Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#631    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

And did the Martin Aircraft Company actually retouch the picture?  I know I have seen this one before, which does not match some of the later prints.

Posted Image

Some people were saying that it was damage on the negative or a mark from a staple, but the latter doesn't seem quite right.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 11 July 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#632    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Post747400, on 11 July 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I have seen that picture before; this is one view of it: http://ufologie.patr...b57canberra.htm
Obviously, people will agree and disagree, but it's one suggestion, anyway.
I hadn't seen that link before, thanks.  Seems pretty cut and dried to me, but as you say, people will agree and disagree.

Cheers.

#633    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,321 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 11 July 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

And did the Martin Aircraft Company actually retouch the picture?  I know I have seen this one before, which does not match some of the later prints.

Posted Image

Some people were saying that it was damage on the negative or a mark from a staple, but the latter doesn't seem quite right.

This particular image is the only one that should be used if someone is trying to figure out what it is, the rest have been blurred and as such are pretty much useless. I can't claim to know what it is, however with the higher resolution it doesn't seem as much like a UFO to me.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 11 July 2012 - 09:31 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#634    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Post747400, on 11 July 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I have seen that picture before; this is one view of it: http://ufologie.patr...b57canberra.htm
Obviously, people will agree and disagree, but it's one suggestion, anyway.

I never knew/thought about it being a 3 version re-make of the original, a scratch being added, bright and dark parts substituded deliberately to make the appearance more saucer like,...

Good find, thanks for posting, 747.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#635    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 July 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

I am glad you disagree......tis what makes the forum interesting.

I never said you indicated otherwise, however I am just pointing out that Nye came across as one of those dogs snapping away with a condesending attitude and I could therefore see similarities to both Ed and Jim in that respect.

No of course not mate, but I do disagree, I think Nye asked quite valid questions, Ed losing it and telling him to shut up I thought over the top. I expected Ed to have a thicker skin. Lucky for him that he is an astronaut or the world would tear apart his UFO tales and I think we might then see some real red faced ranting.

Edited by psyche101, 11 July 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#636    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 July 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hey Psyche,

basically I dont think murderers and peodaphiles can even be labelled as criminals, I personally dont think they should have any human rights. I dont think the same of thieves/vandals etc, the seperation I think happens when people break the law of the land/country etc they are classed as criminals...fair enough.....but the acts of the first two types mentioned go beyond law hence why I think there is a distinct difference.

I suppose this is quite a thread derailer with no scope of any progress so best to leave there.... cheers

Gidday Mate

Fair enough, I was not going down to what the people did though, just the fact that a criminal belongs in jail, and I feel that is exactly where Mr McKinnon belongs for his actions.

I think it fits in this thread well, McKinnnon tried to run with testimony, and it was shown to be lies and untruths he made up to cover his pathetic backside. No sympathy here for him.

Cheers

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#637    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 11 July 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

I always thought that anomaly looked a great deal like a body of water, the edges even look something like foliage.

#638    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

I have a cut on my finger just like that !

This is a Work in Progress!

#639    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostHazzard, on 11 July 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I never knew/thought about it being a 3 version re-make of the original, a scratch being added, bright and dark parts substituded deliberately to make the appearance more saucer like,...

Good find, thanks for posting, 747.

There's yet another one that looks like this.

Posted Image

What about that story that Eisenhower met with aliens at Edwards AFB in 1954?

http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc856.htm

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 12 July 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#640    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,321 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 July 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

I always thought that anomaly looked a great deal like a body of water, the edges even look something like foliage.

You are right, it does appear that way however the contrast when compared to the rest of the background is off. It doesn't match the haziness of the rest of the trees and such in the photo.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#641    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

View Postzoser, on 11 July 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Brilliant find.  Difficult to argue with.  Well before the days of CGI and no doubt probably got missed when the photo was first examined.  Do you know the entire story behind this picture?

CGI honestly has nothing to do with it, This 150 year old famous portrait of Abraham Lincolne is shopped.

LINK - Ye Olde Photoshop

Edited by psyche101, 12 July 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#642    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 12 July 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

You are right, it does appear that way however the contrast when compared to the rest of the background is off. It doesn't match the haziness of the rest of the trees and such in the photo.

Maybe but..........................................

Posted Image

Everything in the square looks altered to me. Not sure what that effect is from,might be from the highlighting, or the entire thing might have been shopped in, but looking at it and dismissing the square and allowing the colour to extend, it looks like a lake with sandy or silty shores and some trees.

I reckon :D

Edited by psyche101, 12 July 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#643    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 July 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

CGI honestly has nothing to do with it, This 150 year old portrait of Abraham Lincolne is shopped.

LINK - Ye Olde Photoshop
'Shopped or not, why is he yanking his yodel there?!?

:huh:

#644    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 12 July 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

'Shopped or not, why is he yanking his yodel there?!?

:huh:

That would be John Calhoun, not Lincoln, mate, I have to say, I did not pick that up before, good .... catch?    .......... :lol:

#645    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

This was yet another version of the picture given to UFO investigators by Martin Aircraft.

Posted Image

I hadn't realized before that there were all these different versions in circulation, with two or three coming from the aircraft company itself.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 12 July 2012 - 03:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users