Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Baltic Anomaly Updates.

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#496    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'd like to ask the rather obvious question that's been asked a thousand times already: Why isn't this story getting any attention from the media?

#497    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostLegaia, on 08 August 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

I'd like to ask the rather obvious question that's been asked a thousand times already: Why isn't this story getting any attention from the media?

It was all over the news 2 months ago, but then the info coming out turned quickly into fantasy so they backed away.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#498    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 08 August 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Some new things from the interview:

* The anomaly us circular, 50 meters in diameter, and 50 meters above the bottom.

* Later on Peter Lindberg says the 'pillar' is 7 meters high....

Now what is it??

* They sent samples to Stockholm University, but the people there are on vacation now, so no results can be expected soon.

* On the next dive (before September, when the conditions get worse) they hope to take real scientists with them, because they are just treasure hunters.

* Geologists say it can't be the cone of a volcano, it's impossible.

* The tract or trail near to the object is a 1000 meters long ridge.

* The stones found on top of the object probably came from dropping down from melting ice sheets during the (last?) ice age. These stones have soot on them you can scrape off. One of the stones  was, according to a geologist, made of basalt, and of a type you only find in the Mid Atlantic Ridge... The divers took that stone because it had no sediment on it, unlike the rest of the stones.

* IF it is a construction, it must be a 100,000 years old, or 40,000 years old, but not anything recent.

* Peter says he's not telling everything because a documentary is being made about it (before the end of this year), but they have some aces up their sleeves... And, most importantly, it is NOT a hoax.

* He says it's not a meteorite or asteroid that hit the water because that should have left a crater. But it could have impacted on the mile thick ice sheet, and than sank further down.

* On the next expedition they will look closer at the second anomaly that's about 200 meters away from the first anomaly. It's about 40 meters in diameter, or 40 by 30 meters, and has angular features. It is not raising 50 meters from the bottom.

*They plan to do the 3d expedition mid August, but not later than mid September.

* Disturbances of the electrical equipment happen when they are within 500 meters of the object.

Thank you for this :)

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#499    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 08 August 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

It was all over the news 2 months ago, but then the info coming out turned quickly into fantasy so they backed away.

Oh alright then. It's all fantasy folks, that's why the media backed off. Sheesh, wish they would've let more people know than username Jeffertonturner! Would've saved us all the anxiety!

#500    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Enlightened

• 3,932 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 08 August 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostLegaia, on 08 August 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Oh alright then. It's all fantasy folks, that's why the media backed off. Sheesh, wish they would've let more people know than username Jeffertonturner! Would've saved us all the anxiety!

It seemed like a reasonable description of events to me, but I would have added boredom to the media's lack of interest as well.

I think you should add JuniorChubb to the list of usernames that knew.  :tu:

Edited by Junior Chubb, 08 August 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Click here to view Unexplained Mysteries 5 Millionth post by Helen of Annoy, while you're there lets see if we can give it 5 Million likes (sorry Biff).

#501    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,063 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostLegaia, on 08 August 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hmmm ok..or you could be a drama queen about it...

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#502    Golly Buster

Golly Buster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 08 August 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

* IF it is a construction, it must be a 100,000 years old, or 40,000 years old, but not anything recent.

* Peter says he's not telling everything because a documentary is being made about it (before the end of this year), but they have some aces up their sleeves... And, most importantly, it is NOT a hoax.

Thanks for the summary.

#503    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,073 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postquillius, on 07 August 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

hope all is well 1963....

thanks for posting, just went to listen to it but sadly at one hour long I think it best when not at my desk :)

hopefully tonight.

have you listened to it and if so are you any the wiser?

Hi Quillius, I'm doing fine my friend and thanks for asking....hope that you and yours are just as well buddy! :tu:

And yes I have listened to the show, and found it mildly-interesting,,,and I see that Abramelin has already just about summarized the interview....so, in short..."no, i'm not much wiser". except that the "keeping some aces up their sleeves for the forthcoming documentary " jibe only served to confirm that the 'Cash-Cow' aspect of this find greatly outweighs the freely-open scientific-endeavour that this expedition purported to be a month or two ago! [feels like years]

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#504    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Post1963, on 08 August 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Hi Quillius, I'm doing fine my friend and thanks for asking....hope that you and yours are just as well buddy! :tu:

And yes I have listened to the show, and found it mildly-interesting,,,and I see that Abramelin has already just about summarized the interview....so, in short..."no, i'm not much wiser". except that the "keeping some aces up their sleeves for the forthcoming documentary " jibe only served to confirm that the 'Cash-Cow' aspect of this find greatly outweighs the freely-open scientific-endeavour that this expedition purported to be a month or two ago! [feels like years]

Cheers buddy.

