Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pack of eight wolves maul woman keeper

wolves kolmarden park zoo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,374 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

A female keeper was today mauled to death by a pack of eight wolves at a popular Swedish zoo, police said.

The 30-year-old woman had entered the wolf enclosure at Kolmarden park, in the Ostergotland district, alone at about 11am when the deadly incident happened.

It is understood that visitors to the zoo then witnessed the horrific attack.

http://www.dailymail...rs-look-on.html

Posted Image

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,759 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

hmmm...looks like the wolves were electing a new pack leader....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Given Sweden's paranoid fear of wolves it seems odd that there is a semi-socilaized pack in a zoo and that visitors would want to encounter them.  Difficult to judge the cause for the attack, I wonder if the victim was a new member of staff; from my own experience socialized wolves regarded us two-legs as part of the pack - yes, you had to be accepted, but after that there was nothing but mutual affection and trust.

EDIT: Just checked other news agencies, it seems the victim was an experienced keeper, which makes the attack more baffling - and contrary to the DM's report, apparently there were no witnesses.

Edited by Oppono Astos, 17 June 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#4    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

How awful. I can't believe they let the public in to interact with them. You can't predict what the public will do around the wolves, and what the wolves will do either, which the facility should've  known.
I'm not glad it was her, but I am glad it wasn't someone's child or children. Now what, they euthanise the wolves?

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users