Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#601    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,072 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

View Postquillius, on 10 July 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Hey Psyche,  I didnt think Ed was rude at all on the show, I thought that Bill Nye's tone and apporach was very condesending and promopted the response from Ed. I think the comments you made regarding Jim and his career at NASA should also extend to Ed in the same way. IMO.

You are entitled to your opinion there mate, but I disagree.

The comments I made toward Jim do extend to Ed, why do you think I have indicated otherwise? As far as piloting a spacecraft goes, and what is involved in getting to the moon and back, I would take Ed's advice in a heartbeat, just not on an unknown that he has second hand information on - being the alien bit.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#602    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,072 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

View Postquillius, on 10 July 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

I feel it is a little harsh to place those names in the same sentence as McKinnon. Anyhow I am curious about a couple of points you have raised, when you say his ISPs hold no record of his wild claims, surely they have the record of him breaking and entering, right? Also the intent to vandalise part....can you elaborate on why you think this intent was there.

:tu:

They are all criminals right? I do not see the problem, you are the second one to say it is harsh to call criminals criminals, the examples were individual, I just do not understand where you are coming from there Quillius. A criminal should be in jail, if that person vandalises or murders, punishment is part of society.
Yep, they did have a record, the FBI tracked him back to his house that way. With intent to vandalise, he left nasty messages on peoples terminals just for the fun of it, and he made this very statement:

US foreign policy is akin to Government-sponsored terrorism these days … It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year … I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels …

He is a petty thief and a vandal, mate I am shocked that you would give him the time of day, it is quite obvious that his ET/Anti grav claims were spur of the moment and designed to gather sympathy, which he knew if he said the words "Anti Gravity" and "Cover Up" he would gain in volumes with all the people wanting to hear what he was saying. He took the community for a bunch of fools the way I see it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#603    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,072 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Postbee, on 10 July 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

that's because they wouldn't be using propulsion......they would probably be using magnetic/gravitational fields....and just zip to where they want to go.

kind of instant (ish) relocation...teleportation....?

And an object that big creates absolutely no air displacement?

What's thunder Bee?

#604    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,007 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

HEres one for the grey matter !  propulsion of a different kind.
Lay back,think about the surface of the moon, THink about what it looks like standing by one of the LM`s on the surface ,Look around. Look back at the earth ! THen Think about being back on earth laying down. All in less than a few seconds. I didnt hear any sonic,wave or disruption !Or any thing for that matter ! Could be just air space in between the left and right ear lobes  !

This is a Work in Progress!

#605    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,072 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 July 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the response psyche; earnest and straight.  I know where you stand.  Just one little point though and that is that if one has faith in human testimony is that such a bad thing?  When so many people are involved.  You don't have to reply;see you soon.

Of course I would like to reply, good to be having a straight conversation with you.

Humans have a thing called human error. We are the common denominator, I find testimony and indicator and can indicate if an investigation is warranted, and that is where things start to get interesting. If it is warranted then I feel there is another set of hurdles to jump as some people will call an apparition alien, others will call the same thing a Leprechaun, and as I pointed out with the Fatima event, some call an event religious, and some feel this can be interpreted as ET. It's human interpretation, which brings us back to that common denominator, human error. As such, many people will mean corroboration, but we need to stop taking witness statements at face value, because they all have different interpretations. If we all thought the same way, that might be a more viable possibility, but as these very boards prove, that is far from the case. One mans alien is another mans angel. It subjective and is steered by ones upbringing and culture. These factors muddy testimony waters to a point that makes the conclusion indecipherable. With empirical evidence, there is no question.

#606    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,007 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

DOnt you just Love that part "Human Error "
We seem to have a lot of that on this world !

This is a Work in Progress!

