Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Scientists Can't Explain Mysterious Structure

mysterious archaeology strange ancient unexplained

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    chimaybliss

chimaybliss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Both archaeologists and scientists are still perplexed over these mysterious structures and relics found throughout the United States.  Was an advanced culture now lost to history once thriving in the United States thousands of years before historians have us believe?

http://nutshellurl.com/Ancient United States Mysteries

#2    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

View Postchimaybliss, on 07 June 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Both archaeologists and scientists are still perplexed over these mysterious structures and relics found throughout the United States.  Was an advanced culture now lost to history once thriving in the United States thousands of years before historians have us believe?

Items 2, 5, 6 and 7 have nothing to do with the United States nor even the Western Hemisphere. And most if not all have been discussed many, MANY times at UM and ARE NOT what they are being presented as.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,803 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Not a single one of those things is in North America, much less the USA. This thread is crazy.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

my antivirus had to block some malware when i clicked on that site
TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen8
:no:

#5    Cataleptic

Cataleptic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

There's two different links, they're just no space in between them. The second link is to the ones from the USA.

#6    debmedia

debmedia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

wrong thread I think

Like Me? No? Dislike me? Whatever. I am a human. And "I Born to give this World something, without any hope to get something in return". Now you Like me? anyway, contact me at debmedia@gmail.com. I am here to get knowledge and share knowledge. East or West, True Knowledge is the best. MUST.....True Knowledge. Remind That. Take care.

#7    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,862 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostCataleptic, on 07 June 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

There's two different links, they're just no space in between them. The second link is to the ones from the USA.
Thank's for that info, I couldn't figure out what U.S. mystery sites the OP was refering to... OP's U.S. Mysteries LINK-> http://socyberty.com...tates-part-one/

Personally I don’t find the supposed ‘Ancient Mystery Sites in the U.S.’ all that mysterious...

America's Stonehenge - LINK-> http://en.wikipedia....ca's_Stonehenge
Gungywamp - LINK-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gungywamp
Tripod Rock - LINK-> http://en.wikipedia....iki/Tripod_Rock
Blue Mounds State Park - LINK-> http://en.wikipedia....unds_State_Park
Rock Lake (Wisconsin) - LINK-> http://en.wikipedia....ake_(Wisconsin)

#8    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

I don't know about the other U.S. spots... But the Rock Lake one is pretty misleading.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#9    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

I would like to add to that list mounds of Cormacs home Tennessee.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#10    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

http://en.wikipedia....i/Pinson_Mounds

One of the Twin Mounds contained the burials of eight young women, who were wearing headdresses with copper adornments. These burials may be evidence of human sacrifice. It is known for a fact that the peoples of the Middle Mississippi Basin practiced human sacrifice. One of its most grisly forms was a sacrifice to Venus, the Morning Star. A young woman, of exceptional beauty, would be treated “as a princess” for a period of time. Then, on a day designated by astronomer-priests, she would be tied to a wood sapling framework. Archers would repeatedly shoot her with arrows at locations on her body that would not cause immediately fatal wounds. The longer she lived, and the more blood she poured; the more successful was considered the sacrifice. The Pawnee Indians also practiced this form of human sacrifice into the early 1800s.
It is not known what ethnic group or groups built these mounds.

http://nativestrengt...2010/03/25/558/

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#11    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

View Postthe L, on 07 June 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

I would like to add to that list mounds of Cormacs home Tennessee.

Good point L, and excellent link.  Looks like the fork holders are massing around the plate with teeth gleeming.  Seems Cormac could probably take a look himself, however he's not the only one with an ancient mound in his back yard.  Let me tell you what, there are some here undisturbed, you just got to know where to look.  I have been all over the place, form one end of the County to another, and others, year after year, hunting, fishing, hiking, canoeing, diggin seng.  I have found some AWESOME artifacts.  One including a perfect Shawnee warhead, undoubtedbly KIspokotha, boatstones, bannerstones, pipes, tomahawks...  It's all here, and I find more every year.  The battery is dying, be back soon...

Edited by Time Spy, 08 June 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#12    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

View Postthe L, on 07 June 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Pinson_Mounds

One of the Twin Mounds contained the burials of eight young women, who were wearing headdresses with copper adornments. These burials may be evidence of human sacrifice. It is known for a fact that the peoples of the Middle Mississippi Basin practiced human sacrifice. One of its most grisly forms was a sacrifice to Venus, the Morning Star. A young woman, of exceptional beauty, would be treated “as a princess” for a period of time. Then, on a day designated by astronomer-priests, she would be tied to a wood sapling framework. Archers would repeatedly shoot her with arrows at locations on her body that would not cause immediately fatal wounds. The longer she lived, and the more blood she poured; the more successful was considered the sacrifice. The Pawnee Indians also practiced this form of human sacrifice into the early 1800s.
It is not known what ethnic group or groups built these mounds.

http://nativestrengt...2010/03/25/558/

You know that's only one side of the story.  There were also those of the land who went on the warpath and took down those such as the Pawnee and others with sick twisted mindsets of the bad bird.  They fought amongst themselves over what they referred to as 'scalpeeshun' or slavery in the English tongue, long before white man sat foot on the continent.

#13    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostTime Spy, on 08 June 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Good point L, and excellent link.  Looks like the fork holders are massing around the plate with teeth gleeming.  Seems Cormac could probably take a look himself, however he's not the only one with an ancient mound in his back yard.  Let me tell you what, there are some here undisturbed, you just got to know where to look.  I have been all over the place, form one end of the County to another, and others, year after year, hunting, fishing, hiking, canoeing, diggin seng.  I have found some AWESOME artifacts.  One including a perfect Shawnee warhead, undoubtedbly KIspokotha, boatstones, bannerstones, pipes, tomahawks...  It's all here, and I find more every year.  The battery is dying, be back soon...

I have, but am more interested in Old World ancient history more-so than the New World. Except where it involves Archaeogenetics.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#14    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostTime Spy, on 08 June 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

You know that's only one side of the story.  There were also those of the land who went on the warpath and took down those such as the Pawnee and others with sick twisted mindsets of the bad bird.  They fought amongst themselves over what they referred to as 'scalpeeshun' or slavery in the English tongue, long before white man sat foot on the continent.
I will like to know more about wars between native indians before Europeans came. If you can provide some good link. And in general about natives. They are realy interesting. They always deserved respect in my eyes for such wise philosophy.

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,803 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

http://nutshellurl.com/Ancient
United States Mysteries

1) Mystery Hill - Interesting. Though I'm going to tend to side with the 500 year old assessment. As just looking at the trees, they should have torn up the area much more if it was older then that. The one wall appears to loop away from the oak tree. A 200 year old oak. Why would the wall be bent to accomidate a tree that would not sprout for 300 years?

2) Tripod stones - Possibly natural. Possibly not.

3) Celestial Stones - Laying right on the surface? Man made sure, but proably recent. Probably were laid in a East-West line by settlers trying to clear fields.

4) Wisconsin Underwater Pyramids - I've never seen any real proof these even exist. That is probably why the same rock pile drawing is used every time it is brought up. A drawing made in 1937.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

Also tagged with mysterious, archaeology, strange, ancient, unexplained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users