Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Polar bear shatters enclosure's glass in zoo

polar bear glass zoo rotterdam

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Abramelin, on 11 June 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Well, the next video (Dutch) explains why he threw that 'rock':

As to make sure these animals won't get bored, they give them fish frozen in a large chunk of ice. That way they'll have something to do: they have to open up the block of ice by either smashing it on a rock, or by throwing a rock on the chunk of ice.

LOL, but now suppose he is hungry an is unable to open the chunk of ice to get to that fish.... he will probably be as angry as someone whose work on his computer is lost because of a crash (and often the cause of many sightings of IFCs = Identified Flying Computers ).

Thanks for posting this! This explains it and is so interesting. It is sad though that humans make captive animals behave in unnatural ways... but this does explain alot. I wonder how much of the learned unnatural behaviours get passed into genes as captive animals breed....

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Sevenof Seven, on 11 June 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Animals do extraordinary things and are not stupid like humans think they are. They know when they are being held captive and this one is obviously angry about it and no one can blame him/her.

Yeah, most humans are ignorant to the inteligence of animals. It's a pet hate of mine.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Coffey, on 11 June 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yeah, most humans are ignorant to the inteligence of animals. It's a pet hate of mine.
Good pun! but I know you meant it!! LOL.

Also tagged with polar bear, glass, zoo, rotterdam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users