Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astronomer Find Artificial Alien Radio Signal

alien nasa seti radio et

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    chimaybliss

chimaybliss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

Astronomers from two different agencies, NASA and SETI, have reportedly received an alien radio signal that is closeby in proximity to the Earth.  This amazing discovery is being kept tight lipped but the following information has leaked out .........

http://nutshellurl.c...lienRadioSignal

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,775 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

I got put off by the number of ads on the site.
It's the plot for 2001 (the book) as well as the story "Contact".
Finally, this bit is the opening to Ancient Aliens "Did NASA and SETI astronomers actually detect an alien signal from one of Jupiter’s largest moons, Ganymede, during the 1980’s? According to some researchers the answer is yes"

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

Aliens that not only speak English but communicate via morse code?

We have made 6 flybys past Ganymede since this story.

Why do we suppose they used an enhanced colour rendition of the moon :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Someone is having a chuckle.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,792 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Shhhh!  HAL 9000 is crunching the numbers right now and SAL is making dinner for all of us ! Mid ! WHeres Mid !

This is a Work in Progress!

#5    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

I have a hankering for a hunk of cheese.

#6    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

I would love it if this were true...... but I call BS on this one.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#7    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostDBunker, on 07 June 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

I would love it if this were true...... but I call BS on this one.

I think the value of radio contact is vastly overplayed; there is far more compelling evidence of the phenomena in terms of photos, videos, trace evidence and witness statements etc.

Posted Image

#8    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postzoser, on 07 June 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

I think the value of radio contact is vastly overplayed; there is far more compelling evidence of the phenomena in terms of photos, videos, trace evidence and witness statements etc.

Sadly, none of the above holds up to scientific scrutiny.

Edited by Hazzard, 07 June 2012 - 04:02 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,322 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, I also call BS.
The website is detestable, the article is ridiculous, and I wish that SOMEONE would stop posting cr*p from that BS website.

#10    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,792 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostHazzard, on 07 June 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Nor does the Alien intervention with mankinds evoloution like some think. I will just say that some day we willl get a real WoW signal !our better yet,A Wow! Landing !

This is a Work in Progress!

#11    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

lmao about the "we were not talking to you". Sounds like these signals are being sent by a-holes.

#12    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,730 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostHazzard, on 07 June 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I wish I knew why that little fact is so hard for some people to grasp. A distrust of science maybe? Or science doesn't validate their beliefs so they move on to others that will?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#13    rcarp89

rcarp89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 07 June 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I wish I knew why that little fact is so hard for some people to grasp. A distrust of science maybe? Or science doesn't validate their beliefs so they move on to others that will?

Because scientists can only state something as fact on what they can record, reproduce and show findings on. People like to blindly follow science without ever questioning whether what we know is some small part of a bigger picture. A few hundred years ago 'scientists' believed the world was flat, doctors believed the human body contained and was balanced by 4 humors and their medical techniques reflected this. People are skeptical because they know that what science 'knows' currently is a tiny part of a much more complex and long-running endeavor to discover and explain the unknown. Absolute and total belief in science and only science is blindness, some open mindedness and objectivity is key to new discoveries and ideas.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

View Postzoser, on 07 June 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

And how far has that got us in 60 years? But if we keep smashing our heads into that brick wall, one day, it will come down?

Why would you go in person when you can call ahead? Why risk life, expend unimaginable resources, huge expense and take what is likely a one way trip when you can just make a call?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#15    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 07 June 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Depends on who the scientists work for, doesn't it?  They're not all cut from the same mold, no more than any other profession.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

Also tagged with alien, nasa, seti, radio, et

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users