Then you should listen to the interview again. Like 20 minutes from the end of the video.

#505    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,097 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

More on the testing of materials taken from the object-- I've been told, and have independently confirmed, that there is a custom in Sweden, called 'industrial vacation'. From the first part of July, through the first week of August most workers are all on vacation at the same time. The country practically shuts down. Well, that has just ended. It's not unreasonable to suppose that, as of Monday, the testing could begin to take place.
      I'd considered the possibility that nothing would be done until the start of the regular academic term at Stockholm University, on Sept. 3rd. It turns out that this is probably not the case. I have learned that a good deal of scientific research is done outside the regular terms at most universities. In fact, this may be the only way that some professors have time to do research. Analytical labs at universities  tend to have these researchers as their clients. It only makes sense that the labs would be doing work outside of academic terms.
     We may learn whether the object is simply a stone, or something really unusual, in a fairly short time. In addition to a sample from the object itself, one of the melted-looking rocks resting on or near the object was taken. If it really was melted, it will be necessary to account for the source of heat. If the rock does not prove to be volcanic or meteoric, this could be quite a problem.

#506    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,073 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 August 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Then you should listen to the interview again. Like 20 minutes from the end of the video.

OK you got me!...I went back and listened to the last twenty minutes [Again!] , ...and still haven't the slightest clue what your post was supposed to point out?...How does the description of the so called 'steps', or the poor visibility aspect of the dive negate my suspicions of $$££$$ spinning?...or is it the fact that they are planning a third visit at some uncertain time that makes the none disclosure of facts bearable for you?...or was it the blatant plea for corporate  sponsors and 'donations' through sales of their marine apparel that has convinced you that the 'Treasure Hunter Peter Lindberg' isn't really interested in making money from these enterprises , talk-shows,media interviews  and documentaries etc about the whole 'circus'...erm, I mean adventure?....not really too sure of your point Abramelin?...Unless you think that 'The Ocean X Team' are doing this for purely altruistic reasons?? :whistle:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#507    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

why SHOULDN'T Lindberg and his team make a little money with their find? They've had a great deal of expenses out there, so i find it legitimate for them at least making enough to pay for the expeditions. I mean, i don't see them dumping that thing in the baltic sea and claiming they "found" it then. They actually got something interesting there, no matter what it is, and just the fact that they maybe try to earn a little of their expenses back doesn't lable them as "outright hoaxers". Call me a cheapo b******, but i'd do the same!

#508    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Post1963, on 08 August 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Cheers buddy.

Hey 1963, glad to hear it buddy. And yes we are good my end....enjoy the kids summer hols.

I understand your frustration, all we ask is for some definitive answers and they are always slow in coming. I think Frank Kimblar and his 'evidence' is another where we wait and wait then fizzles out. Dont mind what the answer is as long as its definitve and forthcoming.

apparently Patience is a virtue, often found in women but seldom in a man.

#509    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,097 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 09 August 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

why SHOULDN'T Lindberg and his team make a little money with their find? They've had a great deal of expenses out there, so i find it legitimate for them at least making enough to pay for the expeditions. I mean, i don't see them dumping that thing in the baltic sea and claiming they "found" it then. They actually got something interesting there, no matter what it is, and just the fact that they maybe try to earn a little of their expenses back doesn't lable them as "outright hoaxers". Call me a cheapo b******, but i'd do the same!
There is also the fact that Dennis Lindberg and Peter Aasberg went heavily into debt to finance the expeditions to the object. Their expenses therein come to some 7000 Euros (about 8600 U.S. Dollars) per day. They also lost time from their regular, profitable business of recovering valuables from sunken ships. Perhaps it would have been better if scientists, rather than salvage divers had found this object. If this had happened, the expenses would presumably have managed with research grants.

Edited by bison, 09 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#510    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

View Postbison, on 09 August 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

There is also the fact that Dennis Lindberg and Peter Aasberg went heavily into debt to finance the expeditions to the object. Their expenses therein come to some 7000 Euros (about 8600 U.S. Dollars) per day. They also lost time from their regular, profitable business of recovering valuables from sunken ships. Perhaps it would have been better if scientists, rather than salvage divers had found this object. If this had happened, the expenses would presumably have managed with research grants.
so either they're seriously convinced they've found something unusual - or they're a pretty mean bunch of poker players and hope to cash in big time after spending so much! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users