#607    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

In Aliens From Space, Maj. Donald Keyhoe (USMC ret) mentioned an incident where an Eastern Airlines DC-3 was flying from Boston to Hartford, CT, in 1953. The Hartford tower put the DC-3 into a holding pattern with two other airliners, and when the captain asked why, the tower replied "ADC scramble." The captain was also a Major in the Mass. Air National Guard, and he turned his radio to the ADC channel, while the copilot monitored the tower freq on his radio. Just as the captain switched freqs. a large orange-red fireball eurupted, above and ahead of the DC-3, and the captain heard a fighter pilot screaming "I got him! I got him!" The copilot tapped the captain's shoulder, telling him to get back on the tower freq.

Hartford tower was screaming into their radio; they thought the airliners had a mid-air. The captain told Keyhoe, who had friends at the Pentagon who didn't like how the USAF and CIA were treating the UFO subject, and they did verify that a high-speed unknown radar contact was tracked over CT that night, and fighters were scrambled. The sources would not say whether anyone fired, though. One source told Keyhoe: "If they shot down a UFO, that's Above Top Secret, and I'm not cleared for that."  Maybe some F-86D or F-94 pilot was lucky and got a kill that night, but given security, wouldn't be able to paint a saucer kill on his aircraft....

http://www.whatifmod...p?topic=14463.0

#608    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

Shoot 'em down when they're up and shoot 'em up when they're down!

Posted Image

#609    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

View Postquillius, on 10 July 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

plasma?

Plasma would still cause disturbance in the atomsphere.. and it still wouldnt explain it.. when your talking something so damn huge it would dispace a large amount of air as it moves.. the higher the speed the more of a shockwave..

Take when a jet flies and breaks the sound barrier.. there are enough vid's around showing the shockwave it causes.. sorry guys.. there is no way you could get around that.. the theoretical inertial dampeners that someone will end up thinking off.. only stops the G force squashing you..

Ok someone will say Shields.. Yes.. shields will stop the hull of the craft from getting a buffering from the air because its the sheilds that react to it..

It is simply not possible to bypass this guys.. you would only bypass it by going slow.. then there will be a very small displacement of air.. but when you have huge saucer shaped craft, or giant cylinders.. no way around it..

#610    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

Posted Image

#611    texaskat

texaskat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Studebaker Lover

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

Wonder if any of these people have been hypnotized in the hope of remembering more details?  Course not all people can be hypnotized and whoever tried would say they don't remember anything else and not get anywhere.  I was once told that I cannot be hypnotized that my sub conscious is too strong?  Don't know about that haven't tried in over 30 years.  Wish I could find that car title though.

texaskat

#612    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted Image

#613    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,072 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

View Posttexaskat, on 11 July 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Wonder if any of these people have been hypnotized in the hope of remembering more details?  Course not all people can be hypnotized and whoever tried would say they don't remember anything else and not get anywhere.  I was once told that I cannot be hypnotized that my sub conscious is too strong?  Don't know about that haven't tried in over 30 years.  Wish I could find that car title though.

texaskat

I reckon hypnotism is a crock. In most cases it seems pretty obvious that the hypnotist puts the images and experiences into another person and they come out thinking it was their subconscious, when it was the hypnotists imagination all along. Maybe your brain is BS resistant :D

#614    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

dont worry texaskat. .I am the same.. :) I can go into the trance.. but as soon as the hypnotist starts to talk.. the brain kicks in and wakes me.. its a bugger. was going to try it to quit smoking LOL

#615    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

• 25,352 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 11 July 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

Plasma would still cause disturbance in the atomsphere.. and it still wouldnt explain it.. when your talking something so damn huge it would dispace a large amount of air as it moves.. the higher the speed the more of a shockwave..

Take when a jet flies and breaks the sound barrier.. there are enough vid's around showing the shockwave it causes.. sorry guys.. there is no way you could get around that.. the theoretical inertial dampeners that someone will end up thinking off.. only stops the G force squashing you..

Ok someone will say Shields.. Yes.. shields will stop the hull of the craft from getting a buffering from the air because its the sheilds that react to it..

It is simply not possible to bypass this guys.. you would only bypass it by going slow.. then there will be a very small displacement of air.. but when you have huge saucer shaped craft, or giant cylinders.. no way around it..
But as i remarked previously, that is what seems to happen with Plasma; how is that explained?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users