as well, which was to promote the Psychosocial Hypothesis (PSH).  I believe it has been defunct, though.

#545    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,703 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

I have to agree there Mac-G  WHat if ,and Who says, and where does all this lead us too ? I Loved the X-Planes ! Can you just imagine all that our test pilots saw and see up there ? It dosnt even matter what the skeptics think ITs what the actual witness`s  think and see. ! There out there man ! :alien: :yes: justDONTEATUS

This is a Work in Progress!

#546    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 06 July 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

I never felt much sympathy for Oberg, but in any event these X-15 sightings were more complicated than described in that particular article.  Then again Magonia always had its own agenda as well, which was to promote the Psychosocial Hypothesis (PSH).  I believe it has been defunct, though.

One has to admit like or hate Jim, he comes here and personally addresses the issues. I find it hard to not respect that as "one of the people". Nothing like the horses mouth. We do not see such from the likes of Rudiak, it seem unjust that Jim has to deal with such people in light of his real world experiences. I find the Ramey Memo nonsense on a completely different plane altogether to flight mechanics.

#547    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 06 July 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

I have to agree there Mac-G  WHat if ,and Who says, and where does all this lead us too ? I Loved the X-Planes ! Can you just imagine all that our test pilots saw and see up there ? It dosnt even matter what the skeptics think ITs what the actual witness`s  think and see. ! There out there man ! :alien: :yes: justDONTEATUS

I would say that those UFOs Walker described could have easily shot down his X-15 if they wanted to, but I guess they didn't.  I know I would be very nervous if something flew up behind my plane very rapidly like that and then made a close pass overhead.  I often think that they are just trying to impress us with their obvious technical superiority.

#548    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,703 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 06 July 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

I would say that those UFOs Walker described could have easily shot down his X-15 if they wanted to, but I guess they didn't.  I know I would be very nervous if something flew up behind my plane very rapidly like that and then made a close pass overhead.  I often think that they are just trying to impress us with their obvious technical superiority.
Well my sighting will live with me forever,and that day that someone gets actual physical proof,hard proof. I will be no different than I am today ! I know there out there too ! Nothing comes into a airspace around my aircraft at actually a speed that I cant believe circle around me pace my speed and alt,then within two or three seconds leave and out of sight. Wow ! That is not made in the USA !or anywhere on this rock ! So your right ! maybe they are a very curious being`s Like us in many ways !

#549    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Peru – Crashed UFO Was Hit by Something

Marine Corp Lance Corporal John Weygandt was sent to Peru in

March 1997

, to provide perimeter security for a radar installation that he was told tracked drug traffic aircraft in Peru and Bolivia. He states, “About midnight, while I was on guard duty, Sergeant Allen and Sergeant Atkinson told me, an aircraft crashed and they need us to go and secure the crash site.”   Was it an aircraft?  Here is his testimony.

Posted Image

#550    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Dr Richard Haines describes a very interesting UFO incident investigated by Project Bluebook's Dr J Allen Hynek where three pilots witness a huge, vertical flying triangle off the coast of Florida.  The pilot is Charlie Little, the location is just off the east coast of Florida and the date is 1967.

Posted Image

#551    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

#552    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

People telling us what they believe, and their opinions on the origin of UFOs.

Thats all we have here.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#553    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 July 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

One has to admit like or hate Jim, he comes here and personally addresses the issues. I find it hard to not respect that as "one of the people". Nothing like the horses mouth. We do not see such from the likes of Rudiak, it seem unjust that Jim has to deal with such people in light of his real world experiences. I find the Ramey Memo nonsense on a completely different plane altogether to flight mechanics.

My opinion on this would be that Jim is an expert in his field but this forum primarily concerns a different field.  Unless we have a Ufologist posting here who has been in a position to research the field over decades as a profession, then really we are all scratching around down here in the mud down together.

Posted Image

#554    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,703 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Just remember  "Life is like a Box of Chocolates" you never know what your going to get ! Same with UFO`s and the reports ,the people,the actual real world we live in  !
Just stick around for another Hundred years ! I`ll bet  top dollar that the World of Physics and Astro-Physics  will be put on it Head !

#555    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

View Postzoser, on 08 July 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

My opinion on this would be that Jim is an expert in his field but this forum primarily concerns a different field.  Unless we have a Ufologist posting here who has been in a position to research the field over decades as a profession, then really we are all scratching around down here in the mud down together.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that "ufologist" and "profession" really belong in the same sentence unless that sentence is pointing out that they don't belong together...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users