Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

SEO Optimization?

seo optimization google tips secrets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    UsefulSoul

UsefulSoul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• http://www.jameswadmanblog.com
    Scientist, author, pioneer of the universe

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hello friends,

I have been working on my blog for the past week, trying to get my view count up. My blog consists of my own novel excerpts, short stories, and poems. So far, I am getting anywhere from 6 to 65 views per day.  I know it's tough to start out, especially when it is a blog for personal works, but I feel like I could definitely be getting more hits if I enhanced my search engine optimization.

What I have done so far is download an plug-in that guides me through increasing my potential SEO, but I don't feel as if I am really grasping the concept.  I would really appreciate it if someone could explain to me what I should be focusing on as far as getting the most out of my SEO.

http://www.jameswadmanblog.com/
Scientist, Author, Pioneer of the Universe
Long time UM'er, brand new account

@UsefulSoul <-- follow me and be my new best friend!

#2    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I wish I had an answer....I am in the early phases of starting a couple of blogs so ill be lurking waiting to see what kind of repsponss you get

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,629 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

I've done some SEO in my time, here are my suggestions(they are by no means the best methods, but what I've found works well) that may improve your search position.  I'd classify them as minor-to-moderate SEO procedures.

1.  Don't over do it.  By that I mean don't have a three paragraph page description with three dozen keywords.  Keep the description simple and the keywords below 15.

2.  All links on every page that redirect to a different website need to tell the search spiders not to follow them by adding in rel="nofollow" in the html tag.

Example <a href="http://www.someplaceurl.com/" rel="nofollow">Link</a>

3.  Pages need to have links between themselves.

4.  Make sure to match keywords that are in the metadescrip/keywords list with content on the page.

5.  Place keywords of more importance in your <h1>-<h6> tags since they're given more relevance than <p> text.

Edited by Wickian, 09 June 2012 - 07:30 PM.

Also tagged with seo, optimization, google, tips, secrets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users