Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Baltic Anomaly Updates.

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#1    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hi all!

I just wondered if anyone else had been following the progress of the scientific expedition lead by Peter Lindberg and Dennis Asberg to get to the bottom of the mystery of the 200-foot wide unidentified object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. “Baltic Anomaly.” that was discovered last year by treasure hunters.

"“We don’t know whether it is a natural phenomenon, or an object,” Lindberg, captain of the Ocean Explorer, told FoxNews.com. “We saw it on sonar when we were searching for a wreck from World War I. This circular object just turned up on the monitor.”

http://tv.ibtimes.co...floor/1509.html

...Before the expedition known as The Ocean Explorer who's crew includes 13 researchers, including a sonar expert, and a camera crew from Swedish TV that will document the event. set off on the adventure Lindberg said he was in negotiations with Microsoft to see if the event could be carried live on the Internet, from the remote location in international waters via video streaming. But to my knowledge this didn't materialise...but for interested parties such as me , there is the website 'Ocean X Treme'  which has been posting regular updates on the adventure....

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

and today at 2pm, this intriguing message was posted on the site...

"BREAKING NEWS 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week"

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#2    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

I do not think it is a alien craft because the divers have seen whatever it is and I think there might be some bigger wigs involved if that was the case. The media is pushing the UFO angle, and it quite well might be from space, the more mundane explanations list a meteorite as one possible. It will be more than interesting to see what is released next week from the team themselves on the above provided link. If it is a alien craft, I expect some amazing pictures would be released.

BREAKING NEWS 2pm,“The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week.”

I believe this is an image of the anomaly

Posted Image

LINK

I think all one can do at this point is wait.

Edited by psyche101, 08 June 2012 - 01:23 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,579 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Just saying it's "amazing" tells us nothing about what the thing actually is. I hate this type of approach...wish they'd just spill as to what it is.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostLilly, on 08 June 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Just saying it's "amazing" tells us nothing about what the thing actually is. I hate this type of approach...wish they'd just spill as to what it is.

I totally agree that this type of approach is nothing more than 'showbiz' Lilly!
And that as we all suspect, the anomaly will ultimately prove to be no more than a natural rock formation of some kind.
But I applaud the efforts of this expedition for being adventurous enough to at least do what they are supposed to do...and go and investigate a curiosity.

Besides...it's all interesting boys-own adventure stuff for guys like me! :whistle:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,186 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Looks like a bunch of stone slabs to me.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,215 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

I would like to know what it is.  Seems unusual for a formation like that to occur naturally.

#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

Nature expresses itself in all forms.

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,852 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Lets start a wagger on what it will become?
1. Natural & Earth made.
2. Alien unknown in nature.
3.Man made,but long forgotten.
4.Image goof or mistake in the scan.
5.Supernatural.
6.None of the above.
:yes: :w00t: :santa: :blush: :alien: :whistle: Take your pick people THeres got to be a Great Prize waiting for you.

This is a Work in Progress!

#9    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

Can't help noticing in the first link they say the object is 60 foot wide. Where did the 200 foot wide come from?

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#10    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,186 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

I would go with natural or manmade. In my mind definitely NOT some type of extraterrestrial ship.

#11    Vance665

Vance665

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Is the picture looking straight down or is that some kinda radar cross section?

#12    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Looks Manmade To Me, Even Tho I'd Love It To Be Alien :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#13    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

DONTEATUS, my bets are either on 1, or 6. (Old sovjet junk)

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#14    Lcvec

Lcvec

civilized caveman

• 4,551 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for posting 1963. Whatever it is, it seems to be pretty interesting.

#15    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,253 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 08 June 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

Lets start a wagger on what it will become?
1. Natural & Earth made.
2. Alien unknown in nature.
3.Man made,but long forgotten.
4.Image goof or mistake in the scan.
5.Supernatural.
6.None of the above.
:yes: :w00t: :santa: :blush: :alien: :whistle: Take your pick people THeres got to be a Great Prize waiting for you.

I'm going for #7: All of the above!
Ancient Alien Ghosts taught early man how to carve natural rock formations so that future sonar scans would make mistakes and show it to be something other than what it is...

Other than that I'm going with #1...